• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Armor Weighs You down! [Bukkit Plugin]

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
Hi there,
I recently experienced a high demand on moving advantages/disadvantages for Rogue/Warrior specs. I also so some people mentioning moving speed, so I remembered back to this plugin. It is really awesome, as you can see in the demonstration video. It has 3 functions, Sinking Boats, Pistons that throw you in the air, and armor that weighs you down.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...craft-feel-a-bit-more-real-or-not-1185.23075/

The Idea in this would be that heavy armored Paladins would be way slower than a swift Ninja/Ranger with only leather on him. You can also adjust the amounts of speed penalty by armor and you can disable/enable the different functions. I tested it on a test server, and it works fine. You give each armor piece (f.e. leather boots) a certain amount of weight, and depending on this it will weigh you down.

Wich means, later in the game, a paladin wont be able to run after a thief so fast, and rouge specializations would have more agility options. I also like the piston jumping, but that is how I already mentioned optional and more kind of a fun feature.

Please look at the thread and maybe consider adding it (maybe even into heroes??), I, and I think many more people would really like this as a balancing plugin wich makes both PVP and normal gameplay more balanced/real.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Sleaker

Retired Staff
The plugin would make HeroCraft shit itself even more than it already does, on top of causing conflicts with Heroes. It's one of those things that we can't do with how the skills currently work without a lot of extra overhead.
Right now armor is already marginally less useful because of how quickly it breaks with modified damage values. Further limiting it's effectiveness seems like the wrong thing to do. Perhaps the roguish classes just need a speed boosting skill all around?

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
The plugin would make HeroCraft shit itself even more than it already does, on top of causing conflicts with Heroes. It's one of those things that we can't do with how the skills currently work without a lot of extra overhead.
Right now armor is already marginally less useful because of how quickly it breaks with modified damage values. Further limiting it's effectiveness seems like the wrong thing to do. Perhaps the roguish classes just need a speed boosting skill all around?

That would also be great and wanted. Many people want thiefes(soon-to-be ninjas) and ninjas to have jump, or some kind of a mini-jump for more agility..