• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Can name pop up while you are sneaking?

Ninjasofii

Gold
Like the title suggests is it possible, or does someone have a skill that allows you to still see a person's name while they are sneaking? I am confused on how I was found as I was tunneling in dirt while sneaking(the skill and crouching).

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
No, the name is hidden when you use the skill sneak or sneak manually.
It is likely that someone tracked you or bought a track on you (many level 10+ Ranger sell them) and thus knows your coordinates.

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
No. He can do it wherever he is; all he has to do is:
Code:
/skill track Ninjasofii
And he'll get x/y/z coordinates from a random block in a 50R area around you.
It also has only 2 minutes cooldown which allows a quick retrack on you.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Sometimes, if someone enters (or leaves and then enters) a chunk, a person sneaking through vanilla methods will appear to be standing normally and their name will be completely visible. I'm not sure if this happens with Rogue Sneaking (or if that's the cause: I don't know the cause, but it's something I've observed).

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I know an old bug with sneak was if you were in sneak (holding shift) for over 5 mins (how long the skill sneak used to last) it would unsneak you even though you are still holding shift.

Lil122j

Stone
Ive noticed sneak isn't very helpful. A few people I used it near it seems that if anything, it makes my name bigger instead of hiding it. Especially when I hide in a hole for 15 mins, then someone comes and stands right on top of me and says in shout, "I sense a disturbance".

agentjwall

Godly
Depending on how far underground you were, they might have heard you digging. It is also possible that they were illegally using an x-ray texture pack <.<