• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Change in Mining experience

Hello, I would like to suggest that a change in Mining experience be done seeing how stone is giving about .1 experience per block. Based on facts, previously stone blocks were giving anywhere from .5 - 1.0 experience, resulting in about 100,000 blocks to LVL 50. Now it's around 1,000,000 blocks with just .1 experience per stone and I think it's a bit unfair.

Mining is basically the Crafters way of leveling and compared to other classes that can level MUCH quicker from Mob Spawners, we tag behind. Honestly, I don't want to sit holding down my left click on my mouse 1,000,000 blocks until I hit level 50, Spec, and then do it again.

I think that you should keep other Mining materials where they are, they're right at where they should be, but stone is our main thing that we Crafters mine. Seeing how our main effective way of leveling is the slowest, and tedious, I think that Stone experience should be raised to anywhere from .25-1.0.

I find this a fair number because it would still take anywhere from a couple hundred thousand to 100,000 to get to 50. This still is tedious and hardwork, but realizes a bit of stress from 1-50 and makes it easier to achieve 50. Thanks for looking at my suggestion!

- deathhawk591

Hmm... how do you know that mob spawners are faster? The only thing I've heard is how painfully slow it is. With all the players, it takes forever for a monster to spawn from a mob spawner. I don't think they level much quicker at all.
-1, coming from an Alchemist.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
You're implying that all methods of getting experience should be equal, which is not the case. [Excluded due to irreverence] It'd take 240 smoothstone to equal the experience of killing one spider, and much more time, but there is no measure to the difference in danger or difficulty between the two methods.

"Hmm... how do you know that mob spawners are faster? The only thing I've heard is how painfully slow it is. With all the players, it takes forever for a monster to spawn from a mob spawner. I don't think they level much quicker at all.
-1, coming from an Alchemist."

Obviously like the post below, 240 smoothstone is equivalent to that of a spider which can take 25-30 seconds to kill.

"You're implying that all methods of getting experience should be equal, which is not the case. [Excluded due to irreverence] It'd take 240 smoothstone to equal the experience of killing one spider, and much more time, but there is no measure to the difference in danger or difficulty between the two methods."

With correct lighting, you can flee from most battles which of course, Crafters have no offense and defense abilities so that is our main option. Swinging a Iron Pick at some Skeles probably isn't the smartest idea. I do think ALL experience should be somewhat equal.. Having different classes level quicker than others just seems a bit unfair. I think that Crafters get the hardest journey from 1-50 and thus this is why my thread was created.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
[Excluded due to irreverence]
Haha, I didn't think the part about experience bonuses was that irreverent. Maybe irrelevant, though.

I do think ALL experience should be somewhat equal.. Having different classes level quicker than others just seems a bit unfair. I think that Crafters get the hardest journey from 1-50 and thus this is why my thread was created.

Crafters have the longest journey, perhaps, but not the hardest. Rocks are much safer to combat than mobs. Choosing crafter, you must know what you're in for: a slow, reliable climb up to level 50 in the mines and caves. A good combat class player will level up faster than you, but their path is fraught with danger and uncertainty.

"Hmm... how do you know that mob spawners are faster? The only thing I've heard is how painfully slow it is. With all the players, it takes forever for a monster to spawn from a mob spawner. I don't think they level much quicker at all.
-1, coming from an Alchemist."

Obviously like the post below, 240 smoothstone is equivalent to that of a spider which can take 25-30 seconds to kill.
And how long does it take to mine 240 stone blocks? It's "x" seconds, right? Now, unless you're a REALLY bad miner, you'll be finding ore with it, so it only takes "y" seconds to "mine a spider's xp", which is considerable less than "x". Now a spider can take 25-30 seconds to kill, but if you're standing at a mob spawner waiting 2 minutes between each spider, tell me how that is faster than mining? That's not even mentioning the exp loss that comes with pvp/mob hunting, or the time it takes to gather food to keep from dying.

Use the "reply" button and stop using bold and italics... -_-'

Haha, I didn't think the part about experience bonuses was that irreverent. Maybe irrelevant, though.

Crafters have the longest journey, perhaps, but not the hardest. Rocks are much safer to combat than mobs. Choosing crafter, you must know what you're in for: a slow, reliable climb up to level 50 in the mines and caves. A good combat class player will level up faster than you, but their path is fraught with danger and uncertainty.

True, but the Crafter path seems obsolete in experience compared to that of other classes, I mean, the experience is at a all time low for Stone, and that's the only thing I see changing. Other ores are fine where they are.

And how long does it take to mine 240 stone blocks? It's "x" seconds, right? Now, unless you're a REALLY bad miner, you'll be finding ore with it, so it only takes "y" seconds to "mine a spider's xp", which is considerable less than "x". Now a spider can take 25-30 seconds to kill, but if you're standing at a mob spawner waiting 2 minutes between each spider, tell me how that is faster than mining? That's not even mentioning the exp loss that comes with pvp/mob hunting, or the time it takes to gather food to keep from dying.

Use the "reply" button and stop using bold and italics... -_-'
So you're telling me it takes 2 minutes for a mob spawner to spawn mobs? I'm sure its way off that timing, and sorry, I'm kind of new to the forums, didn't realize there was a reply button.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Spawners spawn slowly when there are more players online. 60 or less players is perfect time for spawners as there is almost no lag with that many players.

So you're telling me it takes 2 minutes for a mob spawner to spawn mobs? I'm sure its way off that timing.
That's the way it's been in the past, yes. Kain's been working on boosting the tick rate so that time's probably gone done, but I am dead serious about the two minutes. Please provide your evidence for the speed of spawners.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I leveled on a skele spwner way out in the south west and it was much faster than two minutes, by the time I was done with one wave it had already spawned 1-2 more waves. I mastered cleric in this manner. The spawner went about one wave (of 1-4 mobs) every 30-50 secs.
Get yourself a spawner in the wild.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I know crafters complain, but we can make it so you have no combat abiltiies whatsoever and your attacks do 0 dmg. Seriously. If you want to PVP or use combat abilities - don't play a crafting class. Hire a guard, make friends - etc. You do base damage (The same as pal/dk's and casters) so stop complaining about that.

PvP isn't an optional thing though. We don't look for fights. We get cornered in a mineshaft by someone with better attack damage, spells, and in most cases better armor. Luckily I chose Blacksmith, so I'm not always outgeared. No chance is no fair.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
...Some of us have combat abilities?
I know we don't do 0 damage [yet], but... you're threatening to take away our combat abilities?
I don't threaten anyone, I just do it.
In either case, I'm happy with the damage output of crafters - it is in-line with warriors - I'm unhappy with restricting swords tbh. I feel we may grant them back, but to be honest, they wont do much damage.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
I see a trend. Crafting classes seem to be a love-hate relationship. Crafters hate and complain about their class but yet they can't bring themselves to choose something else.

Ah, so cute. <3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I see a trend of never being understood on the forums...
Make yourself more clear then.
I can't read minds and jumping up and down shouting won't help you.
In the interim - you have brought nothing to any of these topics except bewilderment and harassment, this is your first warning.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Neither Kainzo nor anyone else on the coding and founding staff has to be reminded of the magnitude of their tasks, @Rofii . It's all Kainzo does, all day. He's making the game he wants to play; that's all he's done since the beginning. You and I are all invited to play with him. Just play nice.