• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Cauldron Unusable

DGray009

TNT
When I made a Cauldron I was able to access it and make the recipes but when I went to take the item it said I did not know how to make it. I tried this for all the logs and ice recipes which I believe I should be able to do. I am a level 25 Alchemist.

Ropsux

TNT
I had the same problem, if I tried to craft anything with the recipes in wiki it just said that "You don't know how to craft <item>". I'm level 56 alchemist, so I think I should be able to craft almost everything, but none of the cauldron recipes worked. Please fix this.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I had the same problem, if I tried to craft anything with the recipes in wiki it just said that "You don't know how to craft <item>". I'm level 56 alchemist, so I think I should be able to craft almost everything, but none of the cauldron recipes worked. Please fix this.

I think Smith might be able to make the cauldron since it is iron, are you sure alchemist is supposed to be able to craft em?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
It sounds like DGray was able to construct the cauldron and place it. It's removing the recipes from the GUI that is troublesome.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When I made a Cauldron I was able to access it and make the recipes but when I went to take the item it said I did not know how to make it. I tried this for all the logs and ice recipes which I believe I should be able to do. I am a level 25 Alchemist.
@mung3r - can you take a looksee about this?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
are you guys actually using the proper cauldron skill/recipes?
@WitchOnaRampage - I dont see how this would even affect the recipe stuff with Alchemist cauldrons

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
are you guys actually using the proper cauldron skill/recipes?
@WitchOnaRampage - I dont see how this would even affect the recipe stuff with Alchemist cauldrons

I was wondering whether it's tied in with the crafting table recipe restrictions because the error message sounds the same.

Just to check,
@DGray009 @Ropsux have you laid out the ingredients exactly as indicated in the wiki? (It sounds like DGray did, from his description.)

And,
Have ANY Alchemists successfully crafted any cauldron recipes?

DGray009

TNT
Yah I put the recipe into the cauldron GUI and the resulted item (ice or logs) was displayed, however when i went to pull it out it said "You don't know how to craft <item>". This was done without shift clicking which seems to be disabled intentionally.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
Just tried grass block... No dice.

Edit: The result of the cauldron recipe is me trying to get the item from the cauldron to no avail. Felt as though I needed comedic montage music playing in the background as tried to remove the grass block in multiple directions lol

Edit: #2: Grass block is level 10 recipe and I am level 12 Alchemist. The message is "You don't know how to craft grass"

Last edited:

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Cauldron Bug report: tested with grass blocks and spruce logs.
(lvl 30 alchemist)
step by step:
1. made the cauldron.
2. put the mats in for the recipe and tried to recover the result (note that the mats don't go away when retrieving the result).
3. closed the cauldron (notice the materials drop on the ground, no result in inventory).
screenshots for the 3 steps posted.

Edit: Sorry for the double upload of the first step.

Attachments

• 1alch.png
    1alch.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1alch.png
    1alch.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2alch.png
    2alch.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3alch.png
    3alch.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 3

Ropsux

TNT
I was wondering whether it's tied in with the crafting table recipe restrictions because the error message sounds the same.

Just to check,
@DGray009 @Ropsux have you laid out the ingredients exactly as indicated in the wiki? (It sounds like DGray did, from his description.)

And,
Have ANY Alchemists successfully crafted any cauldron recipes?

Yeah, I put the items in crafting grid exactly as it shows up in wiki, and then it shows me the item that I'm going to craft, but when I click it, it gives me that message that I don't know how to craft it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're actively working on a fix for this. @WitchOnaRampage - we'll need to mirror the recipes that the cauldron can make and grant it to Level 1 Alchemist.

@mung3r unless you can think of a better way to handle the outcome of the Cauldron-Skill with the Recipe Restrictions.

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I'll look into this bug on test. I assume the config on test is the same as production, right @Kainzo ?

Thanks guys, for reporting these issues.