• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Bugged mobs w/ no player dmg/xp

superlode

Legacy Supporter 3
It seems that when a chunk unloads monsters in it will revert back to the lowest exp for said mob. I played a bit with it and can confirm that newly spawned mob were giving exp that they should give around spawn when they were located at around 2000 x. It seems to be cause by chunk unloading but can't confirm. @gabizou

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Can confirm, was in nether....with 150% boost was only receiving about 140-160 per pig far from spawn. Don't think its working as intended or broken period.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
yN6lXKz.png

It's being worked on.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It seems that when a chunk unloads monsters in it will revert back to the lowest exp for said mob. I played a bit with it and can confirm that newly spawned mob were giving exp that they should give around spawn when they were located at around 2000 x. It seems to be cause by chunk unloading but can't confirm. @gabizou
This is an issue with the scaling. It looks like unloading chunks and reloading them are making the mobs start at low exp - we're working on fixing this now.

@gabizou

Just to note:
This is not the design/intent - it is not working properly. Our bad.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Some mobs seem to be bugged at the moment. Possibly related to syncing issues or possibly mob scaling? (Not pointing fingers, just trying to be helpful)

Bugged mobs:
-Do not damage players
-Do not grant xp when killed
-Do not flag the player as in combat (can heal immediately. This is only 80% confirmed)

I'm also halfway certain that some mobs still cause damage, but do not give xp when killed. Other players have mentioned this as well.

This has been observed with skeletons, spiders, and zombies. There is some evidence that possibly relogging helps temporarily, which is why I think it could be a client sync issue. Not really confirmed though.

24 hours ago (~10pm PST) this was definitely not happening. I first noticed it when logging in this evening around 9pm PST. Only a couple other players seemed to be experiencing it. When I mentioned it in /ch o, a couple players could relate but I didn't get the impression it was happening universally. I'm using heromodpack, last updated about a week ago.

thanks!

spiralz

Obsidian
Several times tonight, I was fighting mobs (especially during exp boost), and I noticed I wasn't taking damage from mobs sometimes. Along with that, I received no exp. It was quite annoying going through combat with a mob or two and not being rewarded. I have no idea what the problem may be, but today is the first time it's happened. I appeared to be invincible to some mobs, then once in a while I wouldn't be and receive exp again, but then it just happens all over again.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Several times tonight, I was fighting mobs (especially during exp boost), and I noticed I wasn't taking damage from mobs sometimes. Along with that, I received no exp. It was quite annoying going through combat with a mob or two and not being rewarded. I have no idea what the problem may be, but today is the first time it's happened. I appeared to be invincible to some mobs, then once in a while I wouldn't be and receive exp again, but then it just happens all over again.
@gabizou

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Some mobs seem to be bugged at the moment. Possibly related to syncing issues or possibly mob scaling? (Not pointing fingers, just trying to be helpful)

Bugged mobs:
-Do not damage players
-Do not grant xp when killed
-Do not flag the player as in combat (can heal immediately. This is only 80% confirmed)

I'm also halfway certain that some mobs still cause damage, but do not give xp when killed. Other players have mentioned this as well.

This has been observed with skeletons, spiders, and zombies. There is some evidence that possibly relogging helps temporarily, which is why I think it could be a client sync issue. Not really confirmed though.

24 hours ago (~10pm PST) this was definitely not happening. I first noticed it when logging in this evening around 9pm PST. Only a couple other players seemed to be experiencing it. When I mentioned it in /ch o, a couple players could relate but I didn't get the impression it was happening universally. I'm using heromodpack, last updated about a week ago.

thanks!
We're looking into this. @unknownloner

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Its is pretty much resolved but every now and then you can find one

MyneSinder

Gold
Heya,

During the xp I bought the server 2 hours ago roughly( 3DEC 16:00 or so) while some mobs granted full xp(about 1 out of 6).. some had extremely low hp, did no damage, and so they granted no XP... it was mostly in the nether, but transitioned to overworld as well... it got better around the hour mark and was fine at 1:30 mark. I mentioned it chat too with no help or comment :(

Also we did move chunks and even tried to go back to previous chunks witht he same problem..

Felt like it was a big waste for me cause I paid........

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Heya,

During the xp I bought the server 2 hours ago roughly( 3DEC 16:00 or so) while some mobs granted full xp(about 1 out of 6).. some had extremely low hp, did no damage, and so they granted no XP... it was mostly in the nether, but transitioned to overworld as well... it got better around the hour mark and was fine at 1:30 mark. I mentioned it chat too with no help or comment :(

Also we did move chunks and even tried to go back to previous chunks witht he same problem..

Felt like it was a big waste for me cause I paid........
@gabizou / @unknownloner - seems to be even worse after latest Heroes was put in to "fix" the issue.

Can we get a look-see? I havent heard any other reports of this happening but we need to fix this soon.