• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bards - Worst support skills?

malmenca

Diamond
I think Bards should be made to be more support oriented rather than 1v1 oriented. As the wiki states, "The Bard is a Support class that specializes in group heals/buffs." If we are specialized in buffs, why are the buffs we have the worst of any class?

And we aren't even a 1v1 class, otherwise wisdom would actually benefit us, and chakra wouldnt absolutly suck.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Decay - 196 damage over 21 seconds
SoulLeech - 150 damage over 18 seconds
Empathy - Max 192 damage

Your missing something about HealingChorus, or just not including it. The DK's main damage other than harmtouch is DoT's. I'm not sure the CD on HealingChorus, as I never played a bard, but it removes negative effects according to the tool-tip. Now that would definitely cut the damage of a DK by quite a bit.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
And we aren't even a 1v1 class, otherwise wisdom would actually benefit us, and chakra wouldnt absolutly suck.
Exactly. Bards are a support class, they work well in groups. If it is a 1v1, they typically won't do very well, because of how the class is layed out.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Your missing something about HealingChorus, or just not including it. The DK's main damage other than harmtouch is DoT's. I'm not sure the CD on HealingChorus, as I never played a bard, but it removes negative effects according to the tool-tip. Now that would definitely cut the damage of a DK by quite a bit.
It doesn't remove all of the negative effect. But after Bards use all our moves, we are out for the rest of the fight, depleted in mana and in stamina.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I did play bard for a while. And while supporting a group pvp'ing after the nerf, it seemed useless to use my buffs when there was a beguiler in our pvp group as well. So I thought "Well shit, this sucks." With bard being a support class, all the other class that don't specialize in buffs, are more efficient with them.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
And perlmutter. I think a DK can easily 1v1 a bard with only his axe, bash and harmtouch.

F

~Falker57~

Okay so why are you saying Bards are useless support classes when they have a shiton of aoes PLUS group buff skills

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay so why are you saying Bards are useless support classes when they have a shiton of aoes PLUS group buff skills
I never said they are useless, I said they are outclassed by other classes with similar skills. The combined power of all of Bard's aoe skills is a mere 225 damage. If I were to use all 3 aoes I would be left with 2/20 stamina (Thats without providing any buffs to myself or party members) and around 50% mana.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bards, by design, have group buffs that are very short in duration and low in cost. These skills are meant to be "Twisted" or "combined" to form a song/melody - obviously some of this isnt possible in MC - but that is the basic setup of the class.

Bard's are also meant to be a jack of all trades. They should be able to touch down on most all aspects of gameplay but not "master" any one of them.

malmenca

Diamond
But they don't, The "jack of all trades, master of none" Doesn't apply because bards suck at most everything they do. Unless you seriously enjoy micro'ing your character and staring at the chat bar waiting for "Your hero feels less smart" or whatever stupid shit it says when u lose a buff, then the class isn't very much fun or very good.

malmenca

Diamond
If we analyze each "trade" a bard can do;

Healing capability: Healing song: 50hp Terrible

Damage: 70 w/ disc Meh, for a rogue a little low. Mediocre

AoE: Pulse and IcyAura 70 flat dmg, and 35dmg ticks every 2 seconds for 6 seconds=105 Sonicboom=85dmg+ silence. I Very much like the Aoe ability of the bard but it isn't all that powerful for the amount of stam and mana it consumes. Pretty weak

Buffing: Wisdom grants absolutly zero benefit to the bard, might is okay, Quicken is a nice utility spell. Meh

Tanking ability: Non-existent.

What do they do that's even half decent? Please let me know if I missed a "trade" that the bard can do.

malmenca

Diamond
And why is the premise for a class in the heroes plugin for minecraft based around "Bards, by design, have group buffs that are very short in duration and low in cost. These skills are meant to be "Twisted" or "combined" to form a song/melody - obviously some of this isnt possible in MC - but that is the basic setup of the class."

If it isn't possible in minecraft, then wtf?

HEY GUYZZ LETS MAKE A CLASS WITH IMPOSSIBLE DESIGN GOALS!!!!111!!1!!1!@!@!!!

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Bards are actually decent at what they do. You guys whine and complain because they aren't OP. Then you whine and complain when they are. Learn how to play a support class. Bards aren't Katarina, they don't get pentakills. Plus why don't you use multiple songs at once? Try to play as a bard would. They aren't going to take down a dreadknight with a fricking jukebox people, why don't you try singing him a lullaby? He could fall asleep!