• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not eternal damnation, its your choice on whether or not your eternal spirit wants to be with God or it doesn't. Like I said, He isn't punishing you.

Maybe you read what I wrote wrong. I am saying that if you and the fictional character I made up were both to die at the exact same minute and faced God's judgement, wouldn't that fictional character be sentenced to Hell forever?

no. they would be separated from God forever. Hell is a separation from God. that's why it's torturous. No love, no blessings, nothing. The blessings you took as pure coincidence in this life you come to find were all blessings of God. It's all taken away, just as you've wanted it. God sends nobody to Hell, we choose the door we walk through. Either we're going into the dark room or the white room. We don't face God's judgement when we die, either. Judgement is reserved for Christ's return. When we die, we fall asleep, some in Christ, some not in Christ. Judgement on a personal level happens at the same time after the return of Christ. We don't go to Heaven or Hell when we die either, unless we die one second before Christ returns... highly unlikely, but not impossible.

You have a ton of questions, I know. I'm going to bed now, though. I like that this forum is public, but maybe a better way to answer some of your questions is through PM's. All up to you of course. Hope I could help your understanding a tiny bit. Goodnight!

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
This has obviously turned into a debate, which was never the intent of this thread. I'm not a religious person, but I respect others religions. If you are so strongly against religion and feel the need to argue against it then don't even bother with this thread and just leave. People have different beliefs, and let them have those beliefs without trying to proove them wrong. This thread is completly off track of its original purpose.

EDIT : The last bit isn't as bad, but the whole thread in general has alot more debating than there should be...

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
You have a ton of questions, I know. I'm going to bed now, though. I like that this forum is public, but maybe a better way to answer some of your questions is through PM's. All up to you of course. Hope I could help your understanding a tiny bit. Goodnight!
No worries. Again though, as you stated, it's hard to 'convert' people over the internet. I was a Christian at one point too and am far more comfortable in the position I currently am in. I can't say I'm 100% happy with my life, but neither can most Christians. Oddly, I do feel better believing that I alone am responsible for everything. It gives me a sense to better myself. Goodnight.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
bob_de_blastoise

Hmm. Given that most people are athiests here, and that this thread is about religion and bringing people to Christianity, I feel it is necessary to say:

''You came to the wrong neighbourhood, motherfucker!''

Like what Haxnn said, this thread is more of a debate now. I can understand that this thread has good intentions, buuut unfortunately it looks like it'll just get dragged back and worth between that which is relevent and that which isn't. If you'd like to bring jesus to people, then let me tell you, the internet is NOT the right place! :p

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
bob_de_blastoise

Hmm. Given that most people are athiests here, and that this thread is about religion and bringing people to Christianity, I feel it is necessary to say:

''You came to the wrong neighbourhood, motherfucker!''

Like what Haxnn said, this thread is more of a debate now. I can understand that this thread has good intentions, buuut unfortunately it looks like it'll just get dragged back and worth between that which is relevent and that which isn't. If you'd like to bring jesus to people, then let me tell you, the internet is NOT the right place! :p
Because the the Internet is full of atheist and other religion is the perfect missionary field

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
This has obviously turned into a debate, which was never the intent of this thread. I'm not a religious person, but I respect others religions. If you are so strongly against religion and feel the need to argue against it then don't even bother with this thread and just leave. People have different beliefs, and let them have those beliefs without trying to proove them wrong. This thread is completly off track of its original purpose.

EDIT : The last bit isn't as bad, but the whole thread in general has alot more debating than there should be...
I agree. I think it's good that people are getting questions answered, but this has strayed away from its original purpose just to kinda get Christianity out there

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
So you are disagreeing with this post bob_de_blastoise PLEASE tell me what is wrong in this post? That Tellus is our planet? That you are avoiding my questions? That I want evidence of God's excistense in your answers? That I was going to sleep because it was late?

Or do as you normally do, rate other people's posts without caring to explain why.
I haven't really just rated many people, but I do not understand how tellus is our planet when all I've been taught is Earth, Earth , Earth

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Tellus is Earth in Latin.

Just because someone tells you something is one way, doesn't mean it cannot be another way. No one knows everything, heh. Earth has quite a few names 8)

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
So you are disagreeing with this post bob_de_blastoise PLEASE tell me what is wrong in this post? That Tellus is our planet? That you are avoiding my questions? That I want evidence of God's excistense in your answers? That I was going to sleep because it was late?

Or do as you normally do, rate other people's posts without caring to explain why.
If you want to know just pay attention to theenigmaparadox I stated earlier that I wasn't going to answer more questions because I'm young and couldn't represent Christianity in its whole and fullest

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Lol I just got that Tellus was Earth a few minutes ago:) Keep other languages off the forums
Tellus is the name on Earth often used when talking about science. I grew up with the name of our planet being Tellus or simply Earth. Tellus is latin as Barn said and it makes more sense to call our planet Tellus as that is more of a name then Earth which is a word.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Didnt want to post in the thread because I dislike religious talks, and there are too many posts in it.
I belong to the religion, which according to translator, is called "Evangelical Lutheran", but I consider myself as an atheist. I dont believe in God, never did. The only reason I am in a religion is the fact that in Finland, a human pretty much needs to have a religion, even though no normal person never cares about them.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Or we could just make religious threads illegal on the forums.

In hindsight, should this thread be allowed to continue? I am sorry that I was a part of it but please check Rule 5.7 under Chat Rules people where it states:
Chat Rules
5 The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums: ...
5.7 Discussing religious/political views

Also Angyles can this be locked or something since it breaks a rule?

Link to Rules for Reference: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-online-service-rules.6159/

BUT:
I honestly dont want to remove a thread if it's civil and intelligent - if it gets out of hand, we'll lock it. I see no reason why a civil, intelligent debate about religion (or lack there of) shouldn't be allowed.

Just to note:
The chances of you "Converting" someone to your belief online is slim. This goes for almost anything (religious or non-religious otherwise).

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I think your all missing the point. Think about it like this: water didn't change for us in any way its been H2O since the start of time. We are on earth by chance. You are here because the conditions for life were met on our planet. There are millions of planets and by complete chance this is were we ended up.
The chance that you are talking about is not existant. Its so low, that I cant come with anything to compared it against.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The chance that you are talking about is not existant. Its so low, that I cant come with anything to compared it against.
But the chance of there being some supernatural power is non-existant. The universe is probably infinite which means even with a 0.0000000000000001% chance (add a few more million zeros between 0 and 1) there is still a good chance that SEVERAL places in the universe has intellegent life. Even though the human race is very advanced in technology, we still can't travel between galaxies, or planets for that matter, so we are not able to find the life we want to find.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
There are what, 100 billion estimated GALAXIES? There may as well be more if space is seemingly infinite. I'm considering it a fact that there are other more intelligent forms of life out there seeing that there are more planets throughout space than there are grains of sand from every beach on our planet. We're not alone.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Logical? I know you're a Christian, and there are far too many things in the bible that defy logic I don't know where to begin.
- Talking snake that is actually Satan?
- Virgin birth
- Noah putting 2 of every animal and every species of these animals on 1 giant boat
- Moses parting the sea
- Jesus turning water into wine
- Jesus bringing a man back from the dead
- Jesus coming back from the dead himself

These are just off the top of my head, and I'm a little rusty since I haven't thought about this topic in quite some time. In a nutshell, don't tell me that logic falls in your favour when the bible is filled with events that haven't been witnessed (excluding in the Bible, the very document under suspicion at the moment).

Actually, there have been scientific research that proves that these things could have happened. Not saying that it can all be explained, but some can be. One example, the parting or the reed sea. There is this weird thing that happens when a wind blows over a body of water for a extended amount of time. Because I want to be a scientist, and the fact that I am a very factual person, I can understand why people don't believe in Christ. Its so much stuff that seems like it came from fiction, but infact, every thing we see today is fiction 20 years ago. So, that said, things that will be in the next 20 years could be fiction to us now. Many things in world right now seem magical as it is.

I believe very strongly that Christianity is more then believing. Its walking and talking with god. I could not imagine my life as a non Christian. Its a part of me now, and I don't want to live without it. Jesuses voice can be masked, so you really have to listen.