• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Backpacks

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
I have been considering purchasing a backpack from the store. I'm wondering though, does it only add inventory slots?

darkbalde2040

Legacy Supporter 7
yea you type /backpack and it generally just adds extra room to store things super useful if you are a miner or hailing a lot of stuff.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It's purely extra on hand storage accessible with /backpack. On death, it does not go into a death chest.
For some people, the up to 6 rows of additional storage to carry is indispensable.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Backpacks seem cool, but... can someone who uses backpacks a lot speak to whether or not backpacks have been buggy lately? I am a little mistrustful of them - I heard stories of backpacks being wiped for no apparent reason, amongst other bugs.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Backpacks seem cool, but... can someone who uses backpacks a lot speak to whether or not backpacks have been buggy lately? I am a little mistrustful of them - I heard stories of backpacks being wiped for no apparent reason, amongst other bugs.

I use backpack often and haven't had problems with it.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
My wife has had no problems this map that i am aware of. I would still only use it to bulk store cobble / wood and other stockpile type stuff personally, just as a precaution lol. But it seems very valuable for that purpose.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I also have a backpack and use it all the time to store cobble, wheat, etc... saves me trips back and forth to my chests and is awesome for resource runs to Ruins - where Drop Transfer doesn't work between worlds. I added a macro to my = key for /backpack -- makes it a lot easier to use. Just need to get into the habit of using it.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks for the feedback - I suppose if I only use it for cobble/dirt/etc, then that's fine.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Thanks for the feedback - I suppose if I only use it for cobble/dirt/etc, then that's fine.

I've filled it with valuable stuff as well when needed - if you get killed in pvp you probably won't be able to get your death chest back anyways so it doesn't matter if it drops on the ground or into a chest.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
if you get killed in pvp you probably won't be able to get your death chest back anyways so it doesn't matter if it drops on the ground or into a chest.
Off topic with this thread... but I find deathchests to be extremely valuable in PvP.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I bought the 27 slot backpack. I haven't used it much but I don't regret my purchase and it has been handy for mining. I have had problems with it resetting and probably lost more than I gained from it. Although this has apparently has been fixed and it hasn't reseted for a while. If you have the money then go for it but donor perks would be a bit more useful.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I got a backpack for free with my supporter tier- it's paid for itself time and time again when mining, basically allowing for a non-stop marathon through the ruins without ever worrying about running out of room to store the goodies, or stopping to smelt. I've yet to see it glitch- knock on wood- but it's important to remember it won't go into your death chest, so if you're in a hostile environment, keep valuables out of it as much as you can.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I got a backpack for free with my supporter tier- it's paid for itself time and time again when mining, basically allowing for a non-stop marathon through the ruins without ever worrying about running out of room to store the goodies, or stopping to smelt. I've yet to see it glitch- knock on wood- but it's important to remember it won't go into your death chest, so if you're in a hostile environment, keep valuables out of it as much as you can.
/skill track Aerokii :D
Seriously, though - thanks for the input!