• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Can Bard Be too Strong?

Grandsoulking

Legacy Supporter 6
Its come to me that a bard in 1v1 or a team fight can be too strong. I thought a bard was suppose to be a support class but its delivering so much damage against its opponets. Have u ever seen a Lvl 60 Bard vs a Dragoon well the bard stuns and slows comepletely destroys the dragoon all because of Melodic Binding a skill that for 12 seconds adds a 75-70% movement speed reduction with a attack speed reduction. In combination with Void Song no class can truly beat a bard 1v1 or in a group without a healer as the silence combined with slow would make it impossible to get close or to even run away I feel as though the class needs a little skill reworking so that it fights the role of a support rather than a damage dealer in a fight.

Dragoon vs Bard- loses
Disciple vs Bard- loses
Paladin vs bard -loses
etc....

Tell me your opinions but my opinion will be I hate Melodic Binding

JacobBurkey

Portal
Why is it that so many people are complaining about classes lately... Bard is not OP, it's very well balanced and a good PvP support class. Also, when you say Dragoon, Disciple, and Paladin all lose against a bard, who are the people playing the classes? The people losing to the bard might just be really, and the bard may just be really good. Might I just add in, Melodic Bindings does not last 12 seconds, it lasts 6. It says its supposed to last 12, but I've tested it with other people and it only lasts 6. I don't really want to make a wall of text on this, but I'm just trying to say Bard is not OP.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Grandsoulking If you think Bard is too powerful and/or unbalanced, you could try come up with an idea how to balance it more. I see the "Suggestion" tag, but nothing suggested.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Its come to me that a bard in 1v1 or a team fight can be too strong. I thought a bard was suppose to be a support class but its delivering so much damage against its opponets. Have u ever seen a Lvl 60 Bard vs a Dragoon well the bard stuns and slows comepletely destroys the dragoon all because of Melodic Binding a skill that for 12 seconds adds a 75-70% movement speed reduction with a attack speed reduction. In combination with Void Song no class can truly beat a bard 1v1 or in a group without a healer as the silence combined with slow would make it impossible to get close or to even run away I feel as though the class needs a little skill reworking so that it fights the role of a support rather than a damage dealer in a fight.

Dragoon vs Bard- loses
Disciple vs Bard- loses
Paladin vs bard -loses
etc....

Tell me your opinions but my opinion will be I hate Melodic Binding
Disciple has Chakra and FlyingKick.
Melodic Binding doesn't slow attack speed.
Paladin should never lose to a bard, that is almost impossible seeing how they reduce also all the damage a bard deals with a disc, and they have crazy heals.
Void Song hardly even effects warrior classes so I don't see how that would be a problem.
Most classes are based on skill, and this tells me you are completely terrible.

PS
Everyone hates Melodic Bindings

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
just saying... bard doesn't heal, unless you count half a heart a 'heal' we use healingchorus to get out of CCs, DoTs, etc. We would just healingchorus to get out of your reckoning slow :rolleyes:
Oh shush. Thats actually the general unmastered paladin combo. It works for all classes except wizard and beguiler.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Bard's have always been decently powerful. It seems that you may have exaggerated their extent of power, though.

OysterbOy

Coal
any class can be op, clerics can heal non stop and disciples can run away and heal then come back attack then heal, also paladins have a skill that blocks all damage doesnt that sound op? ive seen level 11 casters own level 60 dreads, is all about the person who is playing the class.