• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Bottom half of chest inventories vanishing within a second.

Casey Jenkins

Glowing Redstone
Today in my town, Skyforge, in my enclosed in game house that I am positive no one was in (not that it would matter if they were as the items disappeared instantly and exactly halfway through the chest inventory) my chest that contained my gold, iron and diamonds suddenly lost half of it's inventory within a second. I had the chest opened, full of it's contents, quickly closed it and then reopened it because I had forgot something, and suddenly the bottom half was empty. I attempted relogging and then restarting minecraft, hoping this would fix the issue, but the items remained lost. I was rather disheartened but decided there wasn't much I could do as this seemed to be a very peculiar and rare bug that most likely didn't have a easy fix.

Around an hour or so later, however, the same event happened to me again while I was in my friend's in game house (who is also a member of Skyforge) borrowing some of his materials as mine were gone. Exactly how it happened earlier, I entered his chest, full as it should have been, closed it and reopened it to find the bottom half of the inventory empty, straight through the center. I then decided enough was enough and I should post a bug report.

I apologize for the somewhat lengthy text but I thought that a thorough explanation would hopefully prevent this from seeming like some post by someone hoping to get free items. I understand item compensation is not given out in herocraft, but as this happened twice I now fear that it may happen yet again., and do not think that I should have to be worried about losing my items to a seemingly inexplicable bug.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Like I said in game, open a petition at the chest stating it was an LWC and the contents were wiped. It will be assigned to Danda who will go through the logs ((Since I do not have that access yet! =P)).

Casey Jenkins

Glowing Redstone
Oh, I didn't think that was for me as the chests weren't LWC chests, I apologize, I thought you were helping someone else with another issue!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Nope and because it was not LWC'ed there is nothing we can do. I did show record of someone removing a few items here and there but it was not wide spread.

Casey Jenkins

Glowing Redstone
Could I petition the second chest? That one isn't lwc'd either however... I don't hope to get any sort of compensation I just don't want it to happen again.

Jakub

Stone
I could understand the "suck it up" mentality if we had been warned, however at this point it's just kind of frustrating because I don't feel like I should have to fear placing valuables in my protected and regioned chests. I would hope there's a least steps being taken to warn players or fix the bug so that players don't have to worry about this occurring. I just wish there was a way to be sure that my stuff won't disappear while we raise the necessary funds to LWC a chest.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
LWC chests are fully refunded, if you lost items in those chests - petition it and the chest will be rolled back to a date before they were wiped.

This isn't an issue with our code, it's an issue with the bukkit server and we are unable to fix it at this moment.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Just for the record this just happened to me this afternoon. I've already PE'd it but here's the details in case it helps solve any problems:

Chest was LWC'd (about a week old as an LWC).
I was in the chest, putting stuff in it. I clicked out on accident (mouse slipped) and when i clicked back in it the bottom 3 rows (double chest) were gone. I can move stuff in and out of those rows but the stuff that WAS in them has vanished.

Such an annoying bug. :(

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Again, for the record, happened to me today.

Have pe'd, its been assigned to danda, but since this was my "all Ranger lwc", with multiple perms, the chest will continue to be used while we wait for rollback :(

<3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Again, for the record, happened to me today.

Have pe'd, its been assigned to danda, but since this was my "all Ranger lwc", with multiple perms, the chest will continue to be used while we wait for rollback :(

<3
Use the chest as little as possible please.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Use the chest as little as possible please.

yes, i will, but there are 24ish people on it. what should I do?

edit: I will dirt block it ofc, just thought of that. However, that means that none of those people can access it either. Thanks staff for being there to help when bukkit is mean!

A

alexhoff1

I am quite interested in this.
I have had 6 chests do it on me now, for a fairly high cost too ):.

however, unlike yours, my chests lost the top 3 rows, whazzup with that?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're going to use a snapshot from a previous date to restore these. We have the snapshots good forever. I don't have time to do this, Danda / Alator can - if not I'll take them out and do it.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
yes, i will, but there are 24ish people on it. what should I do?

edit: I will dirt block it ofc, just thought of that. However, that means that none of those people can access it either. Thanks staff for being there to help when bukkit is mean!
I'll at least tell Darkthefox not to use the chest in Ranger Camp, if that's the one you're talking about. I don't know any of the others, unless Doogler has joined.

Jakub

Stone
We're going to use a snapshot from a previous date to restore these. We have the snapshots good forever. I don't have time to do this, Danda / Alator can - if not I'll take them out and do it.

Does this mean you have snapshots for all chests, or only LWC chests? If not, do you not have logs for non-LWC chests that would show everything disappearing as proof for compensation?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Does this mean you have snapshots for all chests, or only LWC chests? If not, do you not have logs for non-LWC chests that would show everything disappearing as proof for compensation?

LWC chests are fully refunded, if you lost items in those chests - petition it and the chest will be rolled back to a date before they were wiped.

The LWC chests are the only chests that will be fully refunded.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes and no, we have snapshots for all the maps (every few days) archived.
We only keep the last 10 days for transaction logs of the chest.

Jakub

Stone
Yes and no, we have snapshots for all the maps (every few days) archived.
We only keep the last 10 days for transaction logs of the chest.

So does this mean you can restore our chests to an earlier snapshot? You have no idea how amazing that would be, it's like hours and hours of mining that just randomly vanished and it's hard to have motivation to play after that.