• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounty money loss when killed

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
I think it would be a better idea to make it impossible to place bounties and set it up so that when someone gets a 5 ki llstreak they get a 150c bounty, 10 killstreak they get a 300c bounty, 15 KS, 450c bounty, 20KS - 750c bounty, 25 KS - 1000c bounty and so on.

PewPewPewLasers recently got a 90 ks. How much money would that run him?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't particularly see a need for players to lose money in this at all tbh (Beside the player placing the bounty.)

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
No one even accepts huge bounties that I place on LO :/ bc they cost like 100c to accept and everyone is cheap

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I feel that this current system is terribly unfair to newer players and to players who tend to run solo either temporarily or for an extended period. My main reasoning for this is that, as Digger 360 pointed out, it is simply too easy for some players to circumvent. A player who has been on longer or has joined a town has a much greater chance of knowing someone they can trust, and in the event of a bounty, give all of their coin to in order to avoid the penalty. While investing all of your funds (i.e. buying gold) is also possible, it is a great deal more difficult for a newer player to do this and keep their resources safe due to the cost of an LWC being rather high for someone who is being hunted and killed instead of gathering funds and is additionally losing a portion of the funds that they have managed to collect from voting or otherwise. In the case of a rich player finding a newer player to be undesirable, players can theoretically keep other players from even reaching LWC indefinitely. I understand that it is already quite easy, between Track and Recall, for groups of players to detriment or destroy another player's Herocraft experience, but I feel that there should at least be a way for the player to trudge on through it and thrive economically.

That's the point of bounties - there is punishment for having one on you.
The player placing the bounty loses X money. The player that has a bounty on them that is 'claimed' loses x/2 money. The player who claims the bounty gains X-10%

This is a design intent.

There is punishment for being caught, and realistically that would be either jail time or death. The idea of hiring a bounty hunter to cause someone to lose money doesn't really make sense, at least to me. You may as well hire someone to steal from them directly.

But moving away from realistic expectations, there was always a punishment and that punishment was death. That being said, obviously death can have very different repercussions in Minecraft, depending on your current situation. I honestly disagree with having a bounty system at all in a world where death can be, quite frankly, meaningless. If you want someone to die and suffer from it then I'd imagine it would be wiser to contract a killer privately rather than announce your intent to the target publicly. While the automation of this current system is a cool concept, I suggest that the public bounty system be remade into a more personal hitman system. Since you guys can already detect a player's death and award it to the killer, I imagine it would be possible to allow a private transaction between two or more players that would be confirmed upon the death of the target. This would prevent the target from being warned ahead of time, and thus greatly increase the chances of dealing significant economic damage to the target upon their death. That being said, while I do believe it will increase the chances of economic damage, it will not guarantee this in the case of a player who simply happens to be carrying nothing at the time of their death. Another issue I see is that it will be more difficult to become a "Hitman" than it is now to become a "Bounty Hunter" due to the obviously public nature of bounties.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I feel that this current system is terribly unfair to newer players and to players who tend to run solo either temporarily or for an extended period. My main reasoning for this is that, as Digger 360 pointed out, it is simply too easy for some players to circumvent. A player who has been on longer or has joined a town has a much greater chance of knowing someone they can trust, and in the event of a bounty, give all of their coin to in order to avoid the penalty. While investing all of your funds (i.e. buying gold) is also possible, it is a great deal more difficult for a newer player to do this and keep their resources safe due to the cost of an LWC being rather high for someone who is being hunted and killed instead of gathering funds and is additionally losing a portion of the funds that they have managed to collect from voting or otherwise. In the case of a rich player finding a newer player to be undesirable, players can theoretically keep a player from even reaching LWC indefinitely. I understand that it is already quite easy, between Track and Recall, for groups of players to detriment or destroy another player's Herocraft experience, but I feel that there should at least be a way for the player to trudge on through it and thrive economically.

There is punishment for being caught, and realistically that would be either jail time or death. The idea of hiring a bounty hunter to cause someone to lose money doesn't really make sense, at least to me. You may as well hire someone to steal from them directly.

But moving away from realistic expectations, there was always a punishment and that punishment was death. That being said, obviously death can have very different repercussions in Minecraft, depending on your current situation. I honestly disagree with having a bounty system at all in a world where death can be, quite frankly, meaningless. If you want someone to die and suffer from it then I'd imagine it would be wiser to contract a killer privately rather than announce your intent to the target publicly. While the automation of this system is a cool concept, I suggest that the public bounty system be remade into a more personal hitman system. Since you guys can already detect a player's death and award it to the killer, I imagine it would be possible to allow a private transaction between two or more players that would be confirmed upon the death of the target. This would prevent the target from being warned ahead of time, and thus greatly increase the chances of dealing significant economic damage to the target upon their death. That being said, while I do believe it will increase the chances of economic damage, it will not guarantee this in the case of a player who simply happens to be carrying nothing at the time of their death. Another issue I see is that it will be more difficult to become a "Hitman" than it is now to become a "Bounty Hunter" due to the obviously public nature of bounties.
I think this is a flawless post and I would like to thank you for posting this.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
My thoughts on this is it's a pointless waste of time.
If an outrageous bounty is placed on any ally we can just transfer their money to a trusted friend and then lose the bounty and move the money back. This is really not adding anything to the game and I don't see why it's in the game if it's not adding anything of value and is just an annoyance.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
My thoughts on this is it's a pointless waste of time.
If an outrageous bounty is placed on any ally we can just transfer their money to a trusted friend and then lose the bounty and move the money back. This is really not adding anything to the game and I don't see why it's in the game if it's not adding anything of value and is just an annoyance.
I can't tell if you are talking shit about the idea or the suggestion or if you're talking shit at all...

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
With the current system this scenario is completely possible.

My group is hunting someone down. We see the target and place a bounty twice as high as his money. We all accept the bounty (there is no message when someone places a bounty on you to tell you it's you that's bountied.) We kill him, he loses all of his money we lose the initial fee with minimal ease.

I just don't see this being good for the game. He still loses everything he is hold and his head. Why does he have to lose all his money too?

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
With the current system this scenario is completely possible.

My group is hunting someone down. We see the target and place a bounty twice as high as his money. We all accept the bounty (there is no message when someone places a bounty on you to tell you it's you that's bountied.) We kill him, he loses all of his money we lose the initial fee with minimal ease.

I just don't see this being good for the game. He still loses everything he is hold and his head. Why does he have to lose all his money too?
I have actually seen this happen to sombody and he was like "WTF I DIDNT EVEN HAVE A BOUNTY" and then he died in under 5 seconds of the bounty being made