• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] [Halvalor] [20] {Neutral}

Angel_Works

Stone
As for town design. Once I get the roads started I'd like to section the town into 4 quadrants, with a block separating each. Kinda like you are entering a house, when you enter and leave that section place the block back. This way raiders will only be in 1/4th of the town and we can group up in the other part and that 3/4 of the town will be 100 percent safe.

Shiroku has this set-up, I raided them once while I was a dragoon. Had I not had the Jump ability I would've been stuck in the initial quarter I broke into. Very effective imo. Though really...We need to hammer on dirt discipline. If everyone dirts all their doors and all their chests, nothing will get stolen and any raiders will leave feeling quite frustrated and rather stupid.

Lastly, I don't want anyone feeling to bad about this. Dmil23 and Tigo are some of the best PVPers on the server with multiple specs and possibly thousands of fights under their belt. We were a rabble of unspecced Warriors and Rogues. If you're not spec'd, do so. Yesterday I went from level 20 to level 38, in one day. It should be easy to get your spec in two weeks.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
dmil got a bounty if that makes you guys happier.

Yesterday I went from level 20 to level 38, in one day. It should be easy to get your spec in two weeks.

I don't like mining, I should do it more, but it's a pain to get to the 1.8 base.

Also, Ichorlicker made a big stone wall around his tower, near the south gate. Demoing that would free up some space for a plot, I think I'll get to that now.

Aiming for dknight today :)

We're honored Spicy :p Being that we have similar allies/neutrals and enemies as you guys I would love to accept your offer, but I'm afraid I can't just yet.

Mainly because two of your current members, CAT1226 and jaxanta500, used to be in Halvalor but I had to kick them because CAT1226 was caught in the act of stealing and jaxanta500 is associated with him IRL.

CAT1226 has been removed from town - caught in the act of stealing.

Jaxanta500 has also been removed - guilt by association

If something changes let me know because I'd love to be allies!

@Spicycheez

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with pretty much everything kperk has said (surprise, heh). He and I have been talking about city design / layout, and we are going to continue working on not only making the city more organized, but also keeping us better protected. I'm also working on some town beautification projects and general landscaping. We currently have a kind of mixture of "natural" design and "organized, modern" design, and they don't exactly mesh well. I'm working on transitions between the two as I go through and work on the roads, so hopefully that will help.

On the town defense note --- it's hard to defend the town from intruders because everybody is always off mining and such, and no one wants to recall to the town to fight. Kperk is exactly right that if we group together when intruders are in town, we will have a MUCH greater chance of killing them and preventing them from taking our stuff. And if you are a town member when intruders come in - I would suggest you keep a chest in your house somewhere, drop off your good stuff quickly, and come out to help fight.

One final note....if I come down to the wheat farm one more time and there is a section completely unplanted......heh. Seriously guys...I don't know who is doing it - but please replant the wheat when you harvest. Kperk, Mdperk, Plasma, and I spent a lot of time making the new wheat farm, and all we ask is that you replant when you harvest. We (kperk and I especially) are really trying to work hard on the town and improve things for everyone --- I don't want money or praise for that, but please be responsible and help out when you can. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to go down to the farm the other day, to see entire sections empty, and the seeds chest completely looted...

On a lighter note - mostly everyone has been extremely supportive and helpful though! I know the selfish people are in the minority, so I don't mean this as a lecture, hehe :)

Just a side note to what sadik said, if I or a town officer catch you not replanting the wheat farm or the tree farm it will be an automatic kick.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i agree.. we need to defend our town. Not everyone is speced or knows how to pvp. some just play mc to mine and build what they want, etc. if there is a confirmed bad guy in town, lastivity and I will recall or stop what we doing and run to aid.

on town stuff, been leveling houses and land as needed around to help make it better. we destroyed a vacant house above mine, took all nite, but its down. ( we found 8 hidden chests in the walls, floors, etc. all cobble and dirt and one had sand) so just a matter of helping town and then trying to level.

On the farm note.. if it continues to not be replanted, maybe a lwc door on bottom would help. it does take some work to replant but instead of crouching across all that dirt, stand on path and plant as far in as you can. with two people going down paths, it gets planted in short manner.

The chest by you bed is great idea.. leave enough space around your bed so you can spawn, have your ass-kicking chest stocked with weapons, armor, and anything you may need for combat, food too.

This is our town people.... we can make it or break it. so far we have conquered many a feat, got knocked on our asses and stood right back up proud and determined.

ago porro quod prospicio Hal

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Yesterday I killed an ally/town member (or something I still don't know, all I know is he is good) because someone told me he was bad. (He was holding a sword too)

So please don't tell me someone is bad because I will kill them!

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
We had another intruder earlier this morning just fyi - "TomSilver" or "TomSlayer" or something like that. Everyone needs to assist when they can with closing up holes, tunnels, and other areas where outsiders can get in. I'll get to working on the top part of the wall ASAP (later today) to help also.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
there are several if not MANY mine shaft that go right under the wall.. water area too.. need to check all that.. ( ether that or someone is letting them in...)

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
We don't need to block up as long as that lift we have is blocked. If you're worried about getting pwnt while mining I can do what we did with the redstone torches... but you really should be out in 1.8 mining.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i am not talking bout us diggin under, i'm talking bout everyone else diggin to get in. i mine way out in 1.8 area. there is a tone of attempts under us and a catacomb of shafts.. only takes a 2 block to get in......

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Finally got dknight for those who weren't on late last night EST.

Also, just a reminder that me and persist3nce are TOWN OFFICIALS, therefore you should pay us your utmost respect. We're on the most, we've both been in town for a while, and we're the most mature. You can pay us taxes too. The problem with NyanKitteh being an official is that she isn't on much when everybody else is on (she lives in australia), but I guess she could monitor the town when it isn't morning/evening EST (as most of us are).

@J3susfreak @Toad I'd consider this.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
i am not talking bout us diggin under, i'm talking bout everyone else diggin to get in. i mine way out in 1.8 area. there is a tone of attempts under us and a catacomb of shafts.. only takes a 2 block to get in......

Not if the regioned area is sealed off, on all levels underground. The main reason people get in is because people are not sealing up their mineshaft that goes outside of the region, and/or forget to replace the block that protects the lift up to the surface.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Finally got dknight for those who weren't on late last night EST.

Also, just a reminder that me and persist3nce are TOWN OFFICIALS, therefore you should pay us your utmost respect.

grats on the Dknight !! wooot !

as for respect, I do not dole it out willy nilly... it is earned and given. Just because someone has a title doesnt mean I automatically have to respect that person. That person has to fufill and live up to that title and then some. That is how I view respect.

Zaspar, I do respect you, but so help me, if you disarm me again lol...... :D

I think that alot of the mineshafts arent blocked off and its needs to be checked, as we need our town to be secure.

I just realized Zaspar.. you can disarm then suck the soul outta said player.......... :cool:

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I just realized Zaspar.. you can disarm then suck the soul outta said player.......... :cool:

Drainsoul, sadly, is at level 50, I have a ways to go

"Harmtouch" is at level 10, "Curse" is at 40, "Manafreeze" is at 30... such awesome titles to go with "Disarm", haha

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
ok I've added a few from previous map,
gmtW4.png

Z A S P A R, not Zasper :p

That ship thing is Iarbob's

Also, that tower near chandler's with the two question marks belongs to AKILLYEZ (mayor of val)

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Have people not been respecting you Zaspar? hehe

I was obviously mistaken about how long you have been there, but I didn't mean any disrespect (just wanted to make sure your post wasn't a response to something I said in game earlier). I would argue one point though - I definitely think, in terms of maturity, there are other people who would be very good at being objective and assisting with town disputes and other issues.....*cough*.... :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yes the sheep in the north gate would BE PERFECT for that.. i say we elect this sheep, his wool is so furry and he would fill that spot good.

i will go tell him in sheep speak he has a new job.... :p

( humor for those that cant grasp it)