• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Anti-xray issues

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
This is the image after I actually found the redstone. I only noticed it when I walked on it. I then light it up more and 1 dissappeared again.

Attachments

• 2011-07-13_18.00.07.png
    2011-07-13_18.00.07.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 38

Demonxman

Obsidian
I can't even find the coal I left on the ground..... I'm not sure about this anti xray deal.... it seems a bit unfinished and flawed.

Ginzuishou

Legacy Supporter 3
I just came back to the spot where sarelth took those pictures at...there was light and all the redstone was hidden. It took me 8 torches around the group of redstone with 3 torches having to be placed on the redstone to get it to reappear.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
lol i have to adjust my mining methods too...
i normally dig for 5o blocks in darkness and then throw down torches haha

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
I ran through an unexplored cave for 15 minutes, tossing torches as I went, and there were 0 ores because of the plugin.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
I ran through an unexplored cave for 15 minutes, tossing torches as I went, and there were 0 ores because of the plugin.
Same thng happened to me, I was at y14 and it was in a remote part of the map so i knew for a fact that it was previously explored.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
First of all: This ruined I think one of the best things about this map; the amazing cave systems throughout it. My ore is glitchy and I usually have to wait up a few seconds staring at a wall after i mine an ore to see if more will show up. Now I see a cave, and immediately leave it because it is just a waste of torches to even try to find ore in them. This plugin kind of ruined mining, and now I get flashbacks of RS, because they ruined the game in order to fight cheaters. I dont want it to become like that in this game too. The plugin is effective, but is also effective in making legit players not want to mine anymore.

My vote: revert back until a decent change has happened to the plugin. Maybe, instead of 1 block away, they would load when you were like 10-15 blocks away. That way they would be there when you got close.

Demonxman

Obsidian
yep. if I see a cave while branch mining, I'll quickly make walls and a ceiling on my tunnel and keep tunneling. I won't even try to explore caves now.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
It's all for the legit players. I would hate to think they made this plugin to punish both x-rayers and legit players.

For now until they get things worked out you'll either have to resort to another method of mining or stay logged out until things change.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Gotta say, as effective as this might be (is it?) against X-ray'ers, it certainly isn't any good for the rest of us.
I don't mean to criticize while offering no better alternative, but I don't know of any alternatives..

Kinda breaks the game from the way it's meant to be made.
I understand on this server there are certain aspects of the game which are no longer "Minecraft" but rather an alternate version of Minecraft; however, in this particular case I think it's going to far.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We won't be removing this method of anit-xraying. Sorry.

We will be tweaking it in the future to have less impact on normal users - but too long we have stood idly by allowing these methods of attack.

You have absolutely no idea how determinable xrays are and allowing them fucks an economy.

Demonxman

Obsidian
ores prices are going to skyrocket because you can't just tunnel into a large cave and hope to find anything when this plugin is flawed :(

strip mining and branch mining I go!!!!

FFLaguna

Legacy Supporter 5
Cave mining was profitable to a lot of people, me included, as it was easy to find them nonstop by using the [F3] command. Too bad that will be gone, but regular branch mining is nearly as profitable, anyway.

The sadness I feel to see my method gone is severely outweighed by the happiness that xrayers are no longer able to xray.

Thank you to the staff, a hundred times over.