• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounties

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I have wondered why the bounty system doesn't work like this but...

Right now you put a bounty on someone - lets say Ezmac2099. He made me mad and I want him dead. Now he is out running around and someone claims the bounty and kills him and claims his head plus the bounty. Shouldn't the person paying the bounty get the head ? Thats why its called head hunting - you brought back the head to prove the kill.

I propose a change to the Bounty system. Most of it would work like normal, except whoever gets the head has to take it to spawn and turn it in to an NPC and then they get paid. The bounty owner (person who put the bounty on in the first place) can then go to spawn and collect the head.

What do you think ? Good idea ? Even possible to do ?

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
If this would be possible to do I 100% support it! This gives bounties a nice twist, you can keep the head, or get the money, your choice!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I have wondered why the bounty system doesn't work like this but...

Right now you put a bounty on someone - lets say Ezmac2099. He made me mad and I want him dead. Now he is out running around and someone claims the bounty and kills him and claims his head plus the bounty. Shouldn't the person paying the bounty get the head ? Thats why its called head hunting - you brought back the head to prove the kill.

I propose a change to the Bounty system. Most of it would work like normal, except whoever gets the head has to take it to spawn and turn it in to an NPC and then they get paid. The bounty owner (person who put the bounty on in the first place) can then go to spawn and collect the head.

What do you think ? Good idea ? Even possible to do ?
Excellent idea. And yeah, that EzMac2099 character gets on my nerves too.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly, this is how it should be done.

mung3r got time to do this? Make it so the owner can do a /claim bounty - to get the head after its been fulfilled.

EzMac2099

TNT
quote="xargun, post: 320267, member: 21504"]
[/quote]

Great concept Xargun! unfortunately said part is impossible :p

Kainzo I think it would also be great to implement a feature that stops players from claiming bounties in DM/BG/Col

leftovers5 <3 u 2

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I mean it makes sense for that to be how it is but it should be that the person who kills that person should receive the head and then if he wants to give it to the person who made the bounty he can and that person would give them the money after they recieved the head.

Don't know what type of system you would make that, but that's how it should be ultimately or heads would be a lot easier to claim for people that don't pvp and just farm all day cause they can just bounty everyone on the server for 250c each and claim so many heads without having to worry about dying cause they can just be in their base all day...

Kainzo am I right because I don't think a head should randomly spawn in your inventory after putting a bounty on someone?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Exactly Jack_Reacher

The system should be like if your within 5 blocks of the player you can cash in the head.

If you have gotten the head before the person who has made the bounty can cancel it then after a certain amount of time it would cancel, but the person who made the bounty can never cancel it unless no one has gotten the head/kill someone