• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cleric Nerf

AegisFTW

Coal
I think the Cleric Spec is has major problems in it's class, I'll go all organized though and make it in sections comparing it to Druid.

---------|--------------------------------------------
Healthl|--------------------------------------------
Just to start of everything is from the wiki, yes
it's outdated, but it's the only source of info I can
find. Basically here is the hp for each level for the
healer classes.

Cleric - Base Hp - 35
Hp Gain - .4

Druid - Base Hp - 35
Hp Gain - .25

Blood Mage -Base Hp - 35
Hp Gain - .25

Monk - Base Hp - 35
Hp Gain - .25

Now as you can see, the Cleric gets the most, which it seems like the monk should get the most.

Now when they all get level 50...

Cleric - Base Hp Lvl 50 - 55

Others - Base Hp Lvl 50 - 47

It may not seem like much, but the cleric can basically hold about one or two more attacks from a average pvp. Though to add to hp there is skills and armor that are better than the other classes.

Armor|---------------------------------------------

Now this is when I start comparing the Druid and the Cleric.
The Druid basically has the same armor as the other classes, but the Cleric doesn't.

Druid - Gold, Leather, and a Chainmail Helmet

Cleric - Leather, Iron, ChainMail, Gold, and Diamond Chest Plate.

I don't know about you, but the Cleric's armor makes them seem like mini Paladin,
not to mention warriors are supposed to be tanks.

Skills|----------------------------------------------
Last section and probably almost go over every skill about the cleric.

Bandage - Lvl 5 - 10 Mp - 5 Hp - I have no problem with this cause every cause has this

Invuln - Lvl 10 - 75 Mp - Cool skill, just doesn't seem like the type of skill that would be level 10

Pray - Lvl 20 - Mp 15 - 15 Hp - Now Druid has this too and it pisses me off a bit, Druid heals 10 for 35 each and Cleric heals 15 hp which is basically 30 hp for Cleric I believe because Druid heal on the wiki is 5 hp when it really 10 when you use the /hp command.

Revive - Lvl 30 - Mp 75 - Slime Ball needed - Revive is balanced though. I have NO problem with it at all.

Smite - Lvl 40 - Mp 20 - I don't know really what to say for this one, never seen it be used so I can't really say anything about it.

Dispel - Lvl 50 - Mp 25 - This skill is extremely useful especially on enchanters piggify you, deserves to be level 50, no problem.

All the other classes I was a bit fine with, except Pray. Pray because with all the armor you can get, added with the hp you can basically tank your way through with the spell with the help of Invuln.

End|------------------------------------------------
I'm done with my rant, I know that Cleric is more directed on a healing class where the Druid can Tp to the zeal and be more of a trade and support class, but the Clerics really don't need to run around in diamond and iron armor and be like "Hell yea, we are Paladin wanna bes." I also don't see the point of the extra hp ._.

Like I said, I'm done with this post. I hope you consider this suggestion when you read this all, or unless you skipped everything because your that type of people that think that they are going to get a short story.

I don't agree with much of this. I am a lvl 50 cleric and I am happy with the way things are. I don't feel over powered by any means. When invulnerability was only 25% mana then I did but now it's 75% and I her to e wry careful how to use it. I agree about the health. Our health for what ever reason is higher then other healers. But instead of lowering ours why not simply buff the others a bit? We do shit damage but that's how it's supposed to be. I like the fact that I can wear chainmail and a diamond chest piece because I can't do that sorta damage that's being inflicted on me. So I can take some hits and let one of my friends know what's going on and help rescue me. Now bloodmages do more damage with there abilities then I could do with mine.so their lack of armor is understandable. I'm not sure how monks fits are doing lately but even still it would be silly to have monks with iron or chainmail armor so I think of there fists aren't doing good damage that they probably should.

Now I do feel sorry for Druids. They do get port however I think they should get a new heal. Maybe one that full heals. Like lay of hands with better mana regen because I do agree that Druids are lacking. I think of them as the premier waking class but ATM clerics are better. Obviously u think I am biased but I like how clerics are right now. It fits really well in groups but it doesn't dominate by any means. So yea my perspective is to buff Druids with a heal or two. Maybe even a heal over time spell if that is even able to be coded.

R3xz

Glowstone
I believe the way that it meant to be is that druid are primary healer, meaning they SHOULD be able to heal more than cleric, while being more squishy in physical durability. Cleric are meant to be more tanky, so that explain the invuln as well are imrpoved armor and health. The only change that need to be done is to make druid heal more than cleric, it's just that simple, no need for a long ass post really lol.

This class design was recognized by me and many others from the start, seeing as how druid replaced priest, who used to be designed as core healer. And you are correct, cleric are mini-pally, with the exception that they should be able to heal better but with lesser damage and armor.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Technically speaking. The Cleric is meant to be the tanky type that heals.

Druid is meant to be the crowd control, heal, nuke type thats a bit more squishy.
Bloodmage is meant to be the more caster / healer with less hp but a tad more offensive abilities.

Monk is the melee healer.

AegisFTW

Coal
I don't agree with much of this. I am a lvl 50 cleric and I am happy with the way things are. I don't feel over powered by any means. When invulnerability was only 25% mana then I did but now it's 75% and I her to e wry careful how to use it. I agree about the health. Our health for what ever reason is higher then other healers. But instead of lowering ours why not simply buff the others a bit? We do shit damage but that's how it's supposed to be. I like the fact that I can wear chainmail and a diamond chest piece because I can't do that sorta damage that's being inflicted on me. So I can take some hits and let one of my friends know what's going on and help rescue me. Now bloodmages do more damage with there abilities then I could do with mine.so their lack of armor is understandable. I'm not sure how monks fits are doing lately but even still it would be silly to have monks with iron or chainmail armor so I think of there fists aren't doing good damage that they probably should.

Now I do feel sorry for Druids. They do get port however I think they should get a new heal. Maybe one that full heals. Like lay of hands with better mana regen because I do agree that Druids are lacking. I think of them as the premier waking class but ATM clerics are better. Obviously u think I am biased but I like how clerics are right now. It fits really well in groups but it doesn't dominate by any means. So yea my perspective is to buff Druids with a heal or two. Maybe even a heal over time spell if that is even able to be coded.

We all have the same attack for all the healer classes, healers are not attackers, they are support, but don't need to buff druid and every other class, just nerf cleric if needed.

I believe the way that it meant to be is that druid are primary healer, meaning they SHOULD be able to heal more than cleric, while being more squishy in physical durability. Cleric are meant to be more tanky, so that explain the invuln as well are imrpoved armor and health. The only change that need to be done is to make druid heal more than cleric, it's just that simple, no need for a long ass post really lol.

This class design was recognized by me and many others from the start, seeing as how druid replaced priest, who used to be designed as core healer. And you are correct, cleric are mini-pally, with the exception that they should be able to heal better but with lesser damage and armor.

Yes, I believe it's either make the Druid little bit better in healing or remove some of the armor for cleric.

Technically speaking. The Cleric is meant to be the tanky type that heals.

Druid is meant to be the crowd control, heal, nuke type thats a bit more squishy.
Bloodmage is meant to be the more caster / healer with less hp but a tad more offensive abilities.

Monk is the melee healer.

That is making the Cleric more like a paladin though, :(. It would seem monk gets some of those thing though because they would be the ones doing melee.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Jumping up and down requesting a 'nerf' to cleric wont make it happen.

None of the healers are at 'final' standing - so please be patient.

AegisFTW

Coal

That makes me feel a a lot better.

I'll just wait a bit to see the finished classes of healers.

R3xz

Glowstone
You really need to put out good thought if you wanna suggest something to Kain. The cleric right now is kinda like a battlepriest, if you feel that it's doing a better job than monk for battling, you should suggest some ways to distinguish between the two.

In some of the game that i've played a battlepriest is always armored and is kinda like a paladin in WoW, a tanky healer with melee combat specialty. I see this in the fact that cleric get better armor and health than the other healers. A monk however is unheard of in some of the game that i've played with the exception of the FF series. In FF the monk is also somewhat of a tanky fighter, due to the fact that they have a crapton of health, but very little defense/migitation agains physical attack. Due to the similarity of the role of a Cleric (an armored healer with an above average melee confrontation capability [high health, good armor, invuln]) and a monk (an unarmored healer with a melee combat specialization), I'd suggest figuring out ways to make the two a bit more contrasted. Perhap the cleric should remain having the same armor capability to defend against melee/physical damage while a monk should get a stamina buff and some sort of mitigation against magic attack? This way both could still be healer fighters but have slight role and different advantages and disadvantages.

AegisFTW

Coal
You really need to put out good thought if you wanna suggest something to Kain. The cleric right now is kinda like a battlepriest, if you feel that it's doing a better job than monk for battling, you should suggest some ways to distinguish between the two.

In some of the game that i've played a battlepriest is always armored and is kinda like a paladin in WoW, a tanky healer with melee combat specialty. I see this in the fact that cleric get better armor and health than the other healers. A monk however is unheard of in some of the game that i've played with the exception of the FF series. In FF the monk is also somewhat of a tanky fighter, due to the fact that they have a crapton of health, but very little defense/migitation agains physical attack. Due to the similarity of the role of a Cleric (an armored healer with an above average melee confrontation capability [high health, good armor, invuln]) and a monk (an unarmored healer with a melee combat specialization), I'd suggest figuring out ways to make the two a bit more contrasted. Perhap the cleric should remain having the same armor capability to defend against melee/physical damage while a monk should get a stamina buff and some sort of mitigation against magic attack? This way both could still be healer fighters but have slight role and different advantages and disadvantages.

What Kain said, I'm not going to bother with it, once he does edit the healers classes, I'll be ready, the reason why I didn't do anything else like such as solutions is because

1. I need to get used to Hero Crafts classes.

2. It would make the post twice as long, All I am doing here is stating facts, I was going to post solutions if people actually posted, but Kain said,

So I won't be whining for a bit. I'll let them change the classes a bit then I'll think of what they did.

My main point that I was trying to make that you really didn't seem to understand was that playing around with my friends, healing the way i was and fighting with them cleric wasn't over powered. I couldn't give off full heals or anything like that and even with armor i still sustained damage. I fit well with the group. I wasn't dominating anything, I wasn't just spaming heals while in a protective bubble. With the cool downs and mana costs I really had tothink about what I was doing.

So what I was saying, do not nerf clerics (because i sincerely believe that they are in a good place) just buff the rest. Its not very hard to make the other classes stronger and kainzo obviously knows what he wants out of the classes. Yes a simple way to make the healers balanced is bringing them all down to the same level that most are closer to. But wouldn't you rather be buffed?