• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Archmage_lloyd's Mod Application

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Okay, let's try for real this time.
  1. Minecraft IGN: ArchMage_Lloyd

2. Position applying for: Moderator

3. Age|Timezone: 19 || GMT +/- 4:00 (Canada, Ontario region)

4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Since January 24th, 2012 (1 year and 3 months )

5. Why do you think you would make a good mod?
    I know what is required of me to become a mod, I have tried to deny the system by trying to play the game and focus on doing my current staff job, which is being a Guide in tour chat. I'm not saying it cannot be done, I'm saying that it is difficult and we often find ourselves enveloped in this game, enthralled by it, addicted to it. However I know that there are things I must give up when becoming a moderator, things such as good friends who you would do a lot for - but as a Mod I'd be unbiased, taking no sides and doing what is asked of me by other staff. I also know that I can't be more of a player as a moderator, as it takes away I could use to help the server; and efficiency is something I prefer, because it's pointless to work hard if you are not efficient when doing so.

However; unlike efficiency, working hard also has its rewards. Due to me trying to work hard for a year (not including the mugging incident) in tour chat, I've realized that the more I work the more focus I have, I can pay attention longer, and remember things for a longer time. For instance, I know most of the petition commands, I know a lot of the mod ~AND Admin commands. I know basic player commands and I can recite them all as well, I have tried over and over again believing that this time, it will change. I know how to deal with punishments, and I have seen some of the bans, and heard of people exploiting who were banned for it. I've read every ban appeal for the last 4 pages; studying them and finding patterns and knowing who to establish as a threat and who's safe as it was a one time thing. You would not believe how many posts I read a day, I like to read the lore, I pay attention to suggestions, I read off topic and general and I try to read the wiki (thought its not being very responding to me in particular: gives me some kind of connection error 3/4ths of the time) Being a Moderator, I know well that it is a responsibility provide for the common good of the server by upholding the rules and helping people as much as I can in the mean time.

Essentially I am giving up my time as a player and I'm trying to focus spending all my time on Herocraft to helping. Using everything that everyone has taught me. Even with some people against, they have their opinions, but I don't mind those opinions being there because I take from them and try to improve on what they say; I will take it all as a suggestion, then in 2-4 days I will bounce back, trying hard to take their advice to heart, because it helps me as a human being grow. And who's to say we won't make mistakes, I guarantee you that anyone and everyone had all made a mistake once in their lives, even computers do, but if I ever make one, I will learn from it, as I always have, and I will store it within my memory and remember it. I'm very sensitive about my mistakes, but I don't erase them; again, I take from them what I can and retry without the mistake. Whether it be spelling or information, I will be at least 8/9 times right. I only want whats best for the server, and I believe, as a moderator, I will have a chance to truly help out; not as a power hungry maniac who will sabotage the server - god no - why would I ? Other wise I would not even make this app. I will be efficient. I will work hard. I will learn from anything and everything I can learn from.
  6. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
Again, humans make mistakes, its our nature, so excuse me if you find anything you feel is untrue, I attempted my hardest to put a great application in to your hands, and I hope you read it. As for the additional info, I have been put down (not that harshly, it was actually quite fair what they said) and told that I have to change to become a moderator, and I was told the duties of a moderator. I work to change, to become as close to something worthy of moderating as possible. Even then, part of me is still ArchMage - Or Zoltan ( Hello there ;) ) But Arch has good qualities

-I have never willingly broken the rules.
-Always in tour, helps everyday
-Active (unless mugged)
-Easy school works (less homework, still a bit sometimes)
-Hacked school's LAN so I could access Herocraft online's forums
-Reads the forums all the time (more than you know)
-Reads the rules, studies them and stops people from breaking them before they realise they are (unless they grief or do that anyways, then its not my fault <---- BUT I wish to prevent the grief, and all the rule breaking)
-Fairly good role model
-Doesn't overuse / use much bad language,
-Doesn't rage (I do when its a dramatically okay or ironic moment, but that's fake, and in another chat.)

There is no right or wrong. I am not the right choice for moderator, I hope you agree with my by the statement, "I am a good and fair choice for moderator"[DOUBLEPOST=1365030740,1363151155][/DOUBLEPOST]Edited to be the rough copy I had on me the whole time (which is now the good copy).
Also, BUMP

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Location & Age: Canada, 19
Jan 24, 2012
Age|Timezone: 17 | GMT
Feb 25, 2012
Age|Timezone: 17 | GMT +/- 4:00
May 31, 2012
Age|Timezone: 17 | GMT - 400 (Canada, Ontario)
Oct 3, 2012
Age|Timezone: 19 | GMT -400 (Canada, Ontario)
Nov 19, 2012
Age|Timezone: 19 GMT -/+ 400 (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
Tuesday at 9:26 PM
Age|Timezone: 19 || GMT +/- 4:00 (Canada, Ontario region)
Thursday at 12:12 AM

Just throwing this out there, you seem to have an issue getting your age correct. If you're lying to us there how do we know you're not lying now about other things? We need to know we can trust our moderators and you're not doing yourself any favours at the moment.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Hmm, I thought a problem may occur
Thats fine, I will explain as best I can.
My Real Age is 20 years of age (Just turned on April 5, so prior to that I was in fact 19 like most applications state.)
As per everything the: 17, those were mainly mistakes when I entered them. I use my numpad for these numbers as I do for all numbers, and I am prone to getting these mixed up like you would not believe (clearly as you do not) .
The 17 parts I can say that I am sorry for - I know this may affect my application, and you may not believe me - but I have not been lying, just been carefree making mistakes. I am sure about my age; It IS 20 years of age.. I was careless and let these mistakes occur without checking my work.

I will be honest here, I thought I had made previous mistakes, and I thought If I did make mistakes anywhere, they will bite me back later, so - This is not rehearsed, I'm glad to say.

If you believe that I am lying -you can discuss things with me in game and find out for yourself. And if you think it doesnt add up. I will do nothing to stop you from carrying out any form of punishment you feel is appropriate. Whether its wrong or right isn't my choice to make and I will keep any opinions to myself.

I would honestly never even attempt lie on this server about anything. I hold this server so close to my heart that to jeopardize anything by my fault- I would strive to make right. I have told the truth up until now, and I will continue to do so later - with my careless mistakes coming back to haunt me or not (Of course, the only thing I have ever lied about on this server is mining 7 stacks of gold.)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Your original application to the server was posted on January 24th 2012 in which you state you are 19.
Location & Age: Canada, 19
But here you state you have not lied about anything on this server...
the only thing I have ever lied about on this server is mining 7 stacks of gold.
You said here that you have just turned 20 on April 5th
My Real Age is 20 years of age (Just turned on April 5
How is it that you have not lied and yet have still been 19 for a year and 3 months?

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Huh, So my whitelist app has made mistakes too. Yes I was 18 at the time of whitelist, then I turned 19 on April 05 2012
Then I became a veteran on Jan 24th 2013 exactly - still 19 - then I turned 20 this very April - 2 days ago - Making me 20 years of age. I even own an apartment, and split my time between 2 jobs and school.

I don't know how I can make myself seem not stupid after committing this much carefree mistakes, the fact that I made them in the first place - Not due to lying but due to both user and computer input errors makes me feel like a complete buffoon - However I made this mistakes while being carefree - not deliberately setting up an elaborate plot to sabotage everything I have worked for that reason.

I do not hold any emotions but confusion towards this - I guarantee you.
Thank you.

Edit: I'm telling you, these keys are close together its easy to commit a slight mistake - and I don't look over my work every single time. So again- believe what you will about me, I will tell the truth even here.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Just out of curiosity, if you're carefree about your mistakes when making an application, how carefree would you be as a moderator making likewise mistakes?

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Well, I was carefree about my mistakes because I had not known I had made them - user error - as If making a mistake on an exam - I did not know I made the mistake, until I received the report of it after words. As for being a moderator - I would try to have absolute care because I know its something I have to take seriously. Thats not stating that I was not taking anything seriously up until now - dear lord no. I took things very seriously, but these are not the test results I was looking forward to - its like getting a 60% on a test you thought you knew like the back of your hand.
I have made my fair share of mistakes because I'm human and I have the ability to make those mistakes - However I also have the ability to correct the mistakes - as I am trying to do so right this very moment by trying to explain my side of the events.
I will give full attention as a mod because I know nothing less is expected.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Well regardless of anything - As it seems what I never thought I did came after me - and it was in fact real.

I guess I'm sorry for making terrible and careless mistakes. I really can't say anything other than that, that you would find acceptable.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So I heard a rumor recently and did a bit of digging with the help of some others and we found this.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OMCKwyTWYN8J:herocraftonline.com/main/threads/archmage_lloyds-application.13010/ &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If it was a mistake and you had no idea you had made it then why did you edit your original application to state you were 19 instead of 15? When both of which either differ from anything else you've posted or contradicts what you have previously stated.

I would also like the point out that this page was cached on the 19th of March 2013 so you have edited your app within the last few weeks. So you clearly are not being truthful here.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Clearly not - as I said it was a mistake even originally. I'm trying to be truthful and I appreciate your digging. I would have it no other way personally. My original app was also a mistake which I was prone to make mistakes. I cannot be more honest in saying this as final 20 years of age - Apartment - in a relationship - Have a dog. I can give more, but more will not suffice. I only made that edit a few weeks ago as it was wrong. And clearly in me doing so, I knew I may get caught, as for the others I knew of nothing. If you want my real age - its on my profile - which you no doubt can see.

I indeed edited that application - as it was incorrect. And I miss edited it to another incorrect numeral. I am telling you, I am not a liar and however much I can refused to be called one. I trust your judgement over my inability to process simple numerical mistakes.

Listen, I don't care what you have to do to me, and I don't care how much you think I'm lying. I'm coming clean with this, and only this : I have honestly tried to fix the mistake I was evident at. and I honestly tried to cover somethings up. Clearly I am not being truthful according to you, and clearly me trying to cover it up, dangles my very existence on this server. I probably have done other things. I guarantee you that no matter what happens I will remain 20 years of age. Regardless of a ban (which I am sure to get, for making mistakes and trying to cover them up from proper authorities). What ever you choose to do, I will hold my head up high, and know that my 1 year and 3 months here was a good one, I know for a fact I'm 20, and I know that I use numpad and make mistakes - I cannot go back to that excuse however legitimate it is. I Know what my punishment is even if I do not fully deserve it - or in your case - I do. I will hold my head up high and say this a last time - 20 years of age. I use numpad. I am prone to mistakes with numerals. And I don't check my work. That's why my top math mark was only a 68%. I can explain things to you which you would never even need to know about me.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Honestly - If you want keep digging - I want to see how many mistakes I made before I cause myself to stop looking at this. I can't even look in the mirror properly because I made mistakes I feel ashamed for.
Continue if you will please, I need to see all of this and well - wash myself of my sins - even if most were accidental. - And then receive a punishment - which goes in hand with the situation.

EDIT: What ever you do - I will still do my best to help out the Herocraft Community as a guide in tour - whether that is taken from me or not - and whether I am banned or not. I know I did not lie and I made mistakes, otherwise I would have known that because I have a guilty consciousness. Believe what you will this is still close to my heart and I will do whats right no matter what you come up with.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Regardless of a ban (which I am sure to get...)
Nothing you have done here is worthy of a ban and I'm not quite sure I know where you got the notion I was going to punish you. While yes I have pointed out what I believe is you lying to us that is only to show that I personally do not trust you enough to take a position as a moderator, however ultimately the decision to promote you is not mine. I just felt it was necessary to bring what I know and have found to light.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I just have the slight feeling I was going to get punished is all- After all, I did read the rules and unwillingly broke them which cascaded into this snowball of a mess. And I gave you my side as to why I seemed like I was lying, though one of them was surely an editing mistake - which could hurt me a lot. I'm not so sure I will be seeing the server's light on the side of moderating. I do highly appreciate you shedding light to this though, as I would much rather be denied through everything you can throw at me, than be accepted with an easy A.
Honestly - Thank you. I fully mean that.
This was my fault and I admit to that - even if a portion of it was mistakes.