• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

Weikauno

Coder
-Those who believed in Jesus and are saved, sins will be covered by his blood

If I dont believe in Jesus, will I go to hell?

Well I believe that all people will have a second chance in the resurrection, and if they disobey, and rebel, they will be cast into the lake of fire, to be erased completely from existence, for their own good. But any sensible person would not knowingly doom themselves to being erased after being given the truth. In revelation, it says Satan will be cast in the lake of fire to burn for eternity, but all others cast in will simply cease to exist anymore. No eternal suffering.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
What kind of God gives a shit whether or not people believe in his existence or not? What kind of God gives a shit whether people follow the teachings of his son? Don't you think he'd be more concerned about the whole of a person, and not their core beliefs?

Man, honestly, step back and just think about the words you spew for a second before you type them. If there is a 'Jesus-only club' and an 'Everyone-else club' when we die, and the 'Everyone-else club' gets punished for eternity all because they didn't think Jesus was the son of the Creator of the Universe, then God is an asshole.

None of this is by any means off-topic. I am just telling it like it is. You can't tell people that they're destined for an eternity of hell just because they don't belong to the same tinfoil hat club that you do. That's that.
God is holy and just and we are sinful. Doesn't mush together really well. Sin cannot be in his presence. He is just so sin must be punished. There are however different levels of punishment based on works, amount of sin, and knowledge of God.

P.S. he is concerned about the whole of the person. The whole of all people are sinful and evil. That's why we need help.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
God is holy and just and we are sinful. Doesn't mush together really well. Sin cannot be in his presence. He is just so sin must be punished. There are however different levels of punishment based on works, amount of sin, and knowledge of God.

P.S. he is concerned about the whole of the person. The whole of all people are sinful and evil. That's why we need help.
Do you imagine hell similair to Dante's Inferno?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

Blah blah blah Eve ate the apple and now we're all automatically born as sinners, blah blah blah.

What kind of God punishes all of humanity just because Eve ate an apple in the garden of Eden when God forbid her to do so?

Also, Catholics are funny...
http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=21542

They believed for so long that if an unbaptized baby died shortly after birth they wouldn't go to heaven because they weren't baptized (cleansed of 'original sin' from the whole garden of Eden bullshit). They took it to a VOTE in 2006 and voted that they should maybe think differently on the matter. Maybe in the year 2100 they'll vote that gay people aren't so bad after all. Maybe by the year 2500 they'll vote there wasn't a God after all, who knows?

Weikauno

Coder

That's why Jesus died for us. He took the punishment for us. He died so that our sins could be forgiven. When I see modern "real" Christianity, I see it and I feel bad, because there's so much wrong with it. STDs4YouAnd4Me yes haha true, true that's not what I believe.

edit: human nature is evil, the whole of people isn't evil. We were created in God's image, made to be like Him in the future kingdom. It's not like everyone has no morals and is super evil. There were many people who followed God wholeheartedly, and there will continue to be that few that follow Him until the end time.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Blah blah blah Eve ate the apple and now we're all automatically born as sinners, blah blah blah.

What kind of God punishes all of humanity just because Eve ate an apple in the garden of Eden when God forbid her to do so?

Also, Catholics are funny...
http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=21542

They believed for so long that if an unbaptized baby died shortly after birth they wouldn't go to heaven because they weren't baptized (cleansed of 'original sin' from the whole garden of Eden bullshit). They took it to a VOTE in 2006 and voted that they should maybe think differently on the matter. Maybe in the year 2100 they'll vote that gay people aren't so bad after all. Maybe by the year 2500 they'll vote there wasn't a God after all, who knows?
Can you or anyone else say I've never sinned? You sinned just as much as Adam and Eve.

I believe in that case babies would go to heaven because they hasn't developed a sense of good and evil. If they did something bad they didn't realize it was bad. ( When Adam ate from the fruit mankind developed a knowledge of good and evil so when and before they did something wrong they knew it)

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
That's why Jesus died for us. He took the punishment for us. He died so that our sins could be forgiven. When I see modern "real" Christianity, I see it and I feel bad, because there's so much wrong with it. STDs4YouAnd4Me yes haha true, true that's not what I believe.

edit: human nature is evil, the whole of people isn't evil. We were created in God's image, made to be like Him in the future kingdom. It's not like everyone has no morals and is super evil. There were many people who followed God wholeheartedly, and there will continue to be that few that follow Him until the end time.
I suppose your right about human nature being evil, but Though people do have morals, they really are that evil. Your comparing people to people when you should be comparing people to God. Anyone who encountered God in the bible trembled. They realized how truly horrible they were and how Holy God is.

And about "real"Chritianity these days. Many so called Christians have the love of a word that is not read

Weikauno

Coder
Even the people who devote their entire lives to helping the poor, but who also happen to follow another religion, or none at all? /end thread

I'll take a page out of your book. I know it sounds harsh, but... your logic is horrible, and makes you a horrible human for thinking that.

Well, you know how people go extreme with certain stuff, without considering other parts that are important, and the core of the belief is destroyed, because pieces are missing. The machine won't work without all the pieces, and that's what's killing off legit Christians. You gotta think context, guys, context! and for you guys that think you'll go to heaven when you die, I know it sounds harsh, but reread John 3:13, it's pretty deep.

edit:but still, even though that's pretty deep, there's also the lord's prayer that says there will be an awesome kingdom that everyone will live in, notice "Thy Kingdom come"

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Not to be disrespectful or anything, but there is something I never understood while learning about Christianity..

God, the spirit and Jesus is the same person? (the father, the son and the holy spirit (the trinity (or what it's called in english))).
Then god created humans, who ate an apple in his garden, then became "sinners".

So god send a part of him?/his son?/Jesus down to earth, to rescue humans from sinn. Then Jesus talk about his "father" and such, and claim he's gods son, and the last prophet who is going to save humans. The jews don't like that, so they kill him (apparently on a cross)

Why does god forgive humans for their current and upcoming sinns, because jews killed his son/a part of him/jesus in a slow and painful process?

And what happen when you get to heaven, are you doomed to roam around for ever?
What happens if you end up in hell?
How can god punish people who are raised in another religion than Christianity?

This is just some of many things I've never really understood :)

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
Never played it lol

I'd think he actually means the Divine Comedy, also known as Dante's Inferno, an epic poem detailing Hell and its levels. It's a classic and the fact that you immediately think to the modern video game is heart breaking.

Weikauno

Coder
Not to be disrespectful or anything, but there is something I never understood while learning about Christianity..

God, the spirit and Jesus is the same person? (the father, the son and the holy spirit (the trinity (or what it's called in english))).
Then god created humans, who ate an apple in his garden, then became "sinners".

So god send a part of him?/his son?/Jesus down to earth, to rescue humans from sinn. Then Jesus talk about his "father" and such, and claim he's gods son, and the last prophet who is going to save humans. The jews don't like that, so they kill him (apparently on a cross)

Why does god forgive humans for their current and upcoming sinns, because jews killed his son/a part of him/jesus in a slow and painful process?

And what happen when you get to heaven, are you doomed to roam around for ever?
What happens if you end up in hell?
How can god punish people who are raised in another religion than Christianity?

This is just some of many things I've never really understood :)

Those are very good questions, kinda hard to answer but I can give my best answer of what I believe. :)
1.)God, spirit and Jesus, not one person, but one body, a team, like a family.
2.)why does God forgive humans, etc. ...... God gave us the gift of His son to pay for our sins, so that we may be cleansed of all evil and become children of God
3.)And what happens when you get to heaven...? Well I believe you don't go to Heaven, you are resurrected to the new Kingdom of God on Earth where God is back in full control of the Earth and there is no more pain or suffering. There will be much to do, and it'll be fun(including the job of teaching those who never knew of God and His way about it).
4.)If you are sent to Hell, this is after you have rejected God's way even after you were resurrected and if you're just an extremely rebellious and evil person, that doesn't listen to any reason, and rebels even when you know you're gonna die, because you want to do everything your way, then you will be cast into the lake of fire to be wiped from existence, banned by the ultimate banhammer of goodness, for your own good.
5.)They don't get punished, They just learn of God's way, and if they aren't extremely stupid and reckless, then they're good to go.

edit: and yeah, I don't believe in a trinity, because I believe the spirit is a power.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
Loophole in the bible? :eek:
The more good works and things you do for he glory of God build up the treasures for you in heaven, so if you repent right before you die, your treasures are more limited than those who did not. It's not a loophole.

Kam744

ICE ICE ICE!
The more good works and things you do for he glory of God build up the treasures for you in heaven, so if you repent right before you die, your treasures are more limited than those who did not. It's not a loophole.

hi parker