• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Capital] Altum [31] [Neutral] - Recruiting

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
altum banner.png
Mayor: Kekosawr
SIC: 0xThoth
Banker: --

Council [1]
Staven88
Active Citizens [31]

1. alansirhc
  2. ArchAngel111
  3. Bkoch5
  4. BurKeYzZ
  5. CB
  6. darkjak202
  7. duh374
  8. dustinh11
  9. gman7066
  10. Gurgamesh
  11. Heine03
  12. jdesarno
  13. jelly22 (Apr 24)
  14. ka1margonar
  15. kenzowelsh
  16. KoolKoolaid
  17. leomessi1
  18. mickahoo
  19. nightwalker0
  20. nJorby
  21. Ochopika
  22. Pampita
  23. ricoro
  24. Scars_
  25. Shadoram
  26. shadowarch78
  27. Staven88 - manager
  28. TheBalrogKing
  29. TheSuperOstrich
  30. tigereye97
  31. TKB61798
  32. Yulioth

Allied Towns [2]
Doriath
R'lyeh

altum-thread.gif
Requirements to Join
Read this if you're interested in joining.
  • You have to have been on the server for a couple of days.
  • Be able to get on TeamSpeak. We use it frequently, we like to be able to talk to everyone. You don't have to be on all the time, but please be able to get on if we need you to.
  • Be capable of typing properly. If you can't spell, type in all caps a lot, spam and are generally annoying, you won't stay very long.
  • Be familiar with basic mechanics of the game:
    • Mini-map. Have a map or at least know how to get to coords.
    • Keybinds. Know how to use skills, key binds are superior to item binds.
    • Know basic commands on the server. Eg: /tell, /r, /hero whois, /town who, etc.
  • Read the Rules, know how to pay taxes, follow the Building Guidelines and how to protect your stuff.
altum-thread.gif
Current Projects
These projects are open to the public. If you'd like to help out with any of them, let us know!

Funds for Kingdom:
[ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ] 5%

• Finishing preparing the surface plots / terraforming [40% Complete]
  • Expanding the underground region [5% done]
  • Redoing the farms [50% done]
    • Lift room in the farm [99%] - Still need MASON to make Lifts.
    • Wheat Farm [100%]
    • Reed Farm [75%]
    • Tree Farm [0%]
    • Animal Farm [0%]
    • Melons & Pumpkins [10%]
  • IC triggered front gates
  • Designing a pattern for the glass ceiling
  • Demolishing the underground plots and moving people to the surface once plots are completed
altum-thread.gif

Rules
The rules are important, so please read them before applying! Check them before doing anything you're unsure about as well.
  • Respect your fellow citizens. Do not attack them, enter their houses without permission, or go through their chests. There is a no tolerance policy for stealing and you will be kicked from town immediately.
  • Do not attack or steal from citizens of R'lyeh and Doriath.
  • Sell gold to the mayor exclusively to help the town financially. If you are selling gold to anyone from outside the town (including people from R'lyeh and Doriath), you will be kicked from town.
  • Keep your chests blocked on top so raiders can't get in them. Don't unblock chests that aren't yours. If a door's blocked, keep it blocked. Wizards can now legally Enderpearl through 1x1 holes. Anyone who leaves a gap allowing a wizard entry into the town will be kicked if there is a significant loss.
  • Defend the town when needed.
  • Your house must look realistic. See Building Guidelines section below.
  • Do not build outside of your plot. Do not build anywhere in or nearby the town without permission.
  • Do not mine within 250 blocks of the city.
  • Taxes must be paid weekly. See Taxes section below.
    • If you miss paying taxes for 3 weeks, you will be removed.
    • Notify us if you're planning to be away for a prolonged period.
  • Mayor and SIC should have access to all door LWCs within the town.
  • Type properly in the chat. Don't be annoying in-game or in TeamSpeak, we'll kick you out of chat.
  • Do not cut down trees in or around the town; use the tree farm. Any cut trees outside the walls will be reported.
Any members found violating the rules will be warned. If you are consistently breaking the rules after several warnings, you will be removed.

altum-thread.gif
Application
IGN:
When did you join HeroCraft?
Can you use TeamSpeak?
Do you use Spout or have Rei's + Imp chat?

How did you hear about Altum?
(Quick blurb here)
Current class and profession? If you are unspecced, what do you plan to choose?
(Class info here)
What can you contribute to Altum? Why should you be accepted?
(Tell us why here)
Were you in any previous towns? If so, why did you change to Altum?
(Tell us why here)
Additional information relevant to your application?
(Tell us about yourself)
Post pictures of previous Minecraft builds:
Please read the rules before applying. We like to make sure our members are mature, so your application will be judged on how well it's written, as well as the effort you put into formatting it. Proper spelling and syntax counts! And if it's easy to read, even better!
It really helps your application if you can provide pictures of your builds and if you can use TeamSpeak we'd appreciate it. We communicate a lot through TS3, so even if you could at least listen, that'd be great!

altum-thread.gif
Taxes

You must pay your taxes weekly to be considered an active member. All underground plots cost 50c to purchase* and have a weekly tax of 30c. You will pay taxes using a chest shop beside your plot that should say the following:
Kekosawr
B 30
Wool:11

Buying one blue wool is payment for one week of rent and must be paid by Sunday. Every 2 weeks I will add 2 wool to your chest on Sunday. There's a list of due dates in the underground housing, your rent must be paid by the due dates. If you don't pay for 2 consecutive weeks you will be warned and after 3 weeks of unpaid rent you will be removed from town.

* You can set up your house right away, just pay this to me when you can afford it. It costs me 50c to set up a chest shop so that's why this fee is there.

Payment #1: Week of 5/4
Paid: @Lastivity

Payment #2: Week of 5/11
BOTca.png

Payment #3: Week of 5/18
1EJDi.png

Payment #4: Week of 5/25
3lQ3E.jpg

Payment #5: Week of 6/1
1lLYa.jpg

Payment #6: Week of 6/11
paid-week-6-11-png.3818

Payment #7: Week of 6/18
6CIRj.png

Payment #8: Week of 6/25
wmOAw.png

Payment #9: Week of 7/2
9V2ES.png

Payment #10: Week of 7/9
OmHPV.png

Payment #11: Week of 7/16
gRIeC.png

Payment #12: Week of 7/23
iwj7G.png

Payment #13: Week of 7/30
QZ4dk.png

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
Photo Gallery
Here are pictures of Altum and other related builds around the server!

Our front gates
2012-03-03_12.28.45.png
altum-thread.gif
Building Guidelines
Here are some guidelines for building your house.

• Your house must look realistic.
    • No floating bits, weird stuff with fire or lava, etc.
  • Put your name on a sign in front of your house.
  • Don't make a cube house.
    • No flat roofs.
  • Light up your roof so mobs don't spawn on top.
  • Don't built your entire house out of cobble.
  • Illegal blocks: Netherrack, dirt, gravel, sand, soulsand, fire, etc. No ugly blocks.
  • Do not build outside of your plot. Especially do not tunnel out from your basement. If you mine from your basement you'll be taken off regions.
  • The Mayor and SIC have the right to ask you to change any parts of your house that need to be improved.
Please follow these guidelines before building your house! We have standards to make sure our town looks nice. If you're not sure about something or need help, just ask!

altum-thread.gif

Protecting Your Stuff
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION if you want to avoid losing your valuables!

• Always keep a block over your chests so that they cannot be opened.
  • LWC your chests when you can afford one. It costs 500c to protect your chest and it is fully refundable. Type /cprivate and hit the chest to protect it. To remove protection type /cremove and hit it and you will be refunded your money.
    • Ask Kekosawr or 0xThoth to set you up a temporary LWC. We are both tier 4 donors and you only have to pay us 300c. Once you have an extra 200c, we'll refund you the 300c so you can make your own LWC.
  • Block all entrances into your home. Block 1x1 holes to prevent wizards from being able to enter them.
  • If someone steals from you:
    • Tell Kekosawr or 0xThoth.
    • Make sure that it could not be legally accessed by a raider.
    • If the chest was covered with a block, that means it had to have been stolen by someone in the town. This is against server rules and a bannable offense, and the mods can tell me who stole from you. They will be kicked from the town immediately.
If you don't block your chests, there's really not much we can do for you, so you have to take responsibility for your own items and protect them accordingly. Please follow this guide and make a habit of always checking that your items are safe before logging off!

altum-thread.gif

Making Money
Here are some ways to make money!

• Vote for the server daily! http://tiny.cc/hco1 http://tiny.cc/hco2 http://tiny.cc/hco3 - You can get 15c per day for voting.
  • Mining. I buy gold ingots in the town hall for 8c each. Remember to sell your gold to me as part of the rules; this is to raise money for the city.
    • Warshard is the mining map. We can go on mining trips together as a group for safety.
  • Mob Arenas. You can get prizes for doing MAs, including gold nuggets and ingots. I have gold nugget shops near the MAs where you can sell your gold to me.
  • I may add in special jobs around the town, such as clearing land or tearing down abandoned homes and filling in their basements. I'll update this when I add job postings later on.

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
IGN:
When did you join HeroCraft?About 2 months ago i think i been innactive for a long time
Can you use TeamSpeak?When i buy a new mic

How did you hear about Altum (References)?Beasttreccon he is in doriath and a guy in re chat told me to join
Current class and profession? If you are unspecced, what do you plan to choose?Mage & crafter
What can you contribute to Altum? Why should you be accepted? I can help getting materials and building
Were you in any previous towns? If so, why did you change to Altum? Unholy, it died
Additional information relevant to your application?I am from spain so my english is not 100% perfect
Post pictures of any builds you are proud of:
2012-06-17_01.39.30.png

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN:
When did you join HeroCraft?About 2 months ago i think i been innactive for a long time
Can you use TeamSpeak?When i buy a new mic

How did you hear about Altum (References)?Beasttreccon he is in doriath and a guy in re chat told me to join
Current class and profession? If you are unspecced, what do you plan to choose?Mage & crafter
What can you contribute to Altum? Why should you be accepted? I can help getting materials and building
Were you in any previous towns? If so, why did you change to Altum? Unholy, it died
Additional information relevant to your application?I am from spain so my english is not 100% perfect
View attachment 3856

Thanks for the application, it's approved.

Welcome to Altum. :)

Gman7066

TNT
IGN: Gman7066
When did you join HeroCraft?: I joined HeroCraft on July 31, 2011. It has almost been a year ^-^
Can you use TeamSpeak?: I have a really bad microphone on my laptop but I can listen to conversations.

How did you hear about Altum (References)?
I was asking around on RE if anyone was recruiting and someone (I am sorry I forgot his name) linked me to this thread.
I am a warrior/crafter. I am planning on choosing to be a Paladin and Alchemist when I reach level 30.
Even though I am not a great builder am a good team player. Since I am being a paladin I can heal other members within my party.
I am not poor so I can provide the required taxes as instructed.
If we ever have any conflicts with surrounding cities, I am a good pvp'er as well.
I was in a town before the map reset but that is just about it.
Even though I am not a great builder I still can build structures that will not look sloppy and disorganized.
I am a straight A student that likes to help people and is willing to dedicate more than 5 hours a day to be on the server.
This is irrelevant to my application but I have A.D.D and take pills for it lol.
I'm not to proud of most of my buildings ^-^ so I do not have many screen-shots of them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yulioth

Dirt
IGN: Yulioth
When did you join HeroCraft? A couple of days ago or so.
Can you use TeamSpeak? Yes

In game while playing hero craft
warrior, crafter. going to be speccing into samurai
I'm an active player as I make my own hours for work. Easy going personality.
Nope haven't joined any yet.
I'm from Toronto Ontario Canada. If that means anything.

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN: Gman7066
When did you join HeroCraft?: I joined HeroCraft on July 31, 2011. It has almost been a year ^-^
Can you use TeamSpeak?: I have a really bad microphone on my laptop but I can listen to conversations.

I was asking around on RE if anyone was recruiting and someone (I am sorry I forgot his name) linked me to this thread.
I am a warrior/crafter. I am planning on choosing to be a Paladin and Alchemist when I reach level 30.
Even though I am not a great builder am a good team player. Since I am being a paladin I can heal other members within my party.
I am not poor so I can provide the required taxes as instructed.
If we ever have any conflicts with surrounding cities, I am a good pvp'er as well.
I was in a town before the map reset but that is just about it.
Even though I am not a great builder I still can build structures that will not look sloppy and disorganized.
I am a straight A student that likes to help people and is willing to dedicate more than 5 hours a day to be on the server.
This is irrelevant to my application but I have A.D.D and take pills for it lol.
I'm not to proud of most of my buildings ^-^ so I do not have many screen-shots of them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the app, it's approved.

As long as your house looks fine, that's all that matters. I'll let you know if anything should be changed (like using bricks instead of cobble =P )

IGN: Yulioth
When did you join HeroCraft? A couple of days ago or so.
Can you use TeamSpeak? Yes

In game while playing hero craft
warrior, crafter. going to be speccing into samurai
I'm an active player as I make my own hours for work. Easy going personality.
Nope haven't joined any yet.
I'm from Toronto Ontario Canada. If that means anything.
Great to know you're an active player, your app is approved.

And a fellow Canadian. =p

IGN:dragonsimon2
When did you join HeroCraft? 3 days ago
Can you use TeamSpeak? I can but i would rather not

from eagles90809
Caster, Crafter
I can build, hunt, and i can be a merchant
No
I would really like to be part of a community and be a good citizen and i have been playing like alot in the past few days

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN:dragonsimon2
When did you join HeroCraft? 3 days ago
Can you use TeamSpeak? I can but i would rather not

from eagles90809
Caster, Crafter
I can build, hunt, and i can be a merchant
No
I would really like to be part of a community and be a good citizen and i have been playing like alot in the past few days

Which spec do you plan to choose after Caster and which profession? If you have any pics of builds to post later, that'd be appreciated.

Otherwise, app is approved, welcome to Altum. :)

Which spec do you plan to choose after Caster and which profession? If you have any pics of builds to post later, that'd be appreciated.

Otherwise, app is approved, welcome to Altum. :)
Thanks im going to be a wizard and idk about the profession yet

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
@Arcadia - this is the new thread, sorry. need a mod to close the old thread.
IGN? tigereye97
When did you join HeroCraft? June 16, 2012
How did you hear about Altum (refrences)? Kekosawr messaged me referring me to the city :)
What path and profession have you selected or plan to select (include current paths and levels)? Rogue (plan to select Ranger) and I plan to select Miner as a Spec.
What can you contribute to Altum, why should you be accepted? I am pretty active, anymore Minecraft is all I do. So no doubt I will probably contribute to the city (and be proud to) over time. Mining is my thing and I don't ever get bored of it, if that would mean anything.
Previous towns (list all and why you are moving [other than our superiority])? None
Can you use TeamSpeak? I could, but I do not have it. If it is needed I will definitely get it :)
Additional information pertaining to your application? I am pretty responsible considering I own my own server and I know what it's like to have to control a bunch of people and their wrongs if any. So, you should not expect anything wrong of me.

I made the application a bit easier to read for you :)
If you want me to add more to my application I will do. If its not good enough its because I made this application at 4 AM (thus proving my activity) and I really can not think haha.
Great to see you're active, sounds like you'd be a nice addition. Ranger's a good class and you can track people, so that'd be helpful.

If you're able to get on Teamspeak, it'd be great if you get on with us.

Application approved. Message me or 0xThoth in-game to add you to town.

Zexzeon

Dirt
IGN:Zexzeon
When did you join HeroCraft? about 2 hours ago
Can you use TeamSpeak? yes.

Kekosawr asked if i waned to join
Rogue/Ranger
Building and my bow!
no
I cant spell very well.
eh. i never took screen shots. ahah

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN:Zexzeon
When did you join HeroCraft? about 2 hours ago

Kekosawr asked if i waned to join
Rogue/Ranger
Building and my bow!
no
I cant spell very well.
eh. i never took screen shots. ahah
Alright, thanks for the app, it looks fine so it's approved. :)

mickahoo

Dirt
IGN:mickahoo
When did you join HeroCraft? couple of days ago

in game
healer and crafter will be specing cleric and farmer
willing to do menial tasks like mining and farming and decent at pvp
nope
friend of yulioth

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN:mickahoo
When did you join HeroCraft? couple of days ago

in game
healer and crafter will be specing cleric and farmer
willing to do menial tasks like mining and farming and decent at pvp
nope
friend of yulioth
Cleric is awesome, that's a great class to go with.
Nice to see yulioth brought a friend. App approved, welcome to Altum. :D