• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Arenas: Add Them to the Main World?

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
So I was discussing with various other people in O chat about HeroCraft and it's current state. One of the topics that popped up was arenas. Arenas, to some may have been a godsend. However, with it being in a different world, no one wants to go there. Why?

For one, people want to stay where they are and get some quick PvP action without moving. I mean, it's simple human nature. Like a /pvp warp on a factions server. They don't want to travel to spawn, using HeroGates or buying ports to spawn and such. Here's an example:

Say someone goes mining. Maybe they're getting a little bored. But if they want to have some PvP they have to go all the way to spawn just to go to the arena. Even then, no one will be there. So the miner recalls and runs in circles around their town, before logging off.

Of course someone could just say "Stop being lazy and just walk there to PvP!" Well, would you do that? No, you'd want it to where you could type in /arena join and get a match right away.

As well as that, the portal is so obscure that some people don't even know about it. If it was a command, newer people would have knowledge about it and go ahead and type in /arena join as well.

A good example of how successful putting it in the main world is the Visions server. For about 3 days tons of people were on the test server just doing arenas. That was because if they died they could just type /arena join and go again.

@werwew19 @FrankyDemon1996 @Kainzo

I'd like a healthy and productive discussion going on below :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not interested in adding these to the main world, however, a command will be used to "jump to" arenas from anywhere on the main world.

Reasons for not being added directly:
1) lag happens on the main world far often
2) dupes can occur in arenas affecting the economy greatly

Plum__

TNT
Not interested in adding these to the main world, however, a command will be used to "jump to" arenas from anywhere on the main world.

Reasons for not being added directly:
1) lag happens on the main world far often
2) dupes can occur in arenas affecting the economy greatly
Are you saying that arena's cause lag? or that the main server lags sometimes making the arena PvP laggy as well...

I don't have an argument or anything, i just want to get a clear understanding of what your trying to say.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Agreed. You basically explained the reasons I had to que everywhere, if their is a way to do it properly it needs to be done. Due to this like nobody is doing arenas and I expected a lot more. I think a good reason for that is because it is on a different server.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I mean the community wants this in the main world and the two reason you just gave aren't that big of an issue to be honest, we experience lag with or without the arena.

But what does the community know right? This is kainzocraft after all, lets just sit back and watch it burn.
Can't you just be happy that arenas are here and that they're working on a command to let you just jump into them?

Are you saying that arena's cause lag? or that the main server lags sometimes making the arena PvP laggy as well...

I don't have an argument or anything, i just want to get a clear understanding of what your trying to say.
I would guess the main server Lag's often and that adding arenas would either worsen it (Due to people jumping in and out) or the lag from main would hurt the Arenas (We've all tried to fight when there's lag about. It's not pretty)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

There's no "lag" on arena in the respect to no entities, etc.
The only thing linked on the arena server is currency and there are no dupes for that. However, when we had arenas back in the old days, there were massive dupes with it being on the same linked items.

Removed Franky's nonsensical posts.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
There's no "lag" on arena in the respect to no entities, etc.
The only thing linked on the arena server is currency and there are no dupes for that. However, when we had arenas back in the old days, there were massive dupes with it being on the same linked items.

Removed Franky's nonsensical posts.
I got a solution make all the tools and weapons there wooden state, no one is gonna wanna take the time and effort to dupe wooden swords and axes, yw this great idea was by MunchlaxHero. Vote for MunchlaxHero for President