• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Casters

HollowSith

Diamond
Bolt to Creeper explosion Damage. 40 or just lower the cool down to 8 seconds. So people with Iron armour and up don't chase us for 7 hours while we miss our fireball shots due to lagg 30 times over ;)

I know most of you are like WOOOO 40 damage!! Fuck that! That's OP! -.-"

But when you try to fight a dreadknight or pally.. Which has good armour, and then they have it enchanted to where fireballs don't really effect them. The only real moves you have are bolt/mega bolt and pulse. Each with a huge cool down. The fight will just be, purely defensive on the caster side. Running and screaming. We need an attack or two to throw warriors off our tail besides root. (For the record I HATE root. No class should have it. Should be changed with a slowing Ice attack). So bolt is one of my favourite attacks, ever. Could the cool down be changed to a lower number? Or the damage be upped?

After all, typically. Mages are strong as hell, but can't defend for worth shit. Give them a nuke or two to get them back in the fight.

Reactions: Bay

HollowSith

Diamond
Casters aren't suppose to 'defend' - they're squishy and their damage output is their survival.

That's my point! The damage isn't enough for survival. Bolt should be increased damage to kreeper damage, 40. Or the cool down lowered to 8 seconds so mages can still be more or less feared. Typical thinking atm, is oh, he's just a mage, get him. Then the fight will take an hour to complete if both players are good. Mage will withdraw and shoot, while the warrior tanks and pursues.

Honestly damage increase AND a cool down decrease would be great on bolt/ pulse. But If anything a cool down decrease or damage increase on bolt would probably be good. Of course that's just my opinion, and half the rest of the server xD Ask people and they'll say casters are shit right now. I'm playing wizzy, I think for Wizard, bolt would be a good start to buff. Maybe even give it a long range for using, but now I'm just asking for to much :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
About how much range does Bolt have currently, Kyza? I hope it's at least distant mid-range. But even if we disregard that:

Fireball: 11 mana, 22 HP + fire, 1 second cd
Bolt: 30 mana, 30 HP 12 seconds cd.

The only thing Bolt has going for it is it's quick delivery and the flashy lightning effect. It could make a good finisher if it was stronger, but especially with armor jerking everybody around I don't think current Bolt will cut the mustard.

Bringing Bolt back up to 50 damage like it was before it's initial nerf would definitely make Wizard a high-damage class.

Cracksz

Stone
I think its silly that armour can* protect against magic, how does a little piece of metal protect from a fireball or a lightening strike. Surely the fire would cook them alive and the lightening be amplified by the conductivity of the metal.

Armour is there to protect from physical strikes not the arcane

edit spelling

Demonxman

Obsidian
I think its silly that armour cant protect against magic, how does a little piece of metal protect from a fireballs or a lightening strike. Surely the fire would cook them alive and the lightening be amplified by the conductivity of the metal.

I agree 100%. In most game warrior type classes are always weak as shit to magic and although this isn't like most games I think it should be 150% effective tbh.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I think its silly that armour can protect against magic, how does a little piece of metal protect from a fireballs or a lightening strike. Surely the fire would cook them alive and the lightening be amplified by the conductivity of the metal.

Fix'd

Fade0120

Legacy Supporter 4
I would say no on these one one fire ball does 4 hearts to me with out the ticks from fire, as a level ten thief which is quite powerful I would say, its hard to land but if it does it hurts.

HollowSith

Diamond
:( if only it were that simple.... how about... all casters get chainmail as a spec?

This would be cool, but still, casters are supposed to be "squishy". I'd rather the damage increased (preferred) , or cool downs decreased.

I would say no on these one one fire ball does 4 hearts to me with out the ticks from fire, as a level ten thief which is quite powerful I would say, its hard to land but if it does it hurts.

Thieve's are also squishy! Your supposed to be a stealthy class. Your job is to sneak up and gank'em in the back before they have time to counter.

About how much range does Bolt have currently, Kyza? I hope it's at least distant mid-range. But even if we disregard that:

Fireball: 11 mana, 22 HP + fire, 1 second cd
Bolt: 30 mana, 30 HP 12 seconds cd.

The only thing Bolt has going for it is it's quick delivery and the flashy lightning effect. It could make a good finisher if it was stronger, but especially with armor jerking everybody around I don't think current Bolt will cut the mustard.

Bringing Bolt back up to 50 damage like it was before it's initial nerf would definitely make Wizard a high-damage class.

Yeah, I would at least like it to do kreeper amount of damage. 40 would be nice, 50 would be perfect. Put Wizard back in the game as a strong damage dealer. Though you could keep it the same strength if there was a way to nerf armour, or make the damage get passed the armour. Though, kainzos response gives me the impression that there is simply no way around it. A buff is probably the only way to go.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I've been playing wiz since zeal and I must say, dmg is too weak.
You'll never have that last pice of firepower to finish that last chunk of health, your man skill isn't fireball or bolt. But root and blink(wonder why..), and you would get stomped on unless you are in water.

But still, I like the utility :)

And btw.. Casters have 1 dmg spell until they spec, how derpy isn't that >.<

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Fireball is pretty sufficient for base Caster, I think. I've never seen anybody actually use Telekinesis.