• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Black Mesa - A Totally Legit Revamp of Half-Life!

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Hey Heroes!
I've found this completely legit game, called Black Mesa.
It's a COMPLETE revamp of the Half-Life world that we all entered and left 16 years ago...
Here are a bunch of screenies of gameplay that I shot as I went along:

Note: I disabled 'Chromatic Aberration' graphic effect because it just makes my screen go black... This effect goes off when you're taking damage.
01873cc43d.jpg

3c497c923b.jpg
19afc046d8.jpg

18439f17c9.jpg

During the resonance cascade:
9f4f0adf9e.jpg

After the resonance cascade. Note the cool blurring effect after Freeman wakes up from his teleportation to Xen and back.
98e88c77de.jpg

Yes, we pick up the Glock 17 first rather than the crowbar... Kinda controversial IMO but who cares?
873b173109.jpg

We finally pick up the crowbar and kill a zombie! But what's this?! BLOOD SMEARING ON HELD WEAPONS!!!!
7295e7c40c.jpg

Seems to me like we can use the iron sight on the .357 Magnum!
75cce37daa.jpg

c2d12e0b2b.jpg

And so, we finally pick up the famous MP5 with Grenade Launcher from a U.S Marine killed by the Theoretical Physicist Kenster!
0441ca69bc.jpg

And we have badass-looking medkits and Power Rechargers with dynamic healing fluid/liquid battery acid (or whatever) that decreases in volume as the stations are used up more!
b39299c8cc.jpg

9bfb3555fc.jpg

And we start mass murdering the U.S Marines with their own medicine! With foul words that they shout at ya too!
c1a4d14c4f.jpg

Notice the dynamic damage indicators and brightening HUD when there's changes to ammo, HP and suit power...
MEDIIIIIIC!!!! Ouch! My own blood's also smeared on my weapon :O
0ad38ebcde.jpg

Orly? Kick my ass?
e6f90d0e76.jpg

Lemme rid your head full of bullets, U.S Marine scrub!
827d628e1e.jpg

And we finally pick up the SPAS-12! With idle animations too!
189c837ebe.jpg

There are all of the screenies I have saved to my lappy. I stopped a bit after the above screenie and decided to take a rest. To any former U.S Marine soldiers, I am really sorry if my comments offended you, as I did not mean to...

Until later,
Kenster

I forgot to mention that Black Mesa also has view bobbing, but it's so far out compared to Minecraft's. Black Mesa's view bobbing is based in the direction you are running. Per se, if you're running straight and strafing left, your view will bob (rotate) to the left a bit to simulate your strafing to the left. And if you're running backwards, your view will bob up a little.

Last edited: