• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balancing

My opinion on dragoon: The class has too much armor for the amount of damage and mobility it has. The class has 9 damaging abilities. My recommendations are to reduce the base armor the class has, add a reagent or a warmup or more stamina to jump, and rework dragon dash because it seems to launch you over 50 block sometimes.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
My opinion on dragoon: The class has too much armor for the amount of damage and mobility it has. The class has 9 damaging abilities. My recommendations are to reduce the base armor the class has, add a reagent or a warmup or more stamina to jump, and rework dragon dash because it seems to launch you over 50 block sometimes.
I have mixed opinions on this, but its not OP xD

Last edited:

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Im glad this is a suggestion and all you havta say is lol.

Honestly they really do have too high dmg for being tanky and having all this gap closer. Something needs to give with this class. But you know it would be awesome if the balance team would actually you know balance things but nahhh that doesn't make sense.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
All I have to say is:

FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK DRAGOON IS OVERPOWERED.

Just two weeks ago, everyone was in agreement that Dragoon was the weakest class,(THERE HAVE BEEN NO CHANGES TO IT) but now, because Goons are the best early-map class, people seem to think it's overpowered, it really isn't.

Paladin is Fucking crazy OP, as it always is. People always forget about this though because it's generally more widely played later on in the map.

Avoir

Obsidian
First off dragoon has 3 dmg Abilities worth using, strike, piercingstrike and lunarlance. Not only does dragoon have stupid stamina cost but it has an unreliable skill such as dragondash, the class has been nerfed armour and dmg wise. If anything dragoon needs a slight buff on impale and spear, a fix on dragondash would be great.

PS: you made this thread because you got stomped by better players, a good paladin, disciple, dk , actually pretty much anything can kill a dragoon.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
PS: you made this thread because you got stomped by better players, a good paladin, disciple, dk , actually pretty much anything can kill a dragoon.

Exactly, it's only because a lot of the best PvPers go Dragoon early on, which always makes it seem OP. In actual fact it really, really isn't.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
People complain about dragoon, what happen to complaining about paladin? and bloodmage? and beguiler with its 3 CC's?

It doesn't matter what MD thinks of dragoon, fact is that it is too tanky for the amount of mobility and DragonDash is broken.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
It doesn't matter what MD thinks of dragoon, fact is that it is too tanky for the amount of mobility and DragonDash is broken.
It's DPS can majorly be summed up to the 'state' of strike. Right now strike completes all of it's damage over 3 seconds, when it is supposed to go over a longer duration (15s). Meaning the damage you can output from strike's DOT is tripled (5s CD on strike).

This strike 'bug' is also partially the reason Paladin in OP (and the short divine stun CD)

Now for dragondash, it is very wonky at the moment. It is suppose to bring you to the target and slightly knock them back. Instead it will usually completely overshot the dragoon; sending them flying. Now that people have gotten use to the behavior of the skill they are using it to escape, or 'juke' people.

Fixing dragondash will reduce their 'escapability' and actually do what the skill is meant to do

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!

add a reagent or a warmup or more stamina to jump.

It does matter what 'MD' thinks, as virtually all of our members were regularly playing right up until the end of Haven, you were not, which means we have a better understanding of current classes.

Everyone is aware that DragonDash is not working correctly.

Dragoon is not too tanky, it has incredible stamina problems(It is supposed to be mobile, but after using 3 skills you can't sprint), and as I have already pointed out, in its current state Dragoon is incredibly weak after the first few weeks of hunting down low-levels. So to suggest a nerf to it is a laughable prospect.

Also, If you were not a support class right now epic, I very much doubt this thread would have even been made. Dragoon loses in a 1v1 to any other Warrior, believe me.

You're just bitching about the weakest class because you died to someone playing it.

Last edited:

szatanista

Soulsand

please stop you are just making yourself look ... funny. As most of the people here already said: Dragoon is good early on, later in the map he gets rekt by most of the classes*. Just accept that you got wreck by someone better. Insted of wasting time here go get lv 65 and wreck that dragoon so he know whats up

*Not healers

It does matter what 'MD' thinks, as virtually all of our members were regularly playing right up until the end of Haven, you were not, which means we have a better understanding of current classes.

Everyone is aware that DragonDash is not working correctly.

Dragoon is not too tanky, it has incredible stamina problems(It is supposed to be mobile, but after using 3 skills you can't sprint), and as I have already pointed out, in its current state Dragoon is incredibly weak after the first few weeks of hunting down low-levels. So to suggest a nerf to it is a laughable prospect.

Also, If you were not a support class right now epic, I very much doubt this thread would have even been made. Dragoon loses in a 1v1 to any other Warrior, believe me.

You're just bitching about the weakest class because you died to someone playing it.
Correction I got to level 45 Dragoon before I managed to get my hands on another codex to switch out, BTW.
And how does stamina issues make it not tanky? Most dragoons build lots of endurance to regain the stamina faster, and yes jump uses around 5 bars of stamina but if you don't spam the skill you can use it efficiently and with the 1 hour agility buff from disciple, there is no catching up.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
theres so many classes that shit on dragoon, druid, wizard, necro, beguiler, paladin, probably dk, probably berserker, dragoon is actually weaker than most classes because it trades off some of its ability to fight for the ability to chase and run, in teamfights dragoons have no purpose at all because someone can peel better than them, other classes can tank more, other classes can do more damage, tell me what a dragoon's purpose is rather than running around the map killing lower levels

RoflcerOfDaLawl

Glowstone
Correction I got to level 45 Dragoon before I managed to get my hands on another codex to switch out, BTW.
And how does stamina issues make it not tanky? Most dragoons build lots of endurance to regain the stamina faster, and yes jump uses around 5 bars of stamina but if you don't spam the skill you can use it efficiently and with the 1 hour agility buff from disciple, there is no catching up.
Regarding your argument of the "disciple buff", the logic just makes no sense here. The same argument can be made for any class that relies heavily on agility, for example ranger or ninja. Therefore ranger and ninja are overpowered too? No.

It's not that dragoon is overpowered in this scenario, but rather the combination of dragoon and disciple is.

As for the tankiness of dragoon, it's nonexistent in my opinion. Dragoon is not a tank, Unless you're willing to sacrifice lots of agility and strength allocation points for endurance and stamina to get a decent hp pool and armor set. But then it would simply be a subpar paladin with no heals or stuns but mobility instead.