• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back max party size of 5!

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
This will probably be kinda long, skip to the TL;DR if you feel the need to

In the current state of the server, if you aren't rolling around in a party of 8-10, you're gonna have a bad time. You will stand no chance fighting or running if you end up seeing one of these parties, and because of this most town raiding and smaller group pvp is non-existent. In my opinion, it will be much healthier for the server to revert the max party size of 10 back to 5 as it was in a previous map. Please read the PROS and CONS before agreeing or disagreeing.

PROS
  • Newer players will be more interested since the server isn't dominated by the 1 or 2 giant parties simply out numbering everyone. These parties will kill anyone and everyone just to raise their KDR and when new players join and want to go PvP, they most likely won't have their own 10 person party to roam around with. They will typically go with 1-3 other people, lose horribly, and not want to play.
  • 10v10 isn't coordinated, at all. Let's say these giant parties actually do fight each other rather than killing the 2-3 people parties..the fights aren't interesting. They have no coordination other than "focus X he's almost dead" at the most, but let's be honest, you won't ever find X in that cluster fuck of players mindlessly spamming their AoE and left clicking at anything that moves.
  • More PvP. Kinda restating this one but this is the main point. 10 person parties offer nothing but the uncoordinated 10v10 fights or the 8-10 vs 1-4 fights, nether of which are very much fun and healthy for the server. If the max party size was back to 5, fights would take more skill and wouldn't rely on numbers so heavily since that is what determines almost all fights right now. There would be more parties rolling around the map since they would be ready for and expecting an equal fight.
  • Class diversity. We would see single target classes become more viable since they would be more effective in a 5v5 fight than they are in 10v10 fights. Classes that are more AoE oriented would still be a great pick, but they wouldn't be needed to make or break a fight.
CONS

• "Find players to play with and party up with". Party size of 5 may mean that players won't need to go and "socialize" and find a town to join and become apart of. However, this also means players may be more encouraged to join smaller towns since the PvP won't rely so heavily on numbers, and those towns will grow to close the gap between the huge towns and the small ones. This also means players won't be forced to join the biggest town just so they don't get rolled by a 10 person party. This could be a pro or a con depending on your opinion. It's a pro in my eyes but I labelled it as a con just because it's controversial.
  • Town raids will be much more difficult, if not impossible. Not sure about all the details on sapping towns or whatever to raid them, but doing so with a 5 person party would be very difficult against the big towns. Maybe the creation of an outpost can allow a bigger party for X amount of time? Who knows, I have no idea how that would work but it was the biggest con I could think of.
Please read the whole thing before agreeing or disagreeing, and if you disagree please state why a 10 person party is better for the server because I don't see many pros to that other than "epic battles XD"

TL;DR read it asshole

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
TL;SR

Basically listed all my thoughts on the subject besides:
More People= More Lag= :(

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
More people = more donations = kainzo upgrading to 128 GB. this is really all apart of my plan so keep that on the down low thanks ;)
Nah I'm talking about parties. 20 people popping off skills causes some considerable lag.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Last map people complained ad nauseum about party sizes being too small. This map no one is complaining(at least not about this topic, in HC there is always somebody complaining) Also there are many benefits to larger party sizes outside PvP. Large town leveling excursions that encourage people to join team speak often times interacting with players you wouldn't otherwise deal with. The ability for those who normally wouldn't get to level because they are building a town to join a large party and level as they build. I'm going to have to disagree with this suggestion.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
I feel that a 5 player limit on party sizes would be a really bad idea, epic 10v10 battles do require good coordination - focusing, healing priority, position - and fights are won and lost on coordination more so the level or skill difference. This is really fun, last map there was very little PVP - and I feel the 5v5 limit really influenced this. (Luckily Kain added the 10 player limit midway through.)

Furthermore I feel a 5v5 limit is really unfair for towns with more then 5 people, if you have to raid you can't bring the extra players because it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to coordinate between two or more parties, things like aoes will damage townies, aoe heals will not apply, you can't minitor everyone's health and make decisions about what to do. This is unfair for town officers to make decisions about who to drop from team fights and unfair on the players getting dropped - this happens last map and was not fun at all.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Even though I don't pvp with a group, I would hate having to leave out townies and tell someone "Well, we can only have 5 people and we are picking them over you because you suck"

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i dont care about party size per say, but would still love to see a reduction in the number and effect radius of aoe healing / damage abilities and more of a focus on single targetting / small radius (3-4 block) aoe effects. I would also love for "target <player name>" to be completely removed from all spells, both beneficial and harmful.

PBAOE effects in particular i think are especially dull when they can have 7+ block effect radius.

I can only assume this stuff is the way it is due to lag / self targetting beneficial spells being annoying, but there are lots of possible and simple solutions for the self targetting part at least. Lag, i dunno.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I personally don't care what the size is. From what I have seen on Herocraft, players tend to complain when things become harder to do which is just part of a persons nature. I do not believe 5 size parties were the biggest
reason for pvp being low.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Well I Haven't personally been attacked by a group of 5 and upwards but I do think it encourages players to actually look for towns and other people to join/ combine with. With that being said, I think the party sizes are good and reward people who actually get involved in big groups.

This will probably be kinda long, skip to the TL;DR if you feel the need to

In the current state of the server, if you aren't rolling around in a party of 8-10, you're gonna have a bad time. You will stand no chance fighting or running if you end up seeing one of these parties, and because of this most town raiding and smaller group pvp is non-existent. In my opinion, it will be much healthier for the server to revert the max party size of 10 back to 5 as it was in a previous map. Please read the PROS and CONS before agreeing or disagreeing.

PROS
  • Newer players will be more interested since the server isn't dominated by the 1 or 2 giant parties simply out numbering everyone. These parties will kill anyone and everyone just to raise their KDR and when new players join and want to go PvP, they most likely won't have their own 10 person party to roam around with. They will typically go with 1-3 other people, lose horribly, and not want to play.
  • 10v10 isn't coordinated, at all. Let's say these giant parties actually do fight each other rather than killing the 2-3 people parties..the fights aren't interesting. They have no coordination other than "focus X he's almost dead" at the most, but let's be honest, you won't ever find X in that cluster fuck of players mindlessly spamming their AoE and left clicking at anything that moves.
  • More PvP. Kinda restating this one but this is the main point. 10 person parties offer nothing but the uncoordinated 10v10 fights or the 8-10 vs 1-4 fights, nether of which are very much fun and healthy for the server. If the max party size was back to 5, fights would take more skill and wouldn't rely on numbers so heavily since that is what determines almost all fights right now. There would be more parties rolling around the map since they would be ready for and expecting an equal fight.
  • Class diversity. We would see single target classes become more viable since they would be more effective in a 5v5 fight than they are in 10v10 fights. Classes that are more AoE oriented would still be a great pick, but they wouldn't be needed to make or break a fight.
CONS

• "Find players to play with and party up with". Party size of 5 may mean that players won't need to go and "socialize" and find a town to join and become apart of. However, this also means players may be more encouraged to join smaller towns since the PvP won't rely so heavily on numbers, and those towns will grow to close the gap between the huge towns and the small ones. This also means players won't be forced to join the biggest town just so they don't get rolled by a 10 person party. This could be a pro or a con depending on your opinion. It's a pro in my eyes but I labelled it as a con just because it's controversial.
  • Town raids will be much more difficult, if not impossible. Not sure about all the details on sapping towns or whatever to raid them, but doing so with a 5 person party would be very difficult against the big towns. Maybe the creation of an outpost can allow a bigger party for X amount of time? Who knows, I have no idea how that would work but it was the biggest con I could think of.
Please read the whole thing before agreeing or disagreeing, and if you disagree please state why a 10 person party is better for the server because I don't see many pros to that other than "epic battles XD"

TL;DR read it asshole

This idea is bad, and you should feel bad.

Xhazed

Portal
Why would he provide his intelligence, is gangsta rely de5tr000y. This idea is bad i wouldnt waste the little intelligence i have in here

Thought I could rely on the forums for intelligent conversation on the subject, looks like you can't provide that
If people wanted 5v5's they would ask the group they were pvping for 5v5's, this is a dumb idea we had it last map and 99% of people disliked it, and now it's back to the way it used to be.