• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

UnknownK9

Iron
I am just opening possibility of god being male and or female.
I have a question. By the way I mean this in all seriousness. Would you classify God the father is neither male nor female being a spirit, or is he a male being that Jesus and him are one and the same?
Lets not be silly here why would god sacrifice herself to herself for herself? That's silly.

macura

Diamond
Has God ever fucked with free will and personal choice?
Yes, when Moses asked the pharaoh to let his people free, god "hardened his heart"(pharaoh's heart) so that he would not let them go. He did this repeatedly basically creating a loop of unjust punishments. As a result of this all of the plagues happened.

Pascal's Wager is faulty. You know what you may have to lose by continuing on your path and end up being wrong in the end? The answer is an entire life dedicated to the Church (in your case you're a preacher) and it all kind of/sort of was a lie... like being Barry Bonds' biggest fan for so long and finding out he was nothing more than a juicebox.

I don't know your life, nor do I know any of your life experiences. I'm only guessing, but it is possible that you've been tempted to do things in your life through the years that are considered sinful that you stayed away from because you knew it wasn't what Jesus would want from you. If there ends up being no God you sort of lived your life limiting yourself on things you wanted to do out of faith that God exists.

Let's not forget either that you may have to be bang-on about Jesus too. If it turns out that God does exist, but only those who recognize Muhammed as the true prophet, you might be going to hell either way. Tough love.

The only reason I can refute this is that the Bible has had prophecies 100% fulfilled. Each and every one of them, and also provides a means for salvation. No other 'holy' book does. This is historically documented.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Yes, when Noah asked the pharaoh to let his people free, god "hardened his heart"(pharaoh's heart) so that he would not let them go. He did this repeatedly basically creating a loop of unjust punishments. As a result of this all of the plagues happened.
Ah good example. That was Moses though I think. Also that's kind of a dick thing to do by God...

Jmandudeguy

Legacy Supporter 3
The only reason I can refute this is that the Bible has had prophecies 100% fulfilled. Each and every one of them, and also provides a means for salvation. No other 'holy' book does. This is historically documented.
What about Nostradamus? I can easily link several events off the top of my head to his predictions.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The very same Bible that claims the Earth is flat?

The very same Bible that claims the Earth is flat?

When you exegete the scriptures correctly, you find that the scriptures that seemingly point to a flat earth is anything but that. It was a translation of the hebrew texts that, along with a few other things, misinterpreted the context of the word. Just as bats were 'birds' in the hebrew texts because it flew with a pair of wings and resembled a bird. A flying animal was known as a 'bird'. Four corners of the earth -- Scriptural references such as Revelation 7:1 are cited, which speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.” However, this passage makes reference to the cardinal directions as seen on a compass – i.e. north, south, east and west. Terminology to a similar effect is used today when we speak of the sun rising and setting each day, even though we know that it is, in fact, the earth which orbits around the sun.

Another passage often referred to is Psalm 75:3, which speaks of God holding the pillars firm. However, the psalms are written in the poetry genre. Rather than referring to literal pillars, this is representative of God’s guaranteeing the earth’s stability. Even when the moral order of the world seems to have crumbled, God will not fully withdraw His sustaining power.

In contrast to the supposed “flat earth” verses, there are numerous Scriptures that clearly indicate otherwise. The earth is described in Job 26:7 as being suspended over empty space, implying a spherical figure. This notion is further entertained in Isaiah 40:21-22, which refers to “the circle of the earth.” This is further supported by Proverbs 8:27 (NKJV), which speaks of God drawing a circle on the face of the deep. From a “bird’s-eye view” of the ocean, the horizon is seen as a circle. Such an observation indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins, describing the reality of day and night on a spherical earth.

The round-earth idea is further supported by Jesus in Luke 17:31,34: “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back...I tell you, in that night there will be two people in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.” This would seem to indicate the phenomenon of day on one side of the globe while darkness abides on the other.

In conclusion, the curvature of the earth is certainly a biblical concept, and there is little or no basis for the charge that the Bible teaches a flat earth. The Scriptures that seem to present a flat earth can all easily be explained when correctly interpreted and understood.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Interpretation is everything. You can take words and spin them any way you please to support a claim you're making. I'm not familiar with the majority of the revelations made in the Bible, but nothing is written in black & white. When vague claims are made in the bible and a vague event happens on Earth, it's too easy to point at it and say "see, the Bible is the word of God". Sadly, that doesn't make it the truth.

Interpretation isn't everything. Correct translation from the Hebrew texts is everything. If you actually read the Hebrew scriptures, you'll find that it's not vague at all. The reason it seems vague to you is because the english translations try to match, as best as possible, the words and meanings from the Hebrew language. The ends of the earth doesn't mean the earth is flat. It means that God is the only infinite being in existence, that even the earth has finite ends. I'll no longer argue the point.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
It means that God is the only infinite being in existence, that even the earth has finite ends. I'll no longer argue the point.

Can we now then argue why God is exempt from the second law of thermodynamics? If the Universe needs a creator, why doesn't "The Creator" need a creator? It's too convenient to say that God is exempt from this law because he created the law... I mean, really?

Can we now then argue why God is exempt from the second law of thermodynamics? If the Universe needs a creator, why doesn't "The Creator" need a creator? It's too convenient to say that God is exempt from this law because he created the law... I mean, really?

I agree with your want. As I tell everyone I talk about this with... that's going to be my first question when I stand before Him. I can't give you an answer because an answer isn't given, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. We will all have the pleasure of standing before God, but most of us (not including myself) will also have the terror of seeing His heart break over our lack of salvation through Christ.

I also want to make this clear: I've witnessed to all of the participants of this thread, and now I wish to fellowship with believers. I'll no longer take part of a debate forum, for I feel there is nothing to debate. Most of what you're asking can be found in the scriptures themselves, and many times I find people are too lazy or prideful to open up the Bible and read what it says in its own context and learn from it and have their questions answered. I am not a substitute for the Word of God, but I've given what I could. All further discussions negatively geared towards skepticism without a true want to learn will be ignored. Fellowship is welcome =P

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with your want. As I tell everyone I talk about this with... that's going to be my first question when I stand before Him. I can't give you an answer because an answer isn't given, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. We will all have the pleasure of standing before God, but most of us (not including myself) will also have the terror of seeing His heart break over our lack of salvation through Christ.

Which leaves me to this... Why does the creator of the Universe actually CARE that we recognize Jesus Christ as his Son? Why is it even an issue at all? Assume that you and I are EXACTLY alike, except I inherited millions of dollars at birth and my day-job consists of feeding the homeless and being an all-around great guy. If the only difference between you and I is that you accept Jesus as the son of God and I don't, do I really deserve eternal damnation? If the answer is yes, then I am sorry to tell you that even if there was a 99% chance that God does exist, I'll gladly take my ticket to eternal damnation, because God does NOT seem like a just character. That is just my opinion, of course.

It's not eternal damnation, its your choice on whether or not your eternal spirit wants to be with God or it doesn't. Like I said, He isn't punishing you. He's giving you what you've apparently kept wanting. To do otherwise in regard to His love would be to force you, and He's too good for that. He cares that Jesus Christ is the Son of God because He sent Jesus to save us all because He loves us. I can't make you believe, bro. If I could take you into heaven and we could both look upon the throne of Almighty God together and find peace and happiness right then and there I would take you there... we have to wait. I'm praying for you, and as always, NO hard feelings -- I'll always be here if you truly want to talk about things. I listen, too, you know =P