• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Battle Cleric - Cleric Remake Suggestion

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
If you like the idea then please rate the post! If you have concerns, questions or comments please reply below!
This is a starting suggestion! All numbers are subject to debate and balancing, so please focus on the design and not the numbers that are already post. At the same time please feel free to suggest changes to the listed numbers with short(or long) explanations as to why.
"The Clerics of the lands have risen and fallen many times over the generations. Now after many generations the Cleric's has finally found their true faith and they march forward with their allies to victory" - Rebrith, Eldrylars

Cleric
A revamped core healer class for the Heroes system

The Cleric have found their true self and have been reborn as the battle ready beast of the shrine. Channeling their healing energy into their offense, the Cleric can fight in the midst of the chaos diminishing it's healing abilities or they can focus all their energies into their spells

Basic Information:
Type: Healer
Focus: Heavy Armor healer
Base Equip Weight: 45.25
Weapon: Hoe (Mace)
Golden Hoe
Base damage: 29
Per level damage: .3
Max damage: 49

Base Health: 637
Health Per Lvl: 3.5
Max Health: 861

Base Stamina: 1000

Base Mana: 948
Mana Per Lvl: 3
Max Mana: 1140

Strengths
Primary Healer with heals to span most scenarios.
Ability to swap from healing to melee damage.
Tanky.

Weaknesses
Spells drawn 10-20% of mana pool making mana hard to manage.
Only one ranged spell on a longer cooldown with a large mana draw.
Melee is limited unless the Cleric sacrifices most of his healing abilities.
Skills and functions are split between 5 attributes. Str, Con, End, Int, Wis.

Starting Attributes:
Strength: 3
Constitution: 2
Endurance: 5
Agility: -7
Intellect: 5
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: -5

Skills:
Level: 1
Tumble -

Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: PASSIVE Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: You are able to fall (0.1 per agility point) additional# blocks without taking damage.

SacredWord -
Mana: 90 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 3 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (75 + 2 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

Creature Lore –
Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: PASSIVE Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You gain .5 damage per level to melee attacks against MOBs.
Lore: The more you hunt down the denizens of the land the easier it gets as you learn their weaknesses.

DivineSpirit –
Mana: 300 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
The Cleric gains (10 + .5 per strength point) melee damage until the spell is toggled a second time disabling it. While Divine spirit is in use the Clerics heals are reduced by (65 - .6 per wisdom point) percent.
Lore: The Cleric channels the divine spirit into himself draining his magical abilities while boosting his own strength.

Guidance –
Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
All of the caster single target heals automatically cast on the targeted player until the spell is toggled off by casting it a second time.

Level: 5
Antidote -

Mana: 55 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 5 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: You remove any damage over time effects from your target (within 15 blocks).

Level: 10
Smite -

Mana: 120 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 12 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You deal a (80 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to your target and (120 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to undead targets, within 6 blocks.

Level: 15
HolyLight –

Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You project a ball of holy light out from you, healing the first party member hit for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health.

Level: 20
HolyAura -

Mana: 180 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 20 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
Radiating a Holy Aura, you heal all allies within 6 blocks (other than yourself) for (10 + 0.6 per wisdom point) health every 2 seconds. Any undead targets within your Holy Aura will also be dealt (10 + 0.35 per wisdom point) damage. Your aura takes 1.5 seconds to warm up and it dissipates after 16 seconds.

Level 25
Dispel -

Mana: 90 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 5 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Description:
You remove a magical effect1 from your target (within 12 blocks). Takes 1 second to warm up.

Level: 30
HolyWater -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 14 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You throw a potion of Holy Water at your target location. All players including yourself within 7 blocks are healed for (60 + 1.875 per wisdom point) health and the undead receive the same amount as damage.

Level: 35
SacredTouch –

Mana: 140 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 10 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
Your touch heals your target (within 10 blocks) for (190 + 4.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 3 seconds to warm up

Level: 40
Revive -

Mana: 175 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Min Warmup: 7.5 Reagent: Rose
Description:
You breathe life back into your target, returning them to the place where they died most recently (if you are within 50 + 1 per wisdom point blocks of their death). Takes 7.5 seconds to warm up and restores 500 mana to the target.

Level: 45
DivineBlessing -

Mana: 240 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 15 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
All party members (including yourself) within an 8 block radius are healed for (120 + 3.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up.

Level: 50
HolyInspiration -

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 45 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
Your target within a 7 blocks gains (10 + .5 per strength point) percent melee damage per attack for 40 seconds. The casters melee damage is reduced by (30 - .5 per wisdom point) for 40 seconds.
Lore: The Cleric channels the holy holy spirit into an ally enhancing his attacks, while helpful to his ally this effect is draining on the Cleric, sapping it's own melee strength

Level: 55
GuardianAngel -

Mana: 250 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 3 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: Cactus
Description:
Party members within a 7 block radius are invulnerable for 3 seconds.

Level: 60
SacredHymn -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You release a healing orb out in front of you, restoring (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects on the first party member hit.

Level: 65
FullHeal -

Mana: 350 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 20 Warmup: 4 Reagent: None
Description:
You restore your target within (8 + 0.15 per wisdom point) blocks to full health. If cast on yourself, you heal for half your maximum health points. Takes 4 seconds to warm up.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
**Reserved for edits***

Changes:
Pray –
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

To:

HolyLight –
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You project a ball of holy light out from you, healing the first party member hit for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health.

For consideration:
Smite -

Description:
You deal a (80 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to your target and (120 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to undead targets, within 6 blocks.

TO

Smite -

Mana: 150 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 12 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description: You deal a (80 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to your target and (120 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to undead targets, within 6 blocks and slow your target by 60% for 1.5 seconds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SacredHymn -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 3 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You bless your target (within 10 blocks) with a Sacred Hymn, restoring to them (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects.

To:

SacredHymn -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You release a healing orb out in front of you, restoring (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects on the first party member hit.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting...I'm up for a more rounded class rather than just, "I can heal....yay"

* Edit *

So...say the cleric had 20 STR:
49 + (20 * 0.35)
49 + 7 = 56

56 + (10 + (20 * 0.5)
56 + (20) = 76

That's berserker lvls of melee damage...I LIKE!

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting, but...

Non-neutral pronouns, worst post ever.

Seems strange, though, that you made the atk increase single target but smite AoE.
Smite is still single target... it says within 6 blocks because that's the range.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel guidance should be lvl 5 and apply to all healers, help resolve having 1000 keybinds. You set up 1 guidance per party member and profit.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
guidance would be really nice - anything similar to make single target healing more reasonable.

Id still like if each healer got 1 or 2 "skillshot" or non-lock on type heal / abilities just for funsies.

Here are a couple ideas for cleric stolen from other games:

Mark of penance: Launch a orb of righteousness fury at target foe. If struck, the enemy is wracked with the mark of the penant, causing slowness II and granting 15+(0.5*wis) healing to any ally who strikes that target with an attack (left click or ability) for 8 seconds. x mana, x cooldown (whatever is found to be balanced)

Well of communion (or just call it light well lol): You erect a well of communion at target location. An ally may right click on the well to receive the blessing of sacrament, which will restore 125+(2xwisdom) health over 10 seconds. Taking damage from any source will break the blessing of sacrament. the well will last for 20 seconds or until x blessings (based on wisdom?) have been received. x mana, x cooldown.

Healball - its a fireball, but it heals people instead of damage. also not on fire. nuff said.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Doable, but do you really want to skillshot your heal? XD

I would love one. It could be a bit better (in output, cooldown, mana efficiency, etc) than regular single target heal since it cant self cast and can miss. Would not replace all lock on type heals, just 1

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I would not be against a skill shot heal other then HolyWater.
Maybe changing SacredHymm to a skillshot?
Not saying it would be "against" anything, I'm saying would you really want to have to skillshot just to get your heals off?
(HolyWater need not apply, it has a range)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting...I'm up for a more rounded class rather than just, "I can heal....yay"

* Edit *

So...say the cleric had 20 STR:
49 + (20 * 0.35)
49 + 7 = 56

56 + (10 + (20 * 0.5)
56 + (20) = 76

That's berserker lvls of melee damage...I LIKE!

Exactly, it will sap a lot of mana to turn it on so it's not free and while using it you will have halved heals so there is a maintained penalty, but you will be able to actually do some left click damage for a change.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Level: X
Holy Nova -

Mana: X Stamina: X Cooldown: X Warmup: X Reagent: None
Description: You throw a ball of holy energy that explodes on contact; healing allies and harming others.

IDK...needs more damage skills :p

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Not saying it would be "against" anything, I'm saying would you really want to have to skillshot just to get your heals off?
(HolyWater need not apply, it has a range)

I don't think Dak was suggesting changing all spells, just a spell.
SacredHymm which is already a longer cooldown instant heal could have it's cooldown reduced and be changed into a instant cast iceball of healing with the same effects to the hit party member with a lower cooldown..

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Holy Nova -

Description: You throw a ball of holy energy that explodes on contact; healing allies and harming others.

Hehe, that would most likely push it a way to far overboard giving another AOE heal that also damages :eek: Beglaric Incoming! :eek:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I don't think Dak was suggesting changing all spells, just a spell.
SacredHymm which is already a longer cooldown instant heal could have it's cooldown reduced and be changed into a instant cast iceball of healing with the same effects to the hit party member with a lower cooldown..
I think he's talking about a new skill altogether. I'm saying do you want *any* of your heals as a skillshot?
With the rate that targeting fails, I can only see the rage a skillshot failing would bring.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Holy Nova -

Although I increased it's cooldown by 50% and it's mana cost by 20% I also increased the player damage by 40, bringing it back into the can actually be used against a player.

I don't think Cleric should be Bursty, more of a Bulky slow damage eh?
There is still the problem with players being able to easily run from a Cleric, I could increase the mana cost by another 30 and add a 1.5 second slow 3 to smite which would at least give a Cleric a chance to catch an enemy that has not gotten to far out.

Smite -

Description:

TO

Smite -

Mana: 150 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 12 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You deal a (80 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to your target and (120 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to undead targets, within 6 blocks and slow your target by 60% for 1.5 seconds.