• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Animals De-spawning

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
So attempting to make a cow breeding farm and noticed that even with breeding my cow numbers weren't increasing. I understand there is a breeding limit and can't have more than 20 in a chunk. But it appears that having any amount over 15/20 causes some to just straight de-spawn. I noticed because we had 10 cows in one chunk and 14 sheep in another and minute or two later they would just disappear. Almost seemed like it was trying to even them out the chunk with 12 would lose 2 and the chunk with 10 wouldn't lose any. Farmers are already limited in breeding amounts but not being able to use multiple chunks really hurts this even more.

@Kainzo told me to bug report it

@MajorasMask Was there too, and after calling me crazy witnessed it himself

EDIT: Thought might be townships thing, so went to pve and checked in wild and still happened.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah. I used /skill summoncow just recently and the cow instantly disappeared.

EDIT: I just had around 8-10 baby cows just vanish on me.

EDIT 2: Sheep do not disappear.

Last edited:

trapzor

Iron
Confirmed

I tested this by putting cows in individual pens, one cow per pen. With 12 cows, after 20 mins or so, 3 pens were empty, though I did not move from the spot -- they just disappeared.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Can also confirm. 5 - 10 cows disappeared while I was trying to breed.
Wasn't a mob wipe as the others were still there and no warning was given.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
It appears to be affected when breeding in that chunk. I have a system where I breed to the limit, and pass cows down into a main chamber. This main chamber was actually full until I tried to breed further, straight up 1/2 of the cows disappeared. A frustrating class has only been further rendered useless now.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
With the armor balances and most classes losing gold, leather cost has gone up. Would be great if we could actually breed cows and farm leather rather than them being taken into nothing never to be seen again...

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
With the armor balances and most classes losing gold, leather cost has gone up. Would be great if we could actually breed cows and farm leather rather than them being taken into nothing never to be seen again...

Oh no, of course not. Farmer was designed with the intention of being near useless, and the one time we can do something to use our class...we can't.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So attempting to make a cow breeding farm and noticed that even with breeding my cow numbers weren't increasing. I understand there is a breeding limit and can't have more than 20 in a chunk. But it appears that having any amount over 15/20 causes some to just straight de-spawn. I noticed because we had 10 cows in one chunk and 14 sheep in another and minute or two later they would just disappear. Almost seemed like it was trying to even them out the chunk with 12 would lose 2 and the chunk with 10 wouldn't lose any. Farmers are already limited in breeding amounts but not being able to use multiple chunks really hurts this even more.

@Kainzo told me to bug report it

@MajorasMask Was there too, and after calling me crazy witnessed it himself

EDIT: Thought might be townships thing, so went to pve and checked in wild and still happened.
Yeah. I used /skill summoncow just recently and the cow instantly disappeared.

EDIT: I just had around 8-10 baby cows just vanish on me.

EDIT 2: Sheep do not disappear.
Confirmed

I tested this by putting cows in individual pens, one cow per pen. With 12 cows, after 20 mins or so, 3 pens were empty, though I did not move from the spot -- they just disappeared.

We've made adjustments to prevent this -- give it a try on the next restart.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
We've made adjustments to prevent this -- give it a try on the next restart.
What adjustments exactly? Is there supposed to be a limit, if so, what is it? How does it work?

Is there a limit to the PHYSICAL number of cows in a chunk, or just to the amount in that chuck established via breeding?