• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Anti PvP Logger Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Recently I have noticed that people often logout when they see someone before they enter combat, this method is cowardly and should be punishable.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/combattagplus.4775/
With this plugin the issue can be fixed without damaging the player base because it only keeps the player logged in as a npc for 10 seconds and which should be fine for people who want to log out regularly.

Thoughts @Kainzo @Admins?

Written by @MunchlaxHero cause but he's too lazy to post.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Recently I have noticed that people often logout when they see someone before they enter combat, this method is cowardly and should be punishable.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/combattagplus.4775/
With this plugin this can fix the issue without damaging the player base because it only keeps the player logged in as a npc for 10 seconds and which should be fine for people who want to log out regularly.

Thoughts @Kainzo @Admins?

Written by @MunchlaxHero cause but he's too lazy to post.
We may be able to integrate this into Heroes, but we definitely arent adding yet another plugin.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm pretty sure we have used this before and it only made people angry. I for one think logging out before combat is perfectly acceptable if you see 5 people running at you.

You clearly accomplished what you want through digging a hole under them where they logged off and waiting.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
It is illegal to log once combat tagged; there is nothing wrong with doing it before hand. Cowardly, maybe, but legal. If someone doesn't want to PVP, compelling them to do so doesn't serve the Herocraft community, IMO.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Indeed, we have a Combat system. Hit someone, they log, they die. We don't really need more than that.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
But how hardcore is it for players to easily avoid death, and losing their items?
Please stop throwing around the term "hardcore" everywhere. It's a word, and it's clearly not been the goal of HC to make everything as hard as possible.

If it were, we'd take it to its natural conclusion of permadeath, or the less ban-y equivalent of lose all levels on death.

Notice how we haven't.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
fool you're t10 hop on the pet and you're out of there, no plugin changes that crap

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Well Kainzo said we may be able to do this, recently the server has seen to appealed to more PvE orientated players so doing this would help with the PvP players, I have learned that there needs to be a balance and recently with the dungeons being majority PvP off this would makeup for that.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Well Kainzo said we may be able to do this, recently the server has seen to appealed to more PvE orientated players so doing this would help with the PvP players, I have learned that there needs to be a balance and recently with the dungeons being majority PvP off this would makeup for that.
The combat system has nothing wrong with it. It has worked for years. I know this is wanted for an easier way to get gear, but didn't thataintfalco say we are hardcore and need to make it harder? If this were to be pushed in then the time frame the NPC would appear after death would be no more than 2 seconds like it used to be(because I am 100% sure we have done this log off method before) and even then you will run into the same issue, but at a slightly lower rate.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
The combat system has nothing wrong with it. It has worked for years. I know this is wanted for an easier way to get gear, but didn't thataintfalco say we are hardcore and need to make it harder? If this were to be pushed in then the time frame the NPC would appear after death would be no more than 2 seconds like it used to be(because I am 100% sure we have done this log off method before) and even then you will run into the same issue, but at a slightly lower rate.
What is this issue that made us remove it? All I can see is a solution that will stop people logging out whenever they see someone, this server has PvP, surprisingly, and with it we should have plugins that support it and not limit it, like people logging out.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
What is this issue that made us remove it? All I can see is a solution that will stop people logging out whenever they see someone, this server has PvP, surprisingly, and with it we should have plugins that support it and not limit it, like people logging out.
Best way to support PvP is to allow people to gather and level until they're comfortable with fighting others.
Worst way to support PvP is to add additional means that people cheaply die.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Best way to support PvP is to allow people to gather and level until they're comfortable with fighting others.
Worst way to support PvP is to add additional means that people cheaply die.
Cheaply die, most people have played on servers where this is a thing, majority of people that I see logging out are veterans that know this plugin is not in tact, I can see that no matter what you will disagree with this post, now you guys are just coming up with ridiculous reasons, legit no one so far as given a clear reason why it should not be implemented.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Cheaply die, most people have played on servers where this is a thing, majority of people that I see logging out are veterans that know this plugin is not in tact, I can see that no matter what you will disagree with this post, now you guys are just coming up with ridiculous reasons, legit no one so far as given a clear reason why it should not be implemented.
Oh yes, all those Bastion vets are just clamoring for this plugin that wasn't in at that point to exist.

What happens if you implement this? The people who would have logged now either:
Still log, die, and call it a cheap death, possibly leave.
Run, die, and basically continue the above.
Maybe fight. And probably lose, considering they were otherwise considering logging off to avoid the fight.

Forcing people into death won't revive your precious PvP. Getting people leveled, together and willing to fight will.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh yes, all those Bastion vets are just clamoring for this plugin that wasn't in at that point to exist.

What happens if you implement this? The people who would have logged now either:
Still log, die, and call it a cheap death, possibly leave.
Run, die, and basically continue the above.
Maybe fight. And probably lose, considering they were otherwise considering logging off to avoid the fight.

Forcing people into death won't revive your precious PvP. Getting people leveled, together and willing to fight will.
I completely agree.. the addition of this new plugin would only players mad, and that will eventually lead to them quitting the server. People only log when they see people like MunchlaxHero or anyone else who targets noobs.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
The only thing I see as being necessary is the death upon logging while IN COMBAT. Everything else is just too much, and is going to have backlash.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I did state a reason in my first post I believe by saying it only made people angry. Let's do some math. When you see a group of people that want to kill you, they are normally 3-4 seconds away if not more based on ones render distance and stuff. This means that the only way you would kill/tag them is with a fireball or a far ranged projectile. If you want an alternate solution, go find things about deathchests being available for everyone. If someone was in a voice chat with another in the process of logging off, then all they need to do is ask if they died and if they died they log back in, retrieve death chest and then may or may not repeat.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
We've been over this topic, while it is a cool idea to have -- and I agree with the reasons to have it -- the cons outweigh the pros if implemented blindly.

Pros:
Players stay logged in for 10 seconds. (adjustable) Which, means that player should think before they logout. This will make it easier for PVPers to jump someone fairly and not have (literally) almost everyone they jump try to ninja log to avoid it. (I seriously think this is a major issue.. that said.)

Cons:
Noobs and people who logout like that, WILL rage about it, and it will cause a pretty big backlash, as others stated, mostly because they're probably going to get gang banged by a bunch of gang bangers who're meaner, tougher, and stronger than them.

People can logout not knowing they're about to die.

Mobs kill players who logged out occasionally.

Suggestion to implement properly:
IT should only affect players who have already entered combat recently, like a 5m timer saying you were in combat recently and cannot logout immediately.

This will still affect people leveling but seeing as how we have the dungeon system it will be much rarer. (Because they can be grinding or in other words doing something productive and be in combat then get jumped.) I see it working for those people.

Additionally; mobs shouldn't 1 shot the NPC versions of the player during that 10 second window, how you might if it was a pvp combat log.

I would also wager to discuss removing the insta-death from logging with the 10 second timer, given two more circumstances in mechanics:

1) Does the NPC get affected by knockback and/or
2) is it a statue?

If it is not affected by KB and works like a statue, we should remove the instant death from logging out, and make the timer 15 seconds.
If it is affected by KB and does not work like a statue, we should leave the instant death from logging out, and make the timer 10 seconds.

But, only if the rest of the above suggestion is considered mechanically speaking.

/discuss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.