• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Caster nerf.

I'm suggesting that Casters get a cheap regent for all their skills. Something simple like a flower maybe. Or even beter, Maybe a semi expensive item that you just need for casting. Like an stone hoe for fireball. An iron hoe for root or icy aura or web. Maybe a diamond/gold hoe for bolt/flame shield/plague. It's just an idea because how it is right now is any caster with imp chat can go around killing someone and all they need is food. Even then they do massive damage to you. (wizard 71+fire ticks) not sure on other classes but they do massive damage without items. All other classes have to use items to kill people. (warriors need armor and weapon) (rangers need arrows) it really bugs me when i kill a caster spec and i get something like 10 melons. It seems pretty unfair that rangers for example have to spend 10c on arrows 20c about for armor a bow and food. Overall it's more of a balance for them as they lose nothing when they die.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm suggesting that Casters get a cheap regent for all their skills. Something simple like a flower maybe. Or even beter, Maybe a semi expensive item that you just need for casting. Like an stone hoe for fireball. An iron hoe for root or icy aura or web. Maybe a diamond/gold hoe for bolt/flame shield/plague. It's just an idea because how it is right now is any caster with imp chat can go around killing someone and all they need is food. Even then they do massive damage to you. (wizard 71+fire ticks) not sure on other classes but they do massive damage without items. All other classes have to use items to kill people. (warriors need armor and weapon) (rangers need arrows) it really bugs me when i kill a caster spec and i get something like 10 melons. It seems pretty unfair that rangers for example have to spend 10c on arrows 20c about for armor a bow and food. Overall it's more of a balance for them as they lose nothing when they die.

This was talked about by the balance team but don't get your hopes up.

No way should casters require a regent for EVERY skill. However some their big skills will, so they can't just walk out of the GY killing everyone. If low level, regent-less skills are killing you, or someone else. Then they need to get better.

Casters have no HP for a reason.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Master wizards have 90 health. That not "No HP"

That's 9 melee hits from a samurai, and Samies have other skills that help them out in PVP too.

There's a difference between something being overpowered and people just not using the proper counterpicked classes.

In no way should any class be completely unable to beat another, it should just be harder. So Kainzo says anyway. If we are going to nerf casters we risk crippling them. The opposite side (underpowered melee IMO) needs to be considered. If we completely enable melee to do really well, range classes will not be an option. Right now things tilt towards range BUT it's not that bad. It could be much worse.

Digger360

Obsidian
Actually. It couldn't. Caster classes have MORE Armour than ANY other class, since it strikes though all armors, and a class like a sam will never even get close.

Even if the sam or ninja ambushes, the caster can just Root/Icy aura, Blink, Piggify, or deepfreeze his way out. None of these skills require skill, but they instantly shut down any melee class. (Fireball is a speed de-buff in it'self, Thanks to flame knockback)

I think you need to do some world PvP, from aspects of all classes, before you make any judgement.

Simply type in *Nerf* In the forums search tab, and you'll find almost a dozen Caster nerf related topics. We NEED a nerf!

Besides, No class can survive 9 fireball! Hell, No class can survive SIX fireballs! Considering its harder for a rogue/sam to get in, and a caster can simply halt enemy movements with rooting, than obliterate them with a combo.

Demonxman

Obsidian
lol.... if you cant get to a caster when you're a melee type spec then you don't know how to play your class, use speed potions and other items to get to casters.... most of our 'root' type skills have long cds so yea...

Digger360

Obsidian
Whats stopping the CASTER class from using a speed potion? Than casters are even MORE invincible.

But half the dispute is that casters need ZERO items (Food perhaps) to be just as deadly as a fully geared up warrior/rogue. Classes should be on the same scale, Warriors shouldn't be required to use even MORE items to overcome imbalance.

Your average warrior risks 9+ diamonds per engagement, and it's required to fight rogues. Casters risk dirt. Casters have nothing to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Actually. It couldn't. Caster classes have MORE Armour than ANY other class, since it strikes though all armors, and a class like a sam will never even get close.
This is wrong. Casters do not actually have more armor. They have to worry about other Casters too.

Even if the sam or ninja ambushes, the caster can just Root/Icy aura, Blink, Piggify, or deepfreeze his way out. None of these skills require skill, but they instantly shut down any melee class. (Fireball is a speed de-buff in it'self, Thanks to flame knockback)
Define "skill". Melee attacks don't require skill, it's point and click. Heck, you're spamming the attack button, hoping for hits. Buffs don't require skill, you just activate them and they're activated. To get a kill a Caster generally needs to use fireball, which needs to be aimed to account for distance as well as lag unless the other guy is slowed somehow.

I do have issues with the punch you take from fire damage, that's a pain.

I think you need to do some world PvP, from aspects of all classes, before you make any judgement.
Point me to people who have that qualification.

Simply type in *Nerf* In the forums search tab, and you'll find almost a dozen Caster nerf related topics. We NEED a nerf!
You want a nerf. There are changes I would like to see implemented, including making a weapon of choice actually useful, but I don't think this warrants so much consternation.

Besides, No class can survive 9 fireball! Hell, No class can survive SIX fireballs! Considering its harder for a rogue/sam to get in, and a caster can simply halt enemy movements with rooting, than obliterate them with a combo.
There's no cooldown on melee attacks that do 14 damage per hit! They can just get in your face and bam, you die. Nerf it! Point is, there's more tact to fighting than you're letting on. Who lets a Caster just land 6 fireballs? Not to mention that our damage output is frequently impeded by rain and snow in world PvP.

The long and short of it is this: Don't freak out. Suggestions are good and we have people who will take that into consideration. Freaking out is pointless.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
This is wrong. Casters do not actually have more armor. They have to worry about other Casters too.

There's no cooldown on melee attacks that do 14 damage per hit! They can just get in your face and bam, you die. Nerf it! Point is, there's more tact to fighting than you're letting on. Who lets a Caster just land 6 fireballs? Not to mention that our damage output is frequently impeded by rain and snow in world PvP.
Wrong, packet timer counts how many hits you get and gives you invuln frames as needed. Its a 1-1.5 second cooldown.

Demonxman

Obsidian
bullshit, you can barely notice the '1-1.5 second invuln' that casters seemingly have.... ALSO casters fireball has a 2 second cd so basically you guys have a better 'skill'

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
But in those 2 secs, you can't forget about the fire ticks.
(I can't believe I'm getting in the middle of this.)

Digger360

Obsidian
No one "Lets" themselves get hit by 6 fireballs. It's impossible to avoid. With root, your unable to dodge, so at LEAST one fireball will strike. Than the caster can simply "Run back", Knockback makes the fireball'd move SLOWER, so it's even HARDER to dodge more fireballs. As casters move at the same speed as warriors, only with speed de-buffs, they can run endlessly. Nor can the warrior escape, root prevents this. Thats JUST with fireball. What about bolt? Pulse? Blink? Icy Aura?

Qualification? Sure. Talk to Kahzo, Gooscar, xxstriker, Chaosfusion, Lildevil888, They've all played though the eyes of both perspectives.

And daz, The topic dispute here is range vs. Melee classes The fact is a wizard with a leather cap has MORE armor than a fully armored pally. NOT "Casters do not actually have more armor. They have to worry about other Casters too."

Digger360

Obsidian
bullshit, you can barely notice the '1-1.5 second invuln' that casters seemingly have.... ALSO casters fireball has a 2 second cd so basically you guys have a better 'skill'

Does EVERY melee class have an attack that does 15 damage initial damage, from a range with a follow up DoT?
(DoT's have a slight slow side effect, thanks to knockback)

Why 6 fireballs? If a wizard uses root fireball bolt pulse replenish megabolt root fireball the person is dead no matter what. (115 damage+fire ticks) not to mention that after this they can run away and regen mana for another 24 damage with fire.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I think that Rogues should be buffed to combat casters. I don't think that casters should be nerfed to suit the rest of the paths. Considering Warrior vs. Caster (IMO) is pretty balanced (although I do like the simple reagant idea). But, I have to also take into account that being an alchemist, to crush casters as much as I can, I made 2 double chests of fire resistance potions (have a lot of extra magma creams as well).

The only thing that really bugs me in combat versus casters, is the fire getting in the way of my screen! I swear it's probably the thing that screws me up in PvP most! Damn obstruction of view is just a pain, and I feel like if I were on fire (hypothetically speaking) I wouldn't be blinded with flames... But that is simply a client issue, and I think simply changing texture packs may fix this somewhat.

Warriors are supposed to be well matched with Casters, and although I think sometimes they win TOO easy, I think that's how it's supposed to work in a combat triangle

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
But in those 2 secs, you can't forget about the fire ticks.
(I can't believe I'm getting in the middle of this.)
Nah. I'm here, what could go wrong? :p
Fire damage is something to take into consideration, but it's also circumstantial. Unless you're fighting in a desert or indoors, and sometimes not even then.

No one "Lets" themselves get hit by 6 fireballs. It's impossible to avoid. With root, your unable to dodge, so at LEAST one fireball will strike. Than the caster can simply "Run back", Knockback makes the fireball'd move SLOWER, so it's even HARDER to dodge more fireballs.
Impossible to avoid 6 fireballs. Impossible to avoid fire damage through rain or snow, or the ocean, or random fountains.

Gotcha.
As casters move at the same speed as warriors, only with speed de-buffs, they can run endlessly. Nor can the warrior escape, root prevents this. Thats JUST with fireball. What about bolt? Pulse? Blink? Icy Aura?
What about Smoke? Jump? Ice Arrow? Just arrows? EscapeArtist? Ninja have Bolt now too. What about Sneak? does anybody remember when Sneak was a major PvP advantage? What about the fact that Casters work off of mana, and if you pursue them long enough (I know it's possible, I've been pursued), they're sitting ducks who are just waiting for mana regen?

Qualification? Sure. Talk to Kahzo, Gooscar, xxstriker, Chaosfusion, Lildevil888, They've all played though the eyes of both perspectives
So they've done world PvP from the perspective of all classes, have they? Maybe we should have rephrased.

And daz, The topic dispute here is range vs. Melee classes The fact is a wizard with a leather cap has MORE armor than a fully armored pally. NOT "Casters do not actually have more armor. They have to worry about other Casters too."
A Wizard with a leather cap has more resistance to melee attacks than a fully armored Paladin has to spells. There's more to consider than what you're letting into the discussion. Casters fight Casters on a regular basis, and ranged classes include bow users (all two of them). Zoom out.

And digger, While we're talking about zooming out I don't want to forget the context of this whole discussion. The initial idea- reagents for Fireball- will not be happening. Aburrido's idea has... basically gone unnoticed... [EDIT, false now] and nothing pertaining to the original topic have been suggested since then. Honing back in on this little back-and-forth, you're as off-topic as I am. Seeing as you're more enthused about weakening Casters than I am, how about suggesting a change that you feel would help the balance of the game? I'll evaluate it from my own point of view. I won't even call your PvP credentials into question.

EDIT: I'll be, the thread is getting back on topic as I'm writing about pointing it out. Let's all do that instead.

Dazureus fire damage sometimes lasts for around 15 seconds and does around 3 1/2 hearts. Thats not even count toward there overall damage. They do a lot of damage while not having anything and lastly, The combat triangle is: Wizard>warrior>rouge>wizard.
Currently it's
Wizard>warrior>rogue<Wizard.
When I was playing as a ranger they could do around 8 hearts in seconds before i could even get a hit off. The only way to have a chance was to use potions. Now, as a paladin they seem to do far less damage but I can't even get close to them even with a speed potion as I'm rooted and on fire constantly with them blinking away. especialy since paladins use 17 diamonds and 9 iron for armor and this doesn't even matter with casters because it hits through armor. Another thing I thought of is: Skill damage=D Armor reduction=A
D/A + .5D So using bolt with 9 armor (paladin armor) 35/9 + 17.5
3.8 + 17.5 = 21.3 damage
Or with most casters and a few rogues/healers
35/3.5 + 17.5
10+17.5
27.5 damage

This basicaly reduces the caster classes damage through armor, they mostly hit through armor but it would be reduced.