• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage - Combat Heals.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Up until Bloodmage gets chant, they have no combat heals. They get bandage but it only works outta combat. this makes being a healer trouble some in any combat situation. I suggest fixing this or buffing chant, the warmup on chant makes it easy for any rogue or warrior class to kick or bash the bloodmage. Having medium/close range skills means the bloodmage has to be reasonably close to its target to damage and with the warmups which slow the bloodmage down (soulleech/chant/bloodboil).

Well, I think the reason for bandage only being allowed out of combat for bloodmages (is it the same for other healer classes too?) is because their main attack, drainsoul, heals them.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Well, I think the reason for bandage only being allowed out of combat for bloodmages (is it the same for other healer classes too?) is because their main attack, drainsoul, heals them.
Drainsoul is a very small heal and is definitely not a replacement for bandage in combat.

I think that Healers are stronger than bloodmages till the bloodmage hits 20, (when they get their DoT) honestly. Tranfuse is a worthless skill, so far I have never run below 80% mana in a fight. The ability to reliably heal in combat, while dealing only 20 less damage with smite vs drainsoul is just much better.

Not to mention that healers also deal nearly twice as much melee damage as a lvl 1 bloodmage.

Giving bloodmage the ability to use bandage in combat would very likely be OP though, it is like a .5sec cast for them.

Drainsoul is a very small heal and is definitely not a replacement for bandage in combat.

I think that Healers are stronger than bloodmages till the bloodmage hits 20, (when they get their DoT) honestly. Tranfuse is a worthless skill, so far I have never run below 80% mana in a fight. The ability to reliably heal in combat, while dealing only 20 less damage with smite vs drainsoul is just much better.

Not to mention that healers also deal nearly twice as much melee damage as a lvl 1 bloodmage.

Giving bloodmage the ability to use bandage in combat would very likely be OP though, it is like a .5sec cast for them.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I've never been bloodmage before so I don't know too much about it :rolleyes:

teddytazer

Soulsand
Constrict is a great slow, but if your target is afflicted, and your using a skill with a warmup, you wont be going that much faster then them. The problem is before chant bloodmage is a useless healer in combat, and somewhat even when they do get it.

MajDeath

Portal
As I am a bloodmage and very good at it, all i have to say to this is NO, btw bloodmage and only bloodmage bandage can not be used in combat

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
As I am a bloodmage and very good at it, all i have to say to this is NO, btw bloodmage and only bloodmage bandage can not be used in combat
its like that on purpose Kainzo said something about it last map when i was trying to get bloodmage buffed.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Up until Bloodmage gets chant, they have no combat heals. They get bandage but it only works outta combat. this makes being a healer trouble some in any combat situation. I suggest fixing this or buffing chant, the warmup on chant makes it easy for any rogue or warrior class to kick or bash the bloodmage. Having medium/close range skills means the bloodmage has to be reasonably close to its target to damage and with the warmups which slow the bloodmage down (soulleech/chant/bloodboil).

sounds like you need to go cleric.