• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Build A Nexus

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, I know the title sounds crazy but hear me out.

There is an area in spawn that is wasted space. This area here:

abZWEVU.png

This is NOT the trade district, this is the area NEXT TO the trade district which is mirrored and has the same buildings. None of these buildings are for sale, and nothing can be rented. In fact many of the shops can't be entered in the first place.

RgpNldm.png

r7uP1Cr.png

dOWHBlS.png

QZrkizh.png

Why do we need a Nexus?

To add more dungeons! With a centralized place for portals we can have a single destination that many people travel to. I have a couple of suggestions of what these portals could be used for:

• New, instanced dungeons! We can have new endgame dungeons, perhaps the existing dungeon bosses can drop an item that permits entry to these?
  • Walk into test, event, creative. The commands are probably the best way but it would be nice to walk in to event for roleplay and immersion reasons
  • A free townspawn. If this isn't ok, please consider the rest of my suggestions. But i think there should be a portal at the nexus that takes you to your town's townspawn for no coin cost. The skill townspawn that can be used anywhere should still cost money of course. Perhaps this could be a donor perk?
  • The portal to the no pvp dungeon could be relocated here. The portal at the top of spawn can remain the universal arrival point for portals back to spawn

tl;dr
The dummy trade district next to the actual trade district is a waste of space and a nexus would make more sense and it could centralize travel to new and instanced dungeons, streamline access to creative/event/survival, and maybe as a donor perk provide free townspawn for those already in spawn rather than paying 25c for a second recall.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I built spawn;

I was told to make shops in every corner but refrained from that and just put shops in 2 quarters. The building used for conquest capture I actually built as the nexus but no one put the portals in it and was turned into a capture point.

ps. that spawn is mint as fuck

*disappears*

I built spawn;

I was told to make shops in every corner but refrained from that and just put shops in 2 quarters. The building used for conquest capture I actually built as the nexus but no one put the portals in it and was turned into a capture point.

ps. that spawn is mint as fuck

*disappears*
What a god.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Agreed it's currently a dead area - it's not looking like we need to expand the Trade District into a second quarter.

Personally, I'm not seeing the need for a Nexus.

However I am curious what else that quarter could be used for...?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
After October I wanna look into Dungeons.
@xexorian is also working on some Dungeon content.
Instances are wanted, though I don't think they're viable ATM due to crashes, not positive, Xexo can chime in if he wants.

A Nexus would be nice, with better HG's (Make the old HD's Spawn Pits again, the old pits are still underneath), a portal to the Tut Dungeon, and a portal to the Nether.
I don't think we should have a townspawn, just cause we already have plenty of ways to get to/from places like that (Warp & Recall are enough, plus runestones, plus townspawn skill)