• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [AOE Buffs] scaling

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Suggestion;

+Have it so each AOE buff scales with the amount of people it's affecting within a party
+increased cost cast per person it affects (10-15 mana/ stamina extra per person) (option 1)

OR

+Decrease effectiveness of buff by 5-10% per person (option 2)

Thoughts;

This change would help prevent teams of 5+ stacking buffs such as heals enabling them to be next to undefeatable as well as help reduce the buff spamming making teams actually concuious of which buff to use and when.

Notes;

This change would effect any AOE skill that;
+Heals
+Buffs defensive stats
+Buffs offensive stats

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Suggestion;

+Have it so each AOE buff scales with the amount of people it's affecting within a party
+increased cost cast per person it affects (10-15 mana/ stamina extra per person) (option 1)

OR

+Decrease effectiveness of buff by 5-10% per person (option 2)

Thoughts;

This change would help prevent teams of 5+ stacking buffs such as heals enabling them to be next to undefeatable as well as help reduce the buff spamming making teams actually concuious of which buff to use and when.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by buff. In my mind, I think of buffs as something that aids to the offensive/defensive stats of a class. If you are talking about heals as well, (which I think you are) I think it's an alright idea, but would needed to be tested a lot.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I'm not quite sure what you mean by buff. In my mind, I think of buffs as something that aids to the offensive/defensive stats of a class. If you are talking about heals as well, (which I think you are) I think it's an alright idea, but would needed to be tested a lot.

Yeah, I'll edit the OP to make it more clear but I am intending to have this change made to any skills that aids in terms of heals as well as defensive or offensive stats.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
RIP 10v10 bard.

Anyway, I see this really only helping balance the heal skills. Most other group buffs aren't that strong to the point of making a fight last forever/making a fight insanely fast.

AoE Heals prolong fights for a long time, and combined with others sure they never end. But the other buffs don't do that on their own.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
RIP 10v10 bard.

Anyway, I see this really only helping balance the heal skills. Most other group buffs aren't that strong to the point of making a fight last forever/making a fight insanely fast.

AoE Heals prolong fights for a long time, and combined with others sure they never end. But the other buffs don't do that on their own.

My whole thoughts on this is to actually help balance out the strength of such big parties without lowering the party count within them. Currently all it seems is that the bigger the party, the bigger the chance of winning apposed to the party with more skilled players within them.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
My whole thoughts on this is to actually help balance out the strength of such big parties without lowering the party count within them. Currently all it seems is that the bigger the party, the bigger the chance of winning apposed to the party with more skilled players within them.
While I understand that, I still believe that it's the vast amount of mana-efficient spammable AoE Heals floating around, not the buff/debuff skills.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
While I understand that, I still believe that it's the vast amount of mana-efficient spammable AoE Heals floating around, not the buff/debuff skills.

The whole point of this change is to look at what is recovered and gained within different party sizes. Currently, the HP and mana recovered between different sized parties are extremely far apart due to there being no disadvantage of being in a full party apposed to a party of 5. My whole aim is to try and even out the total heals/ buffs between different party sizes. Let's look at healing for example;

Party 1 (has 10 players)

Currently heals throughout party per 10 seconds; 3000
Heals throughout party after change per 10 seconds; 1500
Healing per player within party; 300 --> 150

Party 2 (has 5 players)

Current heals throughout party per 10 seconds; 1500
Heals throughout party after change per 10 seconds; 1500
Healing per player within party; 300 --> 300

This whole principle can be applied to mana recovery, skills that improve damage, skills that negate damage by a % ect to help even out team based fights making it more about skill rather than who has the most support classes.