• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Biome restrictions

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Although I'm just starting to figure out the townships plugin, Ive found that the biome restriction for certain buildings might be a little too restricting. I think all towns should be able to create any building they can afford, which as a result can foster even more trade and interaction between towns.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Irish, I don't know that many, or indeed any, of the biome restrictions are working, actually. Or the profession restrictions for that matter.

Most quarries, factories etc can be built in any biome. My town has an oakfarm in a plains biome and that's not listed as a required one.

Also the soul shard regions aren't being restricted to their professions (although I would like to see that changed, lol). It seems non-Miners can build gold mines and thus I'm guessing redstone mines too.

The only mention I've seen so far of biome restriction was not being able to build a cabal because it was looking for mushroom_island biome instead of mushroomisland biome. (This has been fixed in the configs, but I have no idea what people are finding ingame).

I'm finding it a little frustrating because I really need to know what players are experiencing ingame. The wiki reflects what I see in the configs, but as with all coding, no one knows what does and doesn't work until it's tested ingame.

I would dearly appreciate players reporting to me whether they've found that ANY profession or biome restrictions are actually working. :)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Irish, I don't know that many, or indeed any, of the biome restrictions are working, actually. Or the profession restrictions for that matter.

Most quarries, factories etc can be built in any biome. My town has an oakfarm in a plains biome and that's not listed as a required one.

Also the soul shard regions aren't being restricted to their professions (although I would like to see that changed, lol). It seems non-Miners can build gold mines and thus I'm guessing redstone mines too.

The only mention I've seen so far of biome restriction was not being able to build a cabal because it was looking for mushroom_island biome instead of mushroomisland biome. (This has been fixed in the configs, but I have no idea what people are finding ingame).

I'm finding it a little frustrating because I really need to know what players are experiencing ingame. The wiki reflects what I see in the configs, but as with all coding, no one knows what does and doesn't work until it's tested ingame.

I would dearly appreciate players reporting to me whether they've found that ANY profession or biome restrictions are actually working. :)
I'll start trying to make some of the regions that it says I shouldn't be able to, and I'll get back to you then :)

I was actually about to post Something about this. The Fishing huts are "supposed" to be restricted to Y=64+ I assume due to the Vanilla Minecraft Ocean being y=63 and below. Herocrafts Ocean is y=55, so if the restrictions go active, we have to have floating Fishing huts to work with the restriction. Is there a way to remove that singular restriction and keep it for Rivers and Oceans?

Lovely and I can do some testing as well, If that would be helpful

EDIT: Fishing hut it still Height Restricted.
Testing Dark oak farm shortly.

EDIT 2: Dark oak farm worked in Ice-spike Biome, but you had to grow the tree yourself, placing the blocks resulted in the Leaves not being counted properly

Last edited:

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll post more as i test, but i did just test a tradingpost in a taiga, and was denied because it is restricted.

Edit: so i've noticed something with the /to shop menu and what i think is happening. lets say you want to build an oak farm. you go to /to shop, farms-other and mouse over oak farm. there it tells you it must be built in a forest biome. Then click it, go to more info and there is NO menu telling you the restrictions- which is why i think it can really be built anywhere.

do the same exact thing for all the base production soul shops and you get a grass block in the more info menu that explains the restrictions. All other soul shops do not have that block which explains the ability to build wherever. Im guessing that the grass block explains what is actual coded, while the tooltip just exlpains what is "planned" or meant to have been implemented.

Last edited:

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
I have discovered that Ice Spike biomes cannot create wheat farms(I am assuming also Sugar Cane farms) and I feel like they should be able too.
If it's a matter of lore not making sense to have water into an icy biome, maybe allow them to be build with a certain number of torches higher than it is currently.

I feel like farms shouldn't be biome restricted as they do not produce money for the town.

johnnjlee

TNT
Although I'm just starting to figure out the townships plugin, Ive found that the biome restriction for certain buildings might be a little too restricting. I think all towns should be able to create any building they can afford, which as a result can foster even more trade and interaction between towns.
How about having minor resource bonuses to building in places that relate to the farm's biome.