• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Supposably, one of Adams sons killed a brother, a brother that was close to god. God banished him and placed a mark on him. Just speculation though. God may have put a allele in the DNA of Adam and eve to have a black baby as well...

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I've always wondered about this but if Adam and Eve were both white. How did we end up with all the other races of people. ve never read much out of the bible so mabey it is explained somewhere.

Well to be fair no one knows what Adam and Eve looks like, as they are not even sure where the garden of Eden was to begin with...although some scholars do debate that the garden was near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

There is some thought that the Tower of Babel is where the languages came from, races are also thought of to really come from the same place. When God changed the languages of man so they could not all communicate, they went their separate ways, to the different places around earth to settle, hence the different races and the different skin tones.

Granted I am not pressing my views of it, but I have heard it explained this way.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
When was the first humans ''put'' into this world according to the bible? And when was Tellus created?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
*reply to EtKenn*
I think Tellus is another term for Earth, like Terra or Gaia.

And actually I believe it says that God created human beings on the sixth day of creation. Whether that coincided with the removal of Adam and Eve from the Garden can be argued, I guess.

Like evolution?
Like microevolution, at least. The kind where wild dogs end up as poodles, but not the kind where monkeys become human beings.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
When was the first humans ''put'' into this world according to the bible? And when was Tellus created?

Technically according to the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first humans. The other humans came after they were banned from the garden, and the Bible does not even tell you where they came from so it is just thought that they were the kids...we are all related!

Eckhart_

TNT
I've always wondered about this but if Adam and Eve were both white. How did we end up with all the other races of people. ve never read much out of the bible so mabey it is explained somewhere.
I think the tower of Babel had something to do with it. Alongside what kainzo and Dazureus said. Remember things can differ from denomination to denomination leaving this question to be never really 100% answered.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Because of the sciences I have studied, I find it impossible not to believe! I forgot what its called but, you know how when substances turn its their solid form how they sink? Well with water, its the opposite, ice floats beacause a hydrogen exception to physics. This allows life on earth. Without water having the property of floating when its in its solid form, the oceans would freeze. Thoroughly. And all the alge would die, which make more oxygen then everthing else put together.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Technically according to the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first humans. The other humans came after they were banned from the garden, and the Bible does not even tell you where they came from so it is just thought that they were the kids...we are all related!
Oh great, we all relate from incest according to the bible. (If the first humans after Adam and Eve were their kids, the kids would have to mate with each other or the parents to continue the human race...)

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Because of the sciences I have studied, I find it impossible not to believe! I forgot what its called but, you know how when substances turn its their solid form how they sink? Well with water, its the opposite, ice floats beacause a hydrogen exception to physics. This allows life on earth. Without water having the property of floating when its in its solid form, the oceans would freeze. Thoroughly. And all the alge would die, which make more oxygen then everthing else put together.
This is a bad statement. Hydrogen is not an exception to physics. Solid Silicon will float on Liquid Silicon as well due to the differences in their density. Same with antimony, bismuth, gallium, germanium, and acetic acid.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
This is a bad statement. Hydrogen is not an exception to physics. Solid Silicon will float on Liquid Silicon as well due to the differences in their density. Same with antimony, bismuth, gallium, germanium, and acetic acid.
B

BUT, water is a neccesity to life! And it just so happens that s an exeption. What percentage of actual elements have that characteristic? And I remembered the name of the name of the exception. Its hydrogen bonding. And chemists have no idea why it is so.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh great, we all relate from incest according to the bible. (If the first humans after Adam and Eve were their kids, the kids would have to mate with each other or the parents to continue the human race...)
Basically yep.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
According to Genetic studies there is no relations to a person once you get out to 2nd Cousins. To reduce the problems of inbreeding the parents would need to produce as many offspring as possible as would the off spring with as many genetic differences as possible. They would all need to have children with every other person essentially.

B

BUT, water is a neccesity to life! And it just so happens that s an exeption. What percentage of actual elements have that characteristic? And I remembered the name of the name of the exception. Its hydrogen bonding. And chemists have no idea why it is so.
Water is only accepted as a necessity for Earth-like life. Other liquid elements could potentially produce other types of lifeforms.

As for why Hydrogen bonding is so significant for life on earth? It is due to the fact that it allows for waters' high melting and freezing points, it's expansion when frozen, waters extraordinary ability to dissolve things within it, and it's miscibility.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Exactly, so how could such an important substance develop a characteristic that allows life on earth? We have njo reports for any other life that is living outside of earth, do we yet ;)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
What does the bible says about other religions?
And how does most christians react to other religions?

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Exactly, so how could such an important substance develop a characteristic that allows life on earth? We have njo reports for any other life that is living outside of earth, do we yet ;)
The substance did not 'develop' the characteristic. The instant Hydrogen combined with Oxygen it had all of those characteristics. Also it is a matter of course that we have no reports of life outside of Earth. Do you know how big Solar System actually is? The local cluster? How about the Galaxy and the Universe? By the time we even get evidence of even microbial life it might already be extinct or even have developed into a species far more advanced than our own. Nothing states that there is or is not other life out there, we can not know unless we explore every nanometer of the universe for evidence. By the time we would even find the evidence it will probably have already been erased by simply erosion. Solar winds and all that.

Of course I'm not saying there was not some sort of intervention to make the development of life easier on this planet, I'm just arguing against that one post that stated Hydrogen was an exception to the laws of physics, which it wasn't.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
What religions in particular? People actually really open up to Christians. Even Muslims. My friend in the army that were in Iran said that Muslims do what hey do because that's what they believe. Its interesting really, when a christian group leader is in head of a squad in Iraq, they taught all the Muslims there about Christianity and and got less casualties. The people told them of I coming attacks and such.

That just what I've heard though. I personly just think that people believe what they've been taught. So, I try to reach out to them and teach them what I believe about Christianity.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
The substance did not 'develop' the characteristic. The instant Hydrogen combined with Oxygen it had all of those characteristics. Also it is a matter of course that we have no reports of life outside of Earth. Do you know how big Solar System actually is? The local cluster? How about the Galaxy and the Universe? By the time we even get evidence of even microbial life it might already be extinct or even have developed into a species far more advanced than our own. Nothing states that there is or is not other life out there, we can not know unless we explore every nanometer of the universe for evidence.

Of course I'm not saying there was not some sort of intervention to make the development of life easier on this planet, I'm just arguing against that one post that stated Hydrogen was an exception to the laws of physics, which it wasn't.
Well, I guess it better classified as an abnormality. excuse the way I put stuff on paper as well. Engilsh isn't quite my strong suit. What I ment was such an element with that perticuilar characteristic that we require to live is such a chance of becoming existent that what are the chances that god couldn't exist. Also, what's your major Ostadar ? I honor your knowledge of sciences!