• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Bolt and megabolt

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
I realizes it's not a huge deal but lighting bolts don't come out of the sky why you use the skill bolt or megabolt anymore, normally I wouldn't care if an effect didn't work as long as the skill did, but the lighting coming from the sky is what made bolt so cool. Basically what happens is when I use bolt it does everything correctly up until the part where lighting comes from the sky and hits your enemy. Also I saw on the dev diary thing that bolt was supposed to be made so that the sound is not world wide but I'm pretty sure it is. (Sorry for grammar on mobile)

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I realizes it's not a huge deal but lighting bolts don't come out of the sky why you use the skill bolt or megabolt anymore, normally I wouldn't care if an effect didn't work as long as the skill did, but the lighting coming from the sky is what made bolt so cool. Basically what happens is when I use bolt it does everything correctly up until the part where lighting comes from the sky and hits your enemy. Also I saw on the dev diary thing that bolt was supposed to be made so that the sound is not world wide but I'm pretty sure it is. (Sorry for grammar on mobile)
Are you talking about on live? or over all? because i was just on test and bolt/megabolt both show lightning from the sky.

And for the sound, i thought they changed it but im pretty sure i hear it from anywhere.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah its annoying but bolt/megabolt should really keep their bolts because it lets you know better when the skill goes off and its fuckin awesome!

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
We changed all skills that shoot lightning. A lightning visual is played (which is global still) and a separate lightning sound is played at an adjustable volume. It just defaults to 0.

Bug @Kainzo if you want it to have a sound.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We changed all skills that shoot lightning. A lightning visual is played (which is global still) and a separate lightning sound is played at an adjustable volume. It just defaults to 0.

Bug @Kainzo if you want it to have a sound.
This config has been set for ages....
Code:
Bolt:
  use-text: §7[§2Skill§7] %hero% used %skill% on %target%!
  max-distance: 9
  damage: 125
  damage-increase-per-intellect: 2.5
  max-distance-increase-per-intellect: 0.1
  reagent: 289
  reagent-cost: 1
  lightning-volume: 0.5
  delay: 3500

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This config has been set for ages....
Code:
Bolt:
  use-text: §7[§2Skill§7] %hero% used %skill% on %target%!
  max-distance: 9
  damage: 125
  damage-increase-per-intellect: 2.5
  max-distance-increase-per-intellect: 0.1
  reagent: 289
  reagent-cost: 1
  lightning-volume: 0.5
  delay: 3500
Then there should be sound. I tested locally and it worked. Hrm. Maybe they DO mean global sound?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I just tested it - the Lightning Bolt visual shows no problem for me.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
I just tested it - the Lightning Bolt visual shows no problem for me.

Its not the bolt its that no lighting comes down from the sky, the warmup/dmg still works but all it does is make a yellow firework.

Also im testing in on the RPG live not on the test server

yep just tested it at 4pm pst The sky flashed and their is a yellow firework but no bolt

Are you talking about on live? or over all? because i was just on test and bolt/megabolt both show lightning from the sky.

And for the sound, i thought they changed it but im pretty sure i hear it from anywhere.

On live rpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its not the bolt its that no lighting comes down from the sky, the warmup/dmg still works but all it does is make a yellow firework.

Also im testing in on the RPG live not on the test server

yep just tested it at 4pm pst The sky flashed and their is a yellow firework but no bolt
I tested it on the RPG server - it is functioning normally. Use 1.7.9 client or vanilla 1.7.2 and let me know.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
Then there should be sound. I tested locally and it worked. Hrm. Maybe they DO mean global sound?

Just tested it your right the sound is not global but the lighting bolt animation does not work, the sky flashes and their is a yellow firework but no lighting bolt

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
I reported this awhile ago, I have a feeling the problem with not showing the visual is just 1.7.2.
I'll try switching to 1.7.9 when I get back home and see if it works I also tested this in rpg live server not test, if you are a wizard and could test this for me then post what happens on here if be grateful :)

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
I tested it on the RPG server - it is functioning normally. Use 1.7.9 client or vanilla 1.7.2 and let me know.

Okay so basically it works perfectly in 1.7.9 lighting and everything. Except the thing is a majority of the people on the server use 1.7.2 because macros mod as far as i know only works on 1.7.2 so if you would still try to fix it in 1.7.2 I think a lot of people would be grateful :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Okay so basically it works perfectly in 1.7.9 lighting and everything. Except the thing is a majority of the people on the server use 1.7.2 because macros mod as far as i know only works on 1.7.2 so if you would still try to fix it in 1.7.2 I think a lot of people would be grateful :D
we wont be fixing things for 1.7.2

This will be resolved by 1.8 for everyone.