• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balancing mana, skill and healing in conjunction with health change

R3xz

Glowstone
Lol long title i know.

I feel that this is needed after the new health system was in place. Healers are now nerfed, and Kainzo said it himself that he wanted to increase the usefulness of healers and create more of a dependence for them. And this I agree, parties should now have a strong desire for healer, and a healer should have a their place within every combat group.

However, currently, the large health increase rendered mana as well as healing and damaging skills insignificant. If we are to have such a limited mana pool, our skill should do more damage and heal more. If the mana pool is to remain at 100/100 right now, then mana cost and cool down should at least be reduced for skills so that they can be used more often instead of once every minute. I'm not talking about powerful skill like revive, replenish or invulnerability, i'm talking about the bread and butter combat skill such as basic healing, caster's basic offensive abilities as well as utility spells.

For an example, Druid's pray heal for 5 hearts, this is 10 health if i'm correct. What used to heal you 50% is now 10-20%. The funny thing is, people can still carry around soup with them en masse, so they can do the same thing healer can do, only they can spam it and heal themselves more effectively when they needed to.

That's just one small example, i'm pretty sure other healers and casters will agree that the health change made melee classes even more OP than ever before. Their health increased by a lot, especially warriors... while everyone's offensive capabilities remain the same. The sad truth is, melee has always been the better offensive weapon, compare to offensive spells, and they can deal more damage than a healer could out heal. If we were to work on balancing this issue, the only way to do it is to increase spell damage, and the effectiveness of healing spells.

It's pretty shoddy for attack skill to be out performed by sword spamming, especially when they requires a decent chunk of mana, placement/positioning and they have pesky cool down on them. Whereas a melee class could just jump in circle flailing their sword around at random and still probably deal more damage.

I agree with this completely. I m a cleric and right now I'm feeling like a made a poor decision rolling healer. Im lvl 29 atm so i guess ill just stick with it till 50 and switch to rogue or something because right now healers aren't viable nor that useful.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
PS: casters are suposed to have The Highest damage, And still we can only use 1 attack spell and a stone sword? -.-

Wizards have wooden swords D:

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Rather then increasing Damage for the skills I would promote lowering C/D and the mana cost for spells so the casters can hold their own a bit better.

I see the caster as not the class to fire off a couple skills and the enemy is dead, that would be foolish and quite OP. A caster is someone who uses his spells to outmanoeuvre, incapacitate, and then strike his foe down.

Currently our mana does restrict us from being as tricky as we could be though, it also restricts us to short battles before we fall. Any fights that goes longer then 20 seconds I have to backpedal for about 30 seconds or so for my replenish to recharge so I can continue the fight.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I have to agree with Dom on this one. It would be more fun to not cast one spell....wait.....repeat.

Because right now my rotation looks like.

Manashield -> Bolt -> Replenish -> RunRunRunRun ->