• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alt Account Infiltration

Anonymiter

Soulsand
I've had several new members to the server apply to my town. Most of them seem to be working together to cause problems in the region. I would normally just remove them but it seems like theres more going on than just general duushbaggary and stupidity.

I did as much of a background check on them as I could before accepting them, but they were all new members to the server. They've stolen an caused minor grief, but worse is that they've let another person into the region as well. It seemed suspicious but I didn't want to jump to conclusions without good reason.

I gave one of them, named FunkyFunk71, a chance to leave. Right as he got out the door he said something about how they had already accomplished their goal. Add to it that he said "JERICHO IS DEAD" right before he was removed, and it all seems to weird for new server members.

My guess is that Joefidelstixs, FunkyFunk71, Magyar12, and maybe others are alt accounts of Herocraft players that are being used to get into the region. Is there any way to verify if someone is doing this and is there anything to be done if it is the case?

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
duushbaggary

I love it.

In any case it's against the rules to steal rare blocks in a regioned area confirmed by an admin. The lapis they stripped from the town has been reported and hopefully those responsible will be held accountable.

It seemed stranged that they seemed to have a good amount of knowledge about the rules (short of regioned rares blocks), much more so then the typical new user.

Anonymiter

Soulsand
Looks like you guys need me back to protect Jericho.
Theres not much you can do to defend us from someone with $20 and a lot of free time to lose. Its not like the second they were on the region they tore down the walls. Most of it was covert and within the rules enough for them to not be detected. Once we found out they were hunted down easily enough and killed.

BuddahHopper

The Crayon
About to sleep but saw this and double checked the rules considering how I handled 2 petitions earlier tonight.

Main Server rules:
  • Stealing.
    • Stealing is legal everywhere EXCEPT inside Zeal and town halls.
  • Destruction of rare blocks and plants. (See section II:1b)
Section II: Griefing and harassment
B: Destroying blocks in another player's house/structure.
1B: This rule does not apply to diamond, gold, iron, or lapis lazuli blocks.
2B: This rule does not apply to plants.

As of right now, it says nothing about being illegal to steal from within regioned areas. Only zeal and town halls. but does say it's legal everywhere else.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
About to sleep but saw this and double checked the rules considering how I handled 2 petitions earlier tonight.

As of right now, it says nothing about being illegal to steal from within regioned areas. Only zeal and town halls. but does say it's legal everywhere else.

Correct. Please refer to the rules for clarification in the future. This "so-and-so admin said otherwise" doesn't work.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Well the way I see it, if the griefers are alt accounts, and it is illegal to have an alt account, wouldn't everything they did by abusing their region permission be illegal and rollback'd.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It doesn't appear to be a thread complaining about items being stolen, buddah and seratt. Rather, he is trying to report people who he thinks are using alternate accounts (illegal) to infiltrate towns they don't like as new players so that they can sabotage it.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
I'll look into the alt accounts and take appropriate action if necessary.

If anything was stolen or griefed in the town hall, I'll see about a refund or rollback. Everything else falls on the town.

Anonymiter

Soulsand
I'll look into the alt accounts and take appropriate action if necessary.

If anything was stolen or griefed in the town hall, I'll see about a refund or rollback. Everything else falls on the town.
As always, do what you can. I'd ask no more than that.

it's a sad day in HC history when people from rival towns make alt accts to harass other people....
It seems Drackiller and possibly Aetosion & Hiumaru were also involved. They're calling themselves the Redstone Robbers and they've dug tunnels under the walls, camped beds, and set recalls in the town. There isn't much for them to do now that they're off the region, but they hurt newer members to the server since I'm no longer able to trust people I don't know.

If they are just random "professional" saboteurs, their damn committed ones. They went through the town application process, built homes, and laid plans to get in later. They set up back stories for each member so they could leave a few behind. And thats not even mentioning how well they know the rules for Herocraft and how they apply.

It just seems really weird to have a random group target a town so thoroughly and somehow know exactly where to target it.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Perhaps it's just new players who want to cause mayhem and destruction?

It doesn't necessarily mean they were alt accounts. It's definitely possible they were. It could also just be paranoia.

We are high up on minestatus, we have a larger income of new players than we did when I joined up (Sanctum) and we are bound to get bad players who just want to steal. I think it's more likely they were put up to it by others, not being literally controlled by someone else from a different town.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't get why the higher ups think its legit to steal from townships. What the fuck is a region for if not to protect chests? Why should you be vulnerable to people joining with the goal to fuck you over? There needs to be something done about people joining to fuck you over because a "HARDCORE" server based around township pvp should NOT cripple towns for having enemies and not being able to recruit.

You want community? Maybe if such heinous acts were against the rules people might have a lot better time making friends and building stronger townships.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It's decently easy to mostly prevent it.

A. Don't recruit people who have played for 4 minutes. See how they react to others first and in other towns.

B. Let people make a reputation for themselves on the server first.

C. Make them fill out a nice sized application with 1 chance to get it right. Good spelling, grammar, and answers required.
D. Don't recruit directly in the game, use option C.

E. Also don't accept anyone who has been in a previous town that you are not allied with or on good terms with / know the leaders who can vouch for them.

Following those steps should keep most of the lazy people out of the town and the douches are usually the lazy ones.

@vudani btw so you can prevent town stealing better

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
Don't take me for a fool, I handle 5-25 25 question 500-5000+ word applications a week but a game such as this can't be handled with such scrutiny. But this is Herocraft and from a Game Design standpoint in order to build a community you can't tell newbs getting killed after leaving zeal to join a town and have most warring towns thinking they are traitors or being hesitant to recruit them.

You shouldn't punish new players for a flawed system.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
@vudani btw so you can prevent town stealing better

Put it in the rules and give people warnings/bans. No need for programming anything in or adding plugins. You get the petitions regardless and its not hard to check the logs on a chest. That should deter most people. You could add something if you wanted too.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Correct. Please refer to the rules for clarification in the future. This "so-and-so admin said otherwise" doesn't work.

So a person can be added to the region, then go around stripping the town of any rare block they come into contact with? Cool. Really like this region-protection we got going...

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6

Umm..
20110630073624.png