• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bloodmage suggestions/Buff bloodmage?

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
Lately.. I've been thinking of going bloodmage to test if its good or not. I've been told about how bad it is and I looked at its skills, It does not seem very convincing that its a good class imo. I reckon bloodmage could use some more skills, or regain there old fireball and making them the caster/healer type of class again.. it would be nice.

EDIT: Look below!

Fireball: Level 1 - 15% mana - 12 damage (22 at level 55) - 5 second CD - Fireball damages increases each level, 1 HP increase every 5 levels. Tick damage stays at 2.

Root: Level 40 - 20% mana - 5 HP - 15 second CD - Root someone by sacrificing 5 HP!

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I haven't seen many bloodmages on. Ever. Either I'm on at the wrong time or they have a reason for not being too popular.
I just checked the wiki on them, and they don't seem too enticing. I am all for a bloodmage buff

Sleaker

Retired Staff
we did some balancing tests on bloodmage btw, and just with the normal stats we found due to their HP regen from abilities they were ALWAYS outperforming wizard fireball spam. Just letting you guys know. Bloodmage (by the numbers) would win 90% of the time if a wizard never missed a Fireball.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Somebody also mentioned a different alternative to fireball called Arcane Magic or something of the sort. Elaborating on it further, maybe it can be a projectile that does a bit less dmg than fireball but saps health or mana from the target.

Spicycheez

Portal
I just had a quick look at the wiki. Bloodmages dont seem that bad, it might just be unpopular because of how bad it was on the other map, people might have not gotten the time to test it or something. Anyways if you guys find this a serious issue they could get fireball back.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
Its pretty bad atm (a downgrade from healer), i could only deal with getting to 10 but ya not much to gain till 40 at that point. Bandage has a 7 second casttime and a 4 sec CD (healer has a 2 sec cast and 2 sec cd). Drainsoul does 10 dmg (same as smite but a higher CD) and is on a 10 sec cd, plus if you cast it at full hp you get stuttered and take 1 hp dmg. Transfuse is broken as well, takes 20 hp instead of 10, it does replenish mana but due to the above i couldnt naturally stay below 90% mana to see if it works correctly. The class needs to be plain out fixed from what i experienced as its alot weaker than a healer in its current state.

I made a bug report post on this but ive gotten no answer so far so i dunno whats going on with BM :\. Hopefully its fixed and buffed.

HollowSith

Diamond
I would like to suggest a new skill for them. Blood boil or something of that sort. 10 block radius and the target takes fire tick damage. 5 damage every tick till 25 -30 damage total. It would obviously not work in the rain or work if the target has access to water. For every tick the bloodmage receives 2HP back. I'd like to see them with this as a skill.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
25-30 dmg?! Haha that's a bit overboard :p though it seems like a cool spell.

The way I think of bloodmages, they are vampiric healer-caster hybrids. Their spells that deal dmg should cost mana (and maybe some health too) and not do too much dmg, but should drain little amounts of hp instead. Their healing spells (which they should have the most of, compared to dmg spells) should cost health.

Lvl 1-
Blood Transfer (variant to bandage): Sacrifice 4 hp to give target 8 hp, no reagent, 1 second warmup, cannot be used on the caster

Scan (same one in place)

Siphon (unlike the current syphon): cause bleeding on target for 1 dmg per second for 10 seconds (10 dmg) and replenish 1 hp per 2 seconds (5 hp), costs 25 mana, 7 second cool down

Lvl 10-
Purge (variant to dispel): breaks all overtime spells on target and cures poison, costs 7 hp, 2 second cool down

Lvl 15-
Bodily Sustenance: Converts 50 mana to 25 hp, 15 second cool down

Lvl 20-
Rain Blood: Heals party members for 10 hp, and slows enemies within a 15-20 block radius for as long as they are in the spell's area of effect, costs 25 hp, 120 second cool down (if possible, creates rain and puts out fire)

Lvl 30-
Silence: same one that blood mage already has, costs 7 hp and 1 mana, 7 second cooldown

Lvl 40-
Drainsoul: same exact thing current blood mage has.

Lvl 50-
Passive skill: Sapping Scythe: Whenever you hit an enemy with a golden hoe, it replenishes 1 hp and 2 mana.

Lvl 54-
Soul Leech: For 15 seconds, your target takes 5 damage every 3 seconds (25 dmg) and you gain 110% of the dmg as hp (about 27 hp, 12 mana and 12 health, 15 second cool down.

Lvl 55-
Bloody Execution: For 20 seconds, if you or a party member kill an enemy, 20 hp and 20 mana are replenished (per kill), costs 20 mana and 15 hp, 4 second warmup and cannot be casted while in effect.

This is one of the first times I have 'played' around with a caster or healer, so if this seems too powerful, too weak, or impossible to pull off, just tell me.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Longer as in 30-40 seconds? However long most combat scenarios last would make sense, as it is a skill that could easily turn the tide of battle.

Carlover1234

Obsidian
25-30 dmg?! Haha that's a bit overboard :p though it seems like a cool spell.

The way I think of bloodmages, they are vampiric healer-caster hybrids. Their spells that deal dmg should cost mana (and maybe some health too) and not do too much dmg, but should drain little amounts of hp instead. Their healing spells (which they should have the most of, compared to dmg spells) should cost health.

Lvl 1-
Blood Transfer (variant to bandage): Sacrifice 4 hp to give target 8 hp, no reagent, 1 second warmup, cannot be used on the caster

Scan (same one in place)

Siphon (unlike the current syphon): cause bleeding on target for 1 dmg per second for 10 seconds (10 dmg) and replenish 1 hp per 2 seconds (5 hp), costs 25 mana, 7 second cool down

Lvl 10-
Purge (variant to dispel): breaks all overtime spells on target and cures poison, costs 7 hp, 2 second cool down

Lvl 15-
Bodily Sustenance: Converts 50 mana to 25 hp, 15 second cool down

Lvl 20-
Rain Blood: Heals party members for 10 hp, and slows enemies within a 15-20 block radius for as long as they are in the spell's area of effect, costs 25 hp, 120 second cool down (if possible, creates rain and puts out fire)

Lvl 30-
Silence: same one that blood mage already has, costs 7 hp and 1 mana, 7 second cooldown

Lvl 40-
Drainsoul: same exact thing current blood mage has.

Lvl 50-
Passive skill: Sapping Scythe: Whenever you hit an enemy with a golden hoe, it replenishes 1 hp and 2 mana.

Lvl 54-
Soul Leech: For 15 seconds, your target takes 5 damage every 3 seconds (25 dmg) and you gain 110% of the dmg as hp (about 27 hp, 12 mana and 12 health, 15 second cool down.

Lvl 55-
Bloody Execution: For 20 seconds, if you or a party member kill an enemy, 20 hp and 20 mana are replenished (per kill), costs 20 mana and 15 hp, 4 second warmup and cannot be casted while in effect.

This is one of the first times I have 'played' around with a caster or healer, so if this seems too powerful, too weak, or impossible to pull off, just tell me.
I think the blood rain skill should be pushed 10-20 levels ahead. But otherwise I like your ideas!:)

ThatAintFalco

Portal
We need Bloodmage buffs. I have made it to lv 17 with only a few complains.
First and foremost, The warm-up on bandage is just ridiculous. It makes it impossible to heal anyone with out taking more than needed damage. It make that skill useless un less you are in a safe area. Secondly, Drainsoul is on a hell of a long cool down. I think that a 5 second cd made make bloodmage more appealing. And for the lv 10 bm skill. I never use it. We have such a long cool down, I always have full mana.