• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

At the risk of being beaten in a corner...

Forim

Stone
I've no clue as to whether or not this is taboo or not, so if it is, just tell me and I won't do it anymore.

I do so admire the way you've set up your Heroes classes for this server, and would myself sign up and play on your server if I wasn't currently hosting and paying for a private server for my friends and I. The last time I signed up for a server and started playing on it, my users had thought I abandoned them because I simply never returned until the world reset and I returned to my friends so I could pass the time getting over my lost progress. That said, you might understand where I'm coming from.

But I'm getting off topic. I'm not going to try to do anything fancy with words, but rather be straightforward with my request. Would it be too much to ask to receive a copy of your Heroes classes, skills, and other configuration settings to use with my friends? We all loved Heroes when we used it, but ended up abandoning it for other plugins because of my skills at creating sensible and fun classes (or lack thereof).

I am more than willing to comply with any conditions or constraints you may put on me if you decide to give me these files, including, but not limited to, keeping the files private (I'll not distribute them by any means, because I myself can understand where you are coming from.) and not telling anyone the source of the files (if you value such privacy).

Additional reasoning behind my request:

One of the most stressful issues during my experience with Heroes is the enchanting dilemma. I'm one of the many Heroes users who simply cannot perfectly tune enchanting to not be exploitable or unusable, which is why I also asked for your configuration.

The default skills are fantastic, but it seems every time I attempt to install skill packs, the plugin fails to load, and I'm sure the creators of the plugin know exactly what they're doing. Also, I looked over your patch notes and am interested in some of the other additions to the default I see. This is why I asked for your skills folder.

Final words:

To conclude, I do dearly wish you would consider my request even though it's quite unorthodox of you to do, I'm sure. I simply struggle to give my users the ideal RPG experience in Minecraft. We're currently using mcMMO, which is a great plugin, but i'm looking for something a little more RPG-like and not just a plugin that gives bonuses to your most common activities.

You can send me an e-mail at [email protected] (but tell me that you've sent it via this thread because I never check my e-mail unless told I have something to check).

Thank you for your tolerance of my little intrusion.

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
We have not, nor will we ever, release our configuration files. They are what makes HeroCraft unique and if we opened them to the public anyone could have their own 'HeroCraft' server.

Forim

Stone
I'll respect that decision with one inquiry: Although your configuration (which I'm assuming is setup and options) is private, your classes are public on the wiki. For my convenience, are those yml files available?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'll respect that decision with one inquiry: Although your configuration (which I'm assuming is setup and options) is private, your classes are public on the wiki. For my convenience, are those yml files available?
These files will never be available and are under copyright along with our private plugins and source of Heroes. You may use Heroes on your server