• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

An Idea for Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You guys must have a soft spot for this guy since he's LO, but step back and examine what he said and the tone he used to say it. He is new to the server, and he created a post in which he complained about getting killed and blamed the skills that are easily avoidable in his situation. Understand that some people might find this irritating.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
^^^^^^This guy is absolutely right ^^^^^^^

There are no one who stand up for new players anymore, there are NO benefits to be gained from doing that. Being evil gives you a higher amount of kills which appearently is the most important thing in the world for some people. We need karma or a placeholder system that supports Good actions (Helping new players etc.) and gives negative traits for evil actions (Mass-Murder, killing new players). I mean, this is Hardcore, but remember that the main element is RPG. You shouldn't be able to murder a hole town and then just walk away like nothing happened.
I agree

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
You guys must have a soft spot for this guy since he's LO, but step back and examine what he said and the tone he used to say it. He is new to the server, and he created a post in which he complained about getting killed and blamed the skills that are easily avoidable in his situation. Understand that some people might find this irritating.

I'm currently townless, and have no affiliation with any current town or kingdom. I'm also currently guildless, although I'm planning on making a newbie-helper guild very soon (Just need one more member and I can make a topic, shameless self bump ho!). I have a soft spot for the guy since I'm not a PvP person, something that many people on this server DON'T have a soft spot for. He joined a town to get away from it, but is still being affected by something he wanted to escape. That's all. Easily avoidable? Yes. Your tone while telling him so? 'Condescending' is putting it mildly.

I understand that as a relatively new player on this server, I haven't grown jaded to the constant cries of frustration by new players like you oldbies have, so that's why I'm sticking up for 'em while I'm still idealistic. I'm sure I'll have your viewpoint in a few months. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my naivety.

There are no one who stand up for new players anymore, there are NO benefits to be gained from doing that. Being evil gives you a higher amount of kills which appearently is the most important thing in the world for some people. We need karma or a placeholder system that supports Good actions (Helping new players etc.) and gives negative traits for evil actions (Mass-Murder, killing new players). I mean, this is Hardcore, but remember that the main element is RPG. You shouldn't be able to murder a hole town and then just walk away like nothing happened.
I once asked in the chat why people wanted to PvP in a game that was originally designed for mining and crafting (Hence the name Minecraft). I never did get a straight answer, although I was asked what I was doing on a hardcore PvP server if I didn't want to PvP.

I remember seeing somewhere on the wiki (Can't find it now, might've been removed) that the server was supposed to be a mix of PvE and PvP, a nice balance for people seeking either or. Since quests and dungeons aren't implemented yet, what currently IS in the server is a heavy slant towards PvP, with PvE being just a means of levelling up to PvP. Those of us newbies who aren't properly levelled will always have a hard time against those who've mastered several classes and know the ins and outs of the system. Those of us with lag will always get trounced by those without. Considering that PvP seems to be the cause of much grief in the game, I'd happily join a permanent non-PvP class if I had the opportunity, but unfortunately I don't. So I'm a Dragoon, since it makes running away easier.

The karma system will be interesting, but I doubt it'll change much. This is the internet, where people revel in being evil for various reasons (Evil is cool, I guess? Although evil is also hella petty). I wouldn't be surprised if, after the karma system was released, the majority of players on the server will be evil. Look at the number of evil towns and guilds. It's just for the Evulz.

Imagine a newbie being ganked by a neutral player, who then proceeds to fight completely half assed in order to get killed by the newbie in self defense. The newbie is then labelled as evil, when it wasn't really his fault in the first place. That's one of the problems I can see with the karma system.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7

No like when I played I shit you not, my total amount of kills, my kd ratio, and my ELO were the most important things ever

EDIT: kirinelf No offense, but you are a noob. It may not be best for you to remain townless... lol. or guildless. You learn much more when you hang out with others.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
kirinelf No offense, but you are a noob. It may not be best for you to remain townless... lol. or guildless. You learn much more when you hang out with others.

I prefer to call myself a newb. A newb is willing to learn, a noob isn't. And no worries, I don't intend to remain townless or guildless. I have a town in mind to join once I get enough money to not have to worry about the taxes, and will be creating a guild of my own once I get enough interested members. The hard part is finding someone who won't kill me on sight.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
I prefer to call myself a newb. A newb is willing to learn, a noob isn't. And no worries, I don't intend to remain townless or guildless. I have a town in mind to join once I get enough money to not have to worry about the taxes, and will be creating a guild of my own once I get enough interested members. The hard part is finding someone who won't kill me on sight.
use o chat

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm currently townless, and have no affiliation with any current town or kingdom.
I wasn't addressing you when I said "You guys must have a soft spot for this guy since he's LO." Although, everyone who "doesn't like PvP" seems to overlook the guy's tone in the OP. Super annoying. That is why I was condescending in my response.

In the end, PvP is a part of this server, and you really do just have to deal with it.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Karma is supposed to mesh the PvP gankers with the builders by providing incentives to stop slaughters. But it hasn't been implemented yet, and it will not likely be for a really long time.

FaroFazi03

Stone
Faro don't leave... I can help you build a tunnel with lights and furnaces connecting to the underground city. Its only two raiders, they can't reach you underground and you can do your crafting and alchemy stuff down there.

That not it, the point of living in the uper city allow me to have the room to design, to show what I can do. underground you cant dig too far down or you cant dig too hight...your stuck with limits

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
That not it, the point of living in the uper city allow me to have the room to design, to show what I can do. underground you cant dig too far down or you cant dig too hight...your stuck with limits

Faro if you're looking for a larger plot with less limits speak to me in game or in a private conversation. With Kingdom regions around us, I'm sure we can figure something out for you.

FaroFazi03

Stone

Why they have a soft spot for this guy?? He's LO?? No...if your from my city if you spin time with this guy. You would see I would great firends, you would see I replant after I am done taking from it. When someone need help I try my best to be there helping them with there project. When we get new members to the city i live. I would make a welcome chest with a starter kit and a heal potion. I do more for people then attacking others. Its not cuz im on LO that they have a soft spot, it is cuz I care for them more then any guild member on your team put togeather.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Regardless of why they have a soft spot for you, they do, and they overlooked your annoying tone.

Please learn how to write a coherent paragraph. Reading your posts is painful.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It really is, but whatever man. He'll learn someday that excuses don't always please everyone :(.
That's like saying a guy in a wheelchair is making excuses for not showing up to running with his class.
Or a guy who broke his arm is making "excuses" when not showing up for Basketball practice.

Just because you can do something completly fine, doesn't mean you can expect everyone else to.

FaroFazi03

Stone
It really is, but whatever man. He'll learn someday that excuses don't always please everyone :(.
That's like saying a guy in a wheelchair is making excuses for not showing up to running with his class.
Or a guy who broke his arm is making "excuses" when not showing up for Basketball practice.

Just because you can do something completly fine, doesn't mean you can expect everyone else to.

Funny thing is, I wasn't going say anything HolyRane. ((btw love the pic Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki is one of my fav anime)) I deal with people like you all the time, some get to know me and become my friens. Others think there high and mighty, that if you look funny, talk funny or even act funny. There not worth there time, that or easy targets.

Sometimes people forget that there not gods and mer mortals are to be smiten down for the fun of it. My whole life I been look down wail I work hard for people. My spelling and grammer not the best thing, but I try my best.

All I wanted was to talk about a problem that i been coming accross and instead of just whinning how broken there are and banned there powers, I gave an idea, that only the mayor can, after having so much gold ore and other items and a million of coins in the town bank maybe he could place down a marker that 8 by 8 blocks around that marker is un pvp or disable spells. We work to make the town safe. My idea was rejected and I can understand that. I been talking to my mayor and now working on a new way to protect our city.

You want to pick on my spelling and grammer go ahead...

EtKEnn ~ Thank you for being kind. Not many are like that these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.