• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Not a Bug Breaking cocoa beans does not give XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a farmer, and breaking cocoa beans doesn't give any xp. Not sure if it is a bug though since i know different professions get xp for breaking different blocks, I have not tried this with lostsoul.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Exp from cocoa beans was removed in late 2013. I'm wondering why - whether this was a temporary move, or accidental. I'm also curious to know the reason behind it if it was in fact intended.

Exp from cocoa beans used to be 0.75.

Cocoa beans are a farmable item so it would be good to get exp from them.

Xhazed

Portal
Because you could just afk while holding right click and left click and it would give exp as soon as placed

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Because you could just afk while holding right click and left click and it would give exp as soon as placed
Blocks in Herocraft are coded in such a way that you don't get xp if the block has been broken recently, I'm sure the same could be done for cocoa beans.

Xhazed

Portal
Blocks in Herocraft are coded in such a way that you don't get xp if the block has been broken recently, I'm sure the same could be done for cocoa beans.
If i remember correctly there is no code or w.e it is for grown and none grown cocoa beans so that is why it doesnt work

Xhazed

Portal
It cant be done because the small cocoa beans a nd fully grown ones have the same code, idk if its still like that thats what i remember.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
its because cocoa beans are not items/blocks. they are considered a dye (which they are, like inksac:4 or something) and cannot be counted as "placed" so as soon as they were placed by the player, they were counted as natural blocks, like a growing melon. so yes, the exp was removed because u could afk and master farmer.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
its because cocoa beans are not items/blocks. they are considered a dye (which they are, like inksac:4 or something) and cannot be counted as "placed" so as soon as they were placed by the player, they were counted as natural blocks, like a growing melon. so yes, the exp was removed because u could afk and master farmer.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.