• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alpine Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN: Alpine
Banned by: @Kainzo
Time of ban: 8/2/2015 11:45AM-ish.
Reason for ban: Chat Harrassment
Your story: I joined HC and I said something along the lines of "Kainzo, the new skin is looking good. ;)" in elite chat. Then I got temp banned for a day for chat harrassment..? Im dead confused, if that statement was mistaken as sarcasm, it was a legitimate appreciation of your skin. So yeah, if I could get more details in why I got banned for this that'd be great.

Thanks, FaZe Alpine

Muted by: @Kainzo, @MoeJunur
Time of mute: 10:15PM-ish Feb, 11 2015
Server/Channel: First O-Chat, then Global Mute
Reason for mute: Harassment
Your story: I told people that if they tweeted #Autumn_IsLesbian I would give them 75s, also I said that Autumn_ is TheArch0n, and she is a lesbian.

Now this is a gray area in my, and other's opinions. This mute was classified as 'Harassment' that's fine. But what makes it harassment? It was a verbal attack against somebody's race, age, gender, or sexual orientation. It was merely a personal observation and opinion on the person that I wanted to spread.

So please explain to me, if this is Harassment, me saying that someone is of a certain gender orientation, even if it is FALSE, then why isn't someone saying to me... Uber is a 9 year old squeaker illegal and mutable as well? I've heard people argue that ageism, and gender orientation are two different things, but when age is used in a derogatory manner ment as an attack towards me then why haven't countless people been muted / banned yet? I wasn't even saying it in anyway disrespectful, it was an observation / opinion that I made and wanted to share with others. If the people who DID NOT care, didn't want to listen to my observation then fine. There IS a reason why there is ./ignore.

I understand that as a mod or an admin you get the right to deny service, or mute/ban people as you please. But then I just ask you to specify the rule 'Harassment'. I repeatedly asked Moejunur a very VALID question about what counts as harassment and what doesn't, but was completely ignored and then muted. If making FALSE verbals attacks on me based on my age is legal, then why is me making (possibly false) observations about a person's sexual orientation illegal? Answer me this. Kainzo you have dozens of guides, architects, and even devs who have attacked me because of my age. And me making an observation or a personal opinion on someone turns out to be illegal? I have all but respect for the mods and admins and this very well be a mistake or not, but this is a legitimate problem that needs to be resolved. The rule NEEDS to be specified. If what I did was mutable and under the umbrella of 'harassment', then what about age? What about ableism? What about other isms, or phobias? Is mocking them or attacking using those -ist comments legal? These are serious things to be discussed and thought about.

I'm in no way wiser than many people on this server, I'm still a young soul on this planet. But what I do know is fairness. *If you do decide to keep me globally muted that's fine. But all I ask from you the owner of this server is to give all the players INCLUDING staff members who have previously attacked,mocked, and harassed me because of my age, or the way I sound a mute or a ban as well. That in my eyes would be a fair punishment for me, and all the people who have harassed others before who have gone off without a ban or a mute.

Ultimately this is your server Kainzo and you have the right to do whatever you want to. I just hope you take this into consideration, especially my suggestions made here to make the harassment rule clarified, and the people who have previously harassed others to be appropriately punished.

Thanks for taking the time to read it,
Alpine

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@TheUberNerd
Staff asks you to stop the overly sexual remarks, you don't.
Thus you are here.

TLDR:
Respect the staff / volunteers of this server and keep your childish remarks to yourself. If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all.

Muted by: @Kainzo,
Time of mute: 10:15PM-ish Feb, 11 2015
Server/Channel: First O-Chat, then Global Mute
Reason for mute: Harassment
Your story: I'm making my second appeal to my global mute as well as a response to what has been said in the previous mute appeal.

To start off with I want to make it clear that despite my past and what you think I did to 'disrespect' staff or volunteers, I very much appreciate everything you've done, and what others have done to make this server in my opinion the best RPG server out there and making this a server that I keep on coming back to.
Now looking at your response Kainzo I was globally muted for continually making overly sexual remarks, not listening to staff when told to stop, and for not saying nice things. Now to be straight up with you I disagree. Now you say what I said wasn't nice, and were overly sexual remarks.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but with my knowledge saying that someone is a Lesbian isn't 1. Overly Sexual, 2. Not nice. People are PROUD of their sexual orientation and I personally am very open and accepting of people of any sexual orientation. Now if you think that saying that someone is Lesbian is not nice, isn't that kind of a punch in the face to people who are lesbian? Or gay? Or just in general somebody with a different sexual orientation from heterosexual. What you are implying, from what I can see you are writing is that you think being Lesbian is bad. So its now deemed as an insult in your eyes. Is that why I got globally muted?
If that WAS the case then I won't hold back when saying that I feel that I was wrongfully muted. I see no problem with people being Lesbian, Gay, Pansexual, Bisexual or any other sexual orientation, and I feel other people who lets say are lesbian or gay, don't find people saying they are a sexual orientation offending or insulting in any way.

Not to mention you say its an overly sexual remark, now in my opinion and other's opinions talking about one's sexual orientation is no different from talking about someone's hair color, gender, or age. It's a part of a person, and it's a part of life. Being muted for talking about one's sexual orientation is equivalent in my mind of talking about someone's gender.
This is why I think I was wrongfully globally muted. What I said was in no way ment to be a verbal attack, or childish. It was merely a statement, an observation, and an opinion I had about another person's sexual orientation. Going back to what I said before, if making a statement about one's sexual orientation is illegal, then that must mean making a statement on one's age or gender is illegal as well.

Response/Suggestion part:

If you think that discussing one's sexual orientation is harassment that's fine, but all I ask is for you to update hc.to/rules and clarify the harassment rule more and specify what exactly would be harassment. Harassment is very broad and it can include many things, it's for many people a gray area cause some might think something is harassment and some might think otherwise. This was partly why I didn't stop when mods asked me to stop. Mods CAN be wrong about rules, and with a rule as obscure and unclear as the harassment rule I personally didn't see anything wrong with what I was saying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways I hope you read my appeal in all of its entirety. This is to me more than just a global mute about 'childish remarks' this a debatable gray area that should be thoroughly discussed, and changes to the harassment should be applied to make the rule clearer so that people won't get muted / banned for a rule that could arguably be unclear.

Thanks, and I truly hope you consider my heartfelt and thought out mute appeal. It would definitely be great to be able to get unmuted and continue chatting, and socializing with this wonderful Minecraft community!

Alpine

Status
Not open for further replies.