• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

An Idea for Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaroFazi03

Stone
Move this if it is the wrong spot.​
For the pass week, I stop playing Herocraft. I'm a lvl 16 rouge and a lvl 48 Alchemist. I love to dig and was even working on a sewer that would all people fast travel. I have love for my city and build a home there there would send me there orders and I go make it. How ever like I said before I stop playing. it wasn't cuz I'm mad at herocraft or I grow tire of it. None of that, it was I was kill in my own home at two different day by two different men, cuz it was fun to them. Now you could be thinking, oh maybe you shouldn't remove the dirt blocks and let them in, or oh your fellow members did that to you, that is mess up. NO it wasn't that it was cuz of one spell. It can only be use when your lvl 60 from the warrior class Dragoon. This spell is call Tremor. Now for those that don't know much about this spell let me tell you about it.​
Tremor lvl 60 MP 20 Stamina 10 Cooldown 7 sec ~You knock back all enemies within 5 blocks of you and deal 95 damage. Takes half a second to warm up.​
These guys where attacking me outside my house wail I was inside of it, this spell is too broken and unfair.I can understand if they broke into my house some how it attack me when I go out, but no they just stand next to my wall and just kill me.​
Here is my idea and more then likely it will turn down but still i need to try. anti magic spells. Have markers that only the mayor or who ever around a person place that makes who ever in that area unable to case spells.​
~Or give us alchemist fairydust XD ~​
thank you for your time and letting me vent a bit. I hope you take what I say to heart and would find some way to make some people that come to a city for protection, will be giving it. Thank you again​
Stay purring ~ Faro​

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Just build a wall that is more than 5 blocks thick. Problem solved. Or... flee to your undercity if this is happening. Or... have your friends help you. A new feature doesn't need to be added because you are getting killed by easily avoidable skills.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
:( - Faro... Go underground if that ever happens. I understand your frustration. We can connect your house to the main runway to the underground if you are ever threatened in your house. It's annoying, but Dragoons are able to jump across the walls and get to your house easily with SuperJump.

xargun Techs_Rule bobbiejoe2

However, I do agree that Tremor should NOT go through walls sideways. While the y-axis is reasonable, I don't really see how it is fair on the x-axis. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a possible way to code this into the game considering the spell is an AoE.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah those were raiders. It is fun to AoE peoples houses in towns. It wouldn't be hardcore if you weren't allowed to use spells inside towns.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
While the y-axis is reasonable, I don't really see how it is fair on the x-axis.
First off - are you using "normal" x/y/z coords or Herocraft's derpy coord system where Y is the "up-and-down" axis?
Second - how is it unfair for it to be an AOE in all directions?

FaroFazi03

Stone
Yeah those were raiders. It is fun to AoE peoples houses in towns. It wouldn't be hardcore if you weren't allowed to use spells inside towns.

Try saying that to two people in my town, I was making gold for them. I get kill and cuz i didn't had a chest and the guy keep killing me before i could get in to my house. all that hard work gone, I owe one c for the lose resores and I had the tell the other one i will not work on his order now cuz of this attack

FaroFazi03

Stone
:( - Faro... Go underground if that ever happens. I understand your frustration. We can connect your house to the main runway to the underground if you are ever threatened in your house. It's annoying, but Dragoons are able to jump across the walls and get to your house easily with SuperJump.

However, I do agree that Tremor should NOT go through walls sideways. While the y-axis is reasonable, I don't really see how it is fair on the x-axis. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a possible way to code this into the game considering the spell is an AoE.

So my only choices are.

1 run away in hiddingtunnels that have spides, skellatons and all that.
2 log off, one way or an other I am not enjoying myself

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Try saying that to two people in my town, I was making gold for them. I get kill and cuz i didn't had a chest and the guy keep killing me before i could get in to my house. all that hard work gone, I owe one c for the lose resores and I had the tell the other one i will not work on his order now cuz of this attack
Welcome to Herocraft. Everyone gets killed and loses their resources.

lol you owe 1 c.

FaroFazi03

Stone
Just build a wall that is more than 5 blocks thick. Problem solved. Or... flee to your undercity if this is happening. Or... have your friends help you. A new feature doesn't need to be added because you are getting killed by easily avoidable skills.

I can only build ag big as I am told. I was trying to recall out of there till I was killed. Friends can only come after it over...pretty much get ganck or log off and prey he goes away after awail....fun day

FaroFazi03

Stone
Hit level 60 and kill the raiders then?
My town people needed an alchemist that can help them. I am more skillful in building and digging. That why my lvl for alchemist is as high as is. Your good at fighting...I am good at other thing, that is the point of having class and profs

10apes

Gold

Faro don't leave... I can help you build a tunnel with lights and furnaces connecting to the underground city. Its only two raiders, they can't reach you underground and you can do your crafting and alchemy stuff down there.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Eeeeeh. The lack of support and almost outright aggressiveness for the poor newbies saddens me. That and I notice that every poster in the thread aside from the OP is a donor, and so wouldn't need to worry about chests and whatnot.

Unfortunately, Faro, there really isn't anything you can do about it. As you've noticed, most of the veterans on the server are of the 'deal with it' sort, and have little to no sympathy for people not interested in PvP. That said, there might be some things you can do.

Having thicker walls will definitely help, and if they're outside your walls try running into the tunnels. Bring a bunch of torches and light it up bright as day to prevent mob spawns. All you need to do is stay out of combat for more than 10 seconds, then log out until they get bored (I tend to go play another game while waiting). Come back in every now and again and use "/shout Test" or something like that to see if anyone is close enough to hear you shouting. If they are, see if you can figure out if they're friendly or not. If you can't, log out. If it's safe, start building a safe shelter underground you can retreat to if you need to. Doors, torches, ways of attacking outside without being attacked. This isn't for PvP, but to handle the mobs inside the tunnel while you light it up.

Play it safe and you should be fine. Just don't go pretending to be a hero; no one's gonna have your back unless you havea few high levelled friends. Sooner or later they'll be bored of harassing you, especially if they can't GET to you in the first place, being safe underground. Keep an eye out for nametags floating around topside, and sneak whenever you're afraid there's someone unfriendly about. Play with your sound on if you can; helps reduce unwanted surprises. It's the only safe way to play unless you have a bunch of level 60s on speed-dial.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Unfortunately, Faro, there really isn't anything you can do about it.
The reason I reacted so strongly is because there are actually multiple simple steps that can be taken, and he was suggesting a new plugin / new functionality (AND he was complaining about raiders, which are an everyday part of HC). Also notice, that I didn't just say "QQ n00b" - I gave some suggestions. Building a wall more than 5 blocks thick would definitely work (it can even be hollow!). Running to your undercity would work (you should have a tunnel that links to it). Or (drumroll) ... build your lab underground where they can't reach you! You're already in a town, so they can't dig to you!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Eeeeeh. The lack of support and almost outright aggressiveness for the poor newbies saddens me. That and I notice that every poster in the thread aside from the OP is a donor, and so wouldn't need to worry about chests and whatnot.

Unfortunately, Faro, there really isn't anything you can do about it. As you've noticed, most of the veterans on the server are of the 'deal with it' sort, and have little to no sympathy for people not interested in PvP. That said, there might be some things you can do.
^^^^^^This guy is absolutely right ^^^^^^^

There are no one who stand up for new players anymore, there are NO benefits to be gained from doing that. Being evil gives you a higher amount of kills which appearently is the most important thing in the world for some people. We need karma or a placeholder system that supports Good actions (Helping new players etc.) and gives negative traits for evil actions (Mass-Murder, killing new players). I mean, this is Hardcore, but remember that the main element is RPG. You shouldn't be able to murder a hole town and then just walk away like nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.