• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Calling on veteran paladin's of HC!!

I'd like to get some advice on paladin PvP. Are there spells I should focus casting more whilst PvPing or ones that I should avoid using? Would also like to discuss what you think would be best for attribute distribution.

Discuss! Thank you in advance.

Boogeymen

TNT
spam left click and put all attributes on wisdom and ull own all classes pretty much and dont use skills in fights except 4 fireball and entanglezzZZz

Last edited:

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
You'll want to push your endurance up to 34 points so you can get full iron + diamond chest plate, I recommend pumping at least 18/19 into Wisdom for healing boosts and dumping the rest into strength and constitution, I haven't found the right mix yet. Always carry a shield around with you- it can't be taken from you when you're disarmed and the iron door does decent damage (better than your bare hands), and you can almost never go wrong with reckoning.

As a paladin, you're meant to be part of a team. When you are, bind intervene to one of the squishies, try to keep Holy Aura up (it also pushes away/damages undead! Very useful when hunting zombie hordes). Your heals will help others more than they'll help you, so good communication is key. As for what to bind... it's hard to say. Strike and Bash are both good. Bash if you're fighting mages/casters. Using Divine Stun when they're slowed from reckoning is also pretty useful.

Above all, keep moving. Don't make yourself an easy target for mages. You can use magic ward to lower damage from them, and you can reflect a lot of damage from things like bolt, so I recommend binding that to a shield when you get to that point.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm probably the longest running Paladin you're going to find on this server. :D

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Does shield reduce magic damage, or only phys damage?

Yup! In your earlier levels before shield reflect it's a good item to bind magic ward to as well. If you want to dampen magic damage, you should also probably spend more on constitution than strength, but that's a matter of play style.

Y

ytiggidmas

I'd like to get some advice on paladin PvP. Are there spells I should focus casting more whilst PvPing or ones that I should avoid using? Would also like to discuss what you think would be best for attribute distribution.

Discuss! Thank you in advance.
Focus on getting as much left clicks as possible, practice it until you hit 99.9% of clicks you try to. Preserve your stamina so you can sprint, you want to always be able to sprint(Exception: when a combo involves divinestun cause then you can get away with it). Don't let any of your attributes go past 32, and focus on endurance/wisdom. If you start to run low on mana save it by using stamina cost only skills, and when you're low on both stick to Very agressive strafe-attacking, and don't use any skills that you can't afford to. Use any advantage you can, (I love pinning people to walls with an autoattack+strike combination).

I don't think anyone has matched my 1v1 Paladin, so apply yourself, and you should be fine.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Focus on getting as much left clicks as possible, practice it until you hit 99.9% of clicks you try to. Preserve your stamina so you can sprint, you want to always be able to sprint(Exception: when a combo involves divinestun cause then you can get away with it). Don't let any of your attributes go past 32, and focus on endurance/wisdom. If you start to run low on mana save it by using stamina cost only skills, and when you're low on both stick to Very agressive strafe-attacking, and don't use any skills that you can't afford to. Use any advantage you can, (I love pinning people to walls with an autoattack+strike combination).

I don't think anyone has matched my 1v1 Paladin, so apply yourself, and you should be fine.

For the most part some great advice- but isn't that endurance too low to use the classic paladin armor combo for fantastic damage reduction?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

Paladin is completely different this map but this is a paladin clip I have on youtube. Divine Stun caster holy strike gg and FA Sword