• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bladegrasp Reagent

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
Stone Sword is the only reagent in the game right now that does not stack, and is one of two reagents that has to be crafted. This is seriously irritating, since Bladegrasp is probably the Samurai's most useful skill in most situations. I don't see why any class should have a reagent that doesn't stack with itself and that has such little use on its own, I don't go around crafting stone swords for any other reason aside from burning them in Bladegrasp.
I propose that the reagent is switched to an iron bar, probably worth a lot more in terms of coins, but well worth the cost for their convenience in that they can stack into one inventory slot and don't have to be crafted. On top of that, it makes more sense as a reagent since a Samurai requires an iron will (and perhaps iron hands) to halt a blade's strike without taking bodily harm. That being said, any stacking item would be more appropriate, and I hope to see some more suggestions in here.
Also is this supposed to be what we're doing:
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Bladeblock200.jpg

Stone Sword is the only reagent in the game right now that does not stack, and is one of two reagents that has to be crafted. This is seriously irritating, since Bladegrasp is probably the Samurai's most useful skill in most situations. I don't see why any class should have a reagent that doesn't stack with itself and that has such little use on its own, I don't go around crafting stone swords for any other reason aside from burning them in Bladegrasp.
I propose that the reagent is switched to an iron bar, probably worth a lot more in terms of coins, but well worth the cost for their convenience in that they can stack into one inventory slot and don't have to be crafted. On top of that, it makes more sense as a reagent since a Samurai requires an iron will (and perhaps iron hands) to halt a blade's strike without taking bodily harm. That being said, any stacking item would be more appropriate, and I hope to see some more suggestions in here.

I picture it more like this:

sora_kake6_18.jpg

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Stone Sword is the only reagent in the game right now that does not stack, and is one of two reagents that has to be crafted. This is seriously irritating, since Bladegrasp is probably the Samurai's most useful skill in most situations.
See, kris? I told you that having non-stackable reagents makes a difference. Toldja toldja toldja.

On top of that, it makes more sense as a reagent since a Samurai requires an iron will (and perhaps iron hands) to halt a blade's strike without taking bodily harm. That being said, any stacking item would be more appropriate, and I hope to see some more suggestions in here.
Ehh... I can't see the image you linked. I always thought of the skill (despite it's name) as being more along the lines of using the stone sword to block the hit. It makes sense that the Samurai would would rather let a low-quality sidearm break before taking a hit from the enemy's killing-stick. I think what you suggest is fine, with the iron ingots, but I certainly get a nice feel from the swords.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
My image is basically the same thing that persist3nce posted but with two open hands instead of between the fingers. I'm pretty sure that what you're talking about is more of a basic block rather than grasping a blade itself. I can't say for sure what the person who made the name was thinking of though, I just want a non-stacking reagent.

@Kainzo If someone manages to take down a Samurai who has his Bladegrasp reagents on hand, then maybe they deserve a little something extra. :p