• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Classes on previous maps

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Just wondering how the class system worked on previous maps, as leveling/exp is relatively new in minecraft. So did everyone just play vanilla? Did everyone play the same class?(Were classes even about in Zeal and Sanctum?) Were there any skills? If so, did you get them all at lvl 1, as you wouldn't have been able to unlock them by leveling, or did HC have it's own unique leveling system?

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
So, in zeal there were still classes. It was basically how it was today, with leveling , unlocking skills, and spec'ing. Except that there was only 1 class per person at a time, and the best way to level was to mine. HC had its own unique system, and you could check your level via /level. Don't quote me on this, since I have a terrible memory for general things.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Sanctum was vanilla-ish. There were some 'spells' you could find in dungeons such as Lightwalk and Blink, but that was it.

Zeal you could only be one class, either combat or crafter. However, the combat classes only had 3-4 skills each for the most part.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
The EXP system being added to Minecraft was kinda just a bit of a visual addition for Heroes by making it possible to see exp in vanilla with the Experience Bar - Heroes still has a very different experience curve and system to vanilla, which is pretty much completely separate. Heroes worked without vanilla exp as an independent plugin because the don't really affect each other much - we don't quite have vanilla exp in HC.

You'll find that you gain experience for things through killing and mining rather than experience orbs. Type '/hero verbose' ingame and let the system spam you with messages every time you gain Heroes exp to get what happens with it - that's how we worked before MC Enchanting, and that's how we still work now.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'll try my best to cover how it worked in in Zeal, whereas the Heroes plug-in first started officially. ;)

There were 5 classes: Warrior, Healer, Rogue, Crafter and Caster.

Like now, each class had 4 different specifications. Most of them are the same now, but with crafter you only had Smith, Mason, Alchemist and Engineer. Some skills we have now are ones which we used to have, but overall many new ones have been added.

Leveling your main class took you to level 50, not 30 (level 50 was the max level in Zeal). When you mastered the class, and hopped onto a specification, you had to reach level 50 again to master. This took longer because all exp was halfed.

To gain experience, anyone could kill MOBs, mine, ect, unlike now whereas only professions get experience from mining.

When the 1.8 update came out, with many new features to the game, I guess it was time to allow more specifications in the Crafter class, which eventually turned into the professions we had today. This let normal PvPers have the abilities of builders, and vice-versa.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll try my best to cover how it worked in in Zeal, whereas the Heroes plug-in first started officially. ;)

There were 5 classes: Warrior, Healer, Rogue, Crafter and Caster.

Like now, each class had 4 different specifications. Most of them are the same now, but with crafter you only had Smith, Mason, Alchemist and Engineer. Some skills we have now are ones which we used to have, but overall many new ones have been added.

Leveling your main class took you to level 50, not 30 (level 50 was the max level in Zeal). When you mastered the class, and hopped onto a specification, you had to reach level 50 again to master. This took longer because all exp was halfed.

To gain experience, anyone could kill MOBs, mine, ect, unlike now whereas only professions get experience from mining.

When the 1.8 update came out, with many new features to the game, I guess it was time to allow more specifications in the Crafter class, which eventually turned into the professions we had today. This let normal PvPers have the abilities of builders, and vice-versa.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I would rather have a battle that lasts 20 seconds, than a battle that takes 5
Hotbar full of stew and one slot for sword + full iron/dia armor = 20+ sec battle (Tested on a random vanilla pvp server) vs. Geomancer using firewave = 1 sec battle xD