• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Armor Mitigation DIscussion

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Why should you have to change class cause you don't play in a group? Every class should be viable in every situation. Some classes can excel in groups and be less good in solo, but should always be viable.
Because Minimike I am glad you asked basing pvp balance off 1v1's is more stupid than me hanging myself because someone on the internet told me to.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Why should you have to change class cause you don't play in a group? Every class should be viable in every situation. Some classes can excel in groups and be less good in solo, but should always be viable.

You don't have to class change, you just need to pick and choose your fights/terrain to battle on. Your expectation is ridiculous if you believe every class should excel in the same areas and have no counter/weakness toward other classes. Bards for example are in a perfect position, even with the armor nerf. They can excel in team fights, but be "alright" in solo play (they have to work harder and pick they're battles wisely). Classes can always remain viable, just in different scenario's this can change, and it is up to the player to adapt.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You don't have to class change, you just need to pick and choose your fights/terrain to battle on. Your expectation is ridiculous if you believe every class should excel in the same areas and have no counter/weakness toward other classes. Bards for example are in a perfect position, even with the armor nerf. They can excel in team fights, but be "alright" in solo play (they have to work harder and pick they're battles wisely). Classes can always remain viable, just in different scenario's this can change, and it is up to the player to adapt.

Well there is your problem. Balance shouldn't be solely based off solo play alone, but you need to look at the group play aspect of a class as well. This is a MMORPG server, solo play can be punishing. Some classes excel in solo play, some excel in group fights. Every class should have a purpose and should be distinguished between those two areas. If you want to "solo" play, well go play a less punishing class like a dragoon...bard can excel in group fights.

This post makes it sound as if you want people to change class to something else just because of orientation. If I wanna solo play a support class it should be able to be done. Not well mind you, but possible. You're correct about picking fights though.

I think the main problem with support classes is they seems to be wanted to be balanced for group fights where AoE's and focusing happens, but need to also get balanced for 1v1's, but those feel like an afterthought.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Don't argue to buff your own class
While yes im pushing for a bard buff. Im pushing for it to return to something a majority agreed was ok. Im not asking for damage increases, and more this and that. I think that the nerf was a little too hard to them. I actually dont like any of the armor nerfs since it feels that the warriors now reign supreme. But I guess I'll take my not balance team approved opinion and just wait to see what happens. I usually wait to see what happens before judging, but this armor nerf felt too quick to placed on live.

*Also, why not? If it's a valid argument you can argue for a buff to your class.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
It was a test run too see if it worked properly and if there were any bugs

Delikin

TNT
I've seen many of you comparing DK/Reaver with other classes by saying it has a higher damage output, and because of this you're saying it needs an armor nerf. DK/Reaver only have their true damage once every 15 minutes, which usually means you'll only ever get to use it once during a battle.

Other than that it doesn't have much going for it other than to be tanky and hope you can just barely sustain throughout the fight. It has no mobility, no cc, and barely any slow. It needs its tankiness to be a viable class.

At least once every 15 minutes in o chat i always hear someone complaining about some class that's "OP" or "Needs a nerf". Well in one case this may have been true atleast once (Old Sammy) most of the classes now are in decent spots in balance comparison. People need to understand that if a ninja knows what they're doing 9 times out of 10, he'll be able to 1v1 a caster. Or if a bard/cleric combo is buffing a group of warriors, they're probably gonna beat that other group of warriors without buffs or healers. Most of our classes are balanced from a situational standpoint.

The reason I've made this post it because I'm asking you to really think about how classes are supposed to bounce off each other to become better, whilst at the same time counter eachother in different ways. Everything is situational, and unfortunately no matter how you put it, somones always gonna be stronger in a certain type of gameplay. It just depends on how and where you best use your classes.

(Sorry if i messed up spelling somewhere, typing this up on my phone. )