• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Broken Wounded Man Quest

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
For over a week now, the Knight Edgar/Wounded Man chain has been broken for me. Might have something to do with Ficsur, as I stupidly wasted my "Fix" while I was still on the quest. It'd be nice to get this quest back, because I'm missing experience whenever I go to spawn.
W1vzD.png

2C7LN.png

The above is me right clicking, then left clicking, then saying "Yes" and "No" respectively.

@Danda

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ficsur would not fix this problem. You would be told about a "plague" if it was Ficsur related.

EDIT: I got Kainzo to send me the saves.yml file for the quests and This was caused by you. You spammed the NPC and it kicked you ontop a non existant step.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Danda Sorry, I'm not getting some of this.

What is spamming? Right clicking too many times? That's easy to do if you're impatient, or if you don't understand that you have to wait for the dialogue text to continue rather than clicking for responses. Or is it something else that people need to know they should avoid doing?

I'm asking this because I think I'm caught in the same trap. If you do make the mistake of clicking too many times, how can you restart the quest?

(I know I've asked about this in another thread, and as I said it will be a few days before I can test whether I can do the wounded man again.)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
When I refer to spamming I mean mass spamming the NPC either by left/right clicking or by spamming chat messages.
This will not make it go any faster due to the way I have built the scripts. Also generally after dialogue it requires a chat response so mass clicking the NPC isn't going to get you anywhere.

Also @leftovers5 I built a fix into the script for your problem. Just right click Edgar then he should start working as normal.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I think I've overdone the clicking in ignorance and that's what got me in trouble. This is something to flag for putting in the Wiki section on Quests, I reckon @Iarbobray . (Not my ignorance :p, the "clicking and needing to wait" bit.)

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I think I've overdone the clicking in ignorance and that's what got me in trouble. This is something to flag for putting in the Wiki section on Quests, I reckon @Iarbobray . (Not my ignorance :p, the "clicking and needing to wait" bit.)
I'll add that in as soon as installing Torchlight 2 stops making my internet crash.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
We should play together sometime :p
I JUST got it and I plan to play my first game with an irl friend.

Back on topic, my game has finished installing, so I'm going to add a warning section to the wiki.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
No, haven't tried it. I will tomorrow afternoon. I was going off your judgment, but I'll test tomorrow and we will see for sure. ;)
Cool let me know how it goes.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
A tough, this spamming issue can probbably also happened because multiple players are using the NPC.
I also got stuck on this quest as well as the postman.
I made sure not to click to fast, got the currently busy message 5 times or more. Both times there was a large group of players at the NPC. Since then both quest are dead for me.
I will try again tomorrow.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A tough, this spamming issue can probbably also happened because multiple players are using the NPC.
I also got stuck on this quest as well as the postman.
I made sure not to click to fast, got the currently busy message 5 times or more. Both times there was a large group of players at the NPC. Since then both quest are dead for me.
I will try again tomorrow.
No the scripts are run individually per player and do not interact with each other.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
But are they able to run at the same time?
Or do you have to wait for the other player to finish?
My point is, that you can spam the NPC even when you take it really slow.
Every player will click again after some time if the NPC response is " I'm busy"

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Every player will click again after some time if the NPC response is " I'm busy"
Oh yes. In order to stop other issues I had to Engage the NPC at the start of the script. While one player is Engaged with the NPC another player cannot interact with it.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
While one player is Engaged with the NPC another player cannot interact with it.

I guess this could be why, one time doing the Necro quest, I didn't seem to get the exp. The other player who came in and interacted with the NPC said he thought I just got it (don't know how he'd know this, except that he did) but I didn't ever get the message. The bones went.

There does seem to be a few things that players need to know for these quests to work for them - and for others! @Iarbobray, another thing to mention?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I guess this could be why, one time doing the Necro quest, I didn't seem to get the exp. The other player who came in and interacted with the NPC said he thought I just got it (don't know how he'd know this, except that he did) but I didn't ever get the message. The bones went.

There does seem to be a few things that players need to know for these quests to work for them - and for others! @Iarbobray, another thing to mention?
What you're describing isn't a possible situation. IF the other guy had a script running you would not have been able to activate yours