• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Team Rework

Do you agree with the suggested rework in the OP?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Something needs to change, but I'm not sure what

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • It's fine as is

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

ShizzDawgg

Godly
But no, really, in all seriousness, the balance team is doing fine as is. We test classes by pretty much evaluating how much armor/health/mobility/buffs/debuffs/damage they have. When their is an outcry in the community about a said class being op by multiple people, it's looked upon, trust me. @c12095 is probably the best person on the server to lead the balance team, and he has most of the tc test classes with him to determine if classes are op or not. Some changes may not occur for a week or 2, but it all revolves around Kainzo's schedule. Seriously though, the balance team for this map was only started up like a week or 2 ago or something, give something time before you won't a total rework of how shit gets done. :p

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
But no, really, in all seriousness, the balance team is doing fine as is. We test classes by pretty much evaluating how much armor/health/mobility/buffs/debuffs/damage they have. When their is an outcry in the community about a said class being op by multiple people, it's looked upon, trust me. @c12095 is probably the best person on the server to lead the balance team, and he has most of the tc test classes with him to determine if classes are op or not. Some changes may not occur for a week or 2, but it all revolves around Kainzo's schedule. Seriously though, the balance team for this map was only started up like a week or 2 ago or something, give something time before you won't a total rework of how shit gets done. :p
The balance team do, do a good job. But I feel that some of the changes either too slow(like the bloodmage buff), and some are too rushed(like the warrior dmg buff and necro drainsoul nerf).

It would be great if the balance team relooked into those two rushed changes, as I feel that strike and bash deals too much dmg right now. Strike deals 144 dmg, very low cd, low stam usage, bash deals 101, low cd, low stam usage.

Drainsoul deals 136 dmg at lvl 60, 116 at lvl 1. 7s cd, 22 mana.
Based on the damage necro has right now, you need about 25-30seconds to kill a warrior spec. Due to not only have a weak dps, but also due to going oom right before killing your opponent. Whiiiiich, is often giving the opponent too much time to kill you.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think we can make the balance area viewable but not postable unless on the team. I'll work on this later when time permits or @Alator can wrap his head around it.

Just to note: the balance team doesn't implement changes - they will make recommendations to myself, which are in most cases "sound". Some things are thrown in or are untested - Pyromancer/Runeblade etc were all implemented by myself and were stated as "untested" etc. We're just now getting into the swing of things for this.

In addition - the balance team is expanding. It is not limited to any group of players, etc. If you feel your application was overlooked, please tag Alator - he will make the right call.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmmm, what if before they released content they open the test server to a larger group (outside of the balance team) for a duration. Kind of a beta testing. Watch what happens on a large scale by random people. Limit the amount of people that can be a certain class, so that every class gets played by an even number of people. Then have a feedback forum for the people to comment on the material being presented. The balance team would then use the feedback to tweak the content. This way the community could get a chance to express their opinions before things get sent live. Or possibly give test server invites for random people of a certain class so they can play what their class will become and comment on it.

edit-or even a spectate option to watch the balance team do their job.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Hmmm, what if before they released content they open the test server to a larger group (outside of the balance team) for a duration. Kind of a beta testing. Watch what happens on a large scale by random people. Limit the amount of people that can be a certain class, so that every class gets played by an even number of people. Then have a feedback forum for the people to comment on the material being presented. The balance team would then use the feedback to tweak the content. This way the community could get a chance to express their opinions before things get sent live. Or possibly give test server invites for random people of a certain class so they can play what their class will become and comment on it.

edit-or even a spectate option to watch the balance team do their job.
It's currently available to everybody that's whitelisted I'm sure. You'd have to ask Kainzo for the ip though. It's on the balance team section of the forums, but I'm not entirely sure if he wants it to remain private or openly available to the public.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I think we can make the balance area viewable but not postable unless on the team. I'll work on this later when time permits or @Alator can wrap his head around it.

I think I got this to work. Can a member check that:
  1. You can view the Balance Forum
  2. You can't post or rate anything in the Balance Forum

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
@Kainzo it appears the "Revoke" and "Never" options both override the other permissions. That's a backend thing that goes beyond my knowledge, heh. (Unless I missed something else, which is 100% possible)