• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Bash damage based on item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
"You deal 10 physical damage to your target and interrupt any spell they are currently using." - Bash Description

Bash deals damage based on the item you are holding. If you are holding a weapon, e.g. sword, it deals that weapons damage. Bashing with an iron sword out as a base warrior will deal 5 damage. Bashing with a diamond axe out as a dreadknight will deal 6 damage.
If you are holding a non-weapon, e.g. your fists, or an arrow, etc., you will deal the 10 damage. This means that bash only deals the correct damage when you are not holding a weapon.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Make sure they weren't wearing armor. Armor conflicts with Bash's damage.

Tested it on a dreadknight with 106 hitpoints and no armor. With my fist, it did 10 damage taking him down to 96. With my sword, it did 5 damage (the damage value of my sword) taking him down to 101. When testing with full iron armor it did 4 damage with fists and 2 damage with a sword.

I've also tested it on numerous mobs, and with various other things counted as weapons.

Need someone to double check this and confirm.

Retested with /hp command with both an iron sword and fists, aswell as full iron armour and no armour.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You should be able to use spoutcraft to see damage on screen.

Can anyone confirm with spoutcraft that it's dealing this different amount of damage in a stable testing environment?

Glent

Glowing Redstone
You should be able to use spoutcraft to see damage on screen.

Can anyone confirm with spoutcraft that it's dealing this different amount of damage in a stable testing environment?

I am using spoutcraft and tested it on mobs.

Fists, arrows, gunpowder, various other random junk: 10 damage

Iron sword: 5 damage

Iron pickaxe: 2/3 damage (don't remember)

Iron axe: 2 damage

etc.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
I can confirm this with spoutcraft, as a dreadknight with a diamondaxe in hand i deal 6hp dmg on a player without armor.
Well it says 6 on the screen when attacking.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
@Sleaker is this intended? On one side, i kinda like doing it depending on weapon damage... I think we may nerf it to 2 dmg with no items
There is one BIG draw back using just your hand, it also changes the range of the attack, so if you use tools it has a longer range, if you use a hand the range drops to about 1 maybe 1.5 blocks away from the player to get hit.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
@Sleaker is this intended? On one side, i kinda like doing it depending on weapon damage... I think we may nerf it to 2 dmg with no items

Maybe if it was like, weapon damage x2 or x1.5, but if it's just weapon damage that is kind of rubbish to be honest.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Never mind the fact that its an interrupt and causes silence...

If the interrupt triggered spell cooldowns - as is in herocraft, if you interrupt a spell it can start being cast again instantly and the mana isn't spent, so it's only really good for things like group teleport or recall, rather than a combat ability.

That said this isn't a suggestion thread, just for pointing out this bug.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm for the triggering cooldown thing, imo. If it was possible, make it so that if it successfully interrupts a spell, then the caster is silenced for x seconds (similar to the way counterspell worked in WoW...)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Bash takes 10dmg for me using a Diamond Sword, so the only good thing to use it for is fighting Casters and healers (Stop Bolt, Heals, groupteleport and other warmup skills).

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Fixed bashes damage, I wasn't adding the player as a spell target properly. And Bash does not silence. It is an interrupt (something we added recently) - it will only interrupt skills currently being used (there is no silence effect at all)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Fixed bashes damage, I wasn't adding the player as a spell target properly. And Bash does not silence. It is an interrupt (something we added recently) - it will only interrupt skills currently being used (there is no silence effect at all)
Bash was a clone of kick, I thought we had left in the the silence portion but only set it 50ms... I havent looked recently ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.