• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Barbarians ''suckerpunch''

thewhizkids

Soulsand
Barbarians suckerpunch skill will automaticly get used on the caster if there are no other targets, It is also usable on fellow party members, while it should only be usable on enemies.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm just going to say that there is a large amount of skills like this, and I have a feeling it's the same bug on all of them. If I had to guess, the targeting could be fixed with -to, but that's only if the dev coded it with the parameters.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I'm just going to say that there is a large amount of skills like this, and I have a feeling it's the same bug on all of them. If I had to guess, the targeting could be fixed with -to, but that's only if the dev coded it with the parameters.

Entire reason for this is because, for whatever reason, Heroes changed the way it handles targeting between MC1.8 and 1.11.

unknown.png

^ You'll notice it has SkillType.DAMAGING, which in the Conquest version of Heroes would stop an ability from self-targeting. For whatever reason, this has changed (Conquest's version of Heroes was modified from the last public release for MC1.8) and you must also add SkillType.NO_SELF_TARGETING. For whatever reason, damaging abilities also now affect party members even when explicitly tagged as damaging. Hell, I only just found out this latter part; I was told this shouldn't be happening ;p

I didn't actually make any changes besides necessary fixes between Conquest and now, so most Conquest skills are going to be buggy in terms of plugin mechanics until they all get reported and fixed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Entire reason for this is because, for whatever reason, Heroes changed the way it handles targeting between MC1.8 and 1.11.

unknown.png

^ You'll notice it has SkillType.DAMAGING, which in the Conquest version of Heroes would stop an ability from self-targeting. For whatever reason, this has changed (Conquest's version of Heroes was modified from the last public release for MC1.8) and you must also add SkillType.NO_SELF_TARGETING. For whatever reason, damaging abilities also now affect party members even when explicitly tagged as damaging, despite certain remarks to the contrary.

I didn't actually make any changes besides necessary fixes between Conquest and now, so most Conquest skills are going to be buggy in terms of plugin mechanics until they all get reported and fixed.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Yeah, we changed targeting systems so that skills could no longer be name bound, but could be given targeting parameters like -to and -tp.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Yeah, we changed targeting systems so that skills could no longer be name bound, but could be given targeting parameters like -to and -tp.

I'd honestly prefer being able to set a skill's viable target range in the code with something like setTargetRange(TargetRange.ENEMY_ONLY). Would preserve being able to heal non-partied players if you wanted while disabling hitting your party members, although that might cause conflicts with /party mode pvp. The logic of that could easily be changed, though.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd honestly prefer being able to set a skill's viable target range in the code with something like setTargetRange(TargetRange.ENEMY_ONLY). Would preserve being able to heal non-partied players if you wanted while disabling hitting your party members, although that might cause conflicts with /party mode pvp. The logic of that could easily be changed, though.
That would be amazing.